New Daily Driver... For Now ;) - Ford Mustang Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 8 (permalink) Old 12-12-2012 Thread Starter
PONY Member

New Daily Driver... For Now ;)

Until i get the mustang up i figured i would share the new DD. It is my 1967 F100 Original HighBoy with a motor swap 460 Big Block. Nothing fancy, single cab, short bed, 4x4 of course on 35" ties, Still in primer. Was the project i had waiting after the mustang but looks like it is going to come a little faster. Plans are a diesel conversion to a DT360 with an allison 1000 5 spd until i find a allison 1000 6spd.

Should be daily driving in a week or so. Just in time for Dec 21st :p hahaha

Goals with diesel build are 800whp so roughly 2500tq at the wheels. Twin turbo pushing about 60-90PSI roughly and might add propane/meth shot if its not enough. Body is going to also get redone with fiberglass once the car is payed off by insurance so i am out the whole for payments.

Will keep everyone posted on what happens to car and for parts and such. If things go well on my end i am looking at ordering a 2014 Mustang

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 8 (permalink) Old 12-12-2012
Apprentice

when i saw the aftermath pics of your car i cried ... i couldnt even bring myself to write a comment i was in so much pain.

2013 Mustang V6 - Black
Performance Mods
C&L CAI, BORLA LT Headers, Borla X-Pipe with Hi-Flow Cats , Pypes Resonators, Borla Atack Axle Backs, SCT X3 with 93 Octane Performance STAGE 3 MPT Ghost Cam Tune, Steeda Short throw shifter, Hurst Pistle Grip Knob.

Youtube: RCKTPNY Instagram: danyal_meyer
post #3 of 8 (permalink) Old 12-12-2012
PONY Member
5.0L Member
S197 Member

At least one anyway.....

2015 Gt with perf pack/Guard Green/MBRP race exhaust/Steeda shifter bracket/ ....... more to come

Originally Posted by cudaman ........
Let's hope you don't have the same problem with your zipper and your fueling rod, should you run into another female in a Camaro that needs genetic gas.

post #4 of 8 (permalink) Old 12-12-2012 Thread Starter
PONY Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by danthemangm View Post
when i saw the aftermath pics of your car i cried ... i couldnt even bring myself to write a comment i was in so much pain.
All i am happy about honestly is no one got hurt. It could have been so much worse! Now its legal issues to deal with and insurance.

Dont mind the other trucks in the back round. This is the picture when i first bought it. Needs to be stripped to frame and gone through from the ground up. Going to be a hell of a project but needs to get done if i want to build it for the power i expect.
post #5 of 8 (permalink) Old 12-12-2012
MACH I Member

I love it!

Hang in there.

2012 Ingot GT Premium / 401a / Reverse Sensing & Security / 3.73 Rear

Mods: CS Fascia w/Fogs / Saleen Grille / Flowmaster Hushpower AB / Koni STR.T Struts & Shocks / Steeda Sport Springs / Steeda HD Upper Mounts / BMR Adjustable Panhard / TPS Slotted Rotors / Hawk Pads / JLT Catch Can / Barton Shifter / Barton 2-Post Bracket / Airaid CAI / Rockers painted to match / HID Retrofit / Bama Baby!
post #6 of 8 (permalink) Old 12-13-2012 Thread Starter
PONY Member

Thank you, all i have right now and so far she has come alive for the day, need to convert the whole system to electric fuel delivery and get a new carb and it should be on the road once the tires are done and new springs and shocks. Not to bad to make a DD for point A to B.
post #7 of 8 (permalink) Old 12-13-2012
SHELBY GT 350 Member
V6 Member
5.0L Member
S197 Member

I like it too. All the best getting your next Mustang soon!

2011 Ford Mustang V8 5.0 GT/CS Black Coupe MT - (Mods in my profile, too many to list here...)
"Don't wait for tomorrow to look back and wish for today": In Memory of a great guy: Pcfrisch.
post #8 of 8 (permalink) Old 12-14-2012
SHELBY GT 350 Member

i bet thats good on gas....not

2012 V6 traded in for a 2017 VW GTI.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Ford Mustang Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a VALID email address for yourself, otherwise you will not receive the necessary confirmation email needed to confirm, validate and activate your new AFM member account.

Failure to provide a VALID email address, will result in the cancellation of your new AFM member account registration.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page