Black Friday at Charlotte Motor Speedway - Ford Mustang Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread
post #1 of 3 (permalink) Old 12-12-2012 Thread Starter
Apprentice
5.0L Member
S197 Member

Black Friday at Charlotte Motor Speedway

Went to Charlotte again this year for Black Friday laps. A young friend also came up in his 2012 GT and did the video on his GoPro. We did two 3 lap sessions in each car. This so fun. Bear in mind that they put 20 cars at a time on the track behind a pace car, and it can be anything from minivans full of kids through F-450 pickups. You have to be VERY careful if you are going to go fast. So, we were only able to really hit it coming out of turn 2 ( last lap I hit it hard in turn one ). We had to get out of the gas only part way down the back straight. Actual top speed was over 130. Enjoy. We did. Not sure I put the link in correctly. Click on the title and it will go to it.
Louie 2012 Mustang GT - YouTube

2012 GT premium 6r80 Kona Blue with Saddle interior : Magnacharged, 3.55s, BFG G-Force Super Sport A/S 255/45-18, GT500 axlebacks, Saleen grill, CS lower valance, SLP trunk panel, MRT adjustable head restraints, BOSS oil cooler, BOSS brakes lines, C-Max ceramics for street and SP Performance Street Plus pads for light track duty, NAPA 5.1 brake fluid, BMR springs, LCA relocation brackets, panhard bar, Steeda ProAction shocks and struts. GT500 strut mounts, other small mods. Daily Driver.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 3 (permalink) Old 12-12-2012
GT Member
V6 Member
S197 Member

Pretty Cool. We used to have a GTG there every year with a bunch of us from Ford Truck World, Got kicked out twice for the high speed last lap

http://i124.photobucket.com/albums/p34/Siberexpress/Sterling/Stripes/af58edf0-2e2e-4ffe-a201-405b00a627bc_zpseb5ae052.jpg
2013 Performance Package V6
2013 F150 6.2L Boss
Yes it is a Boss
post #3 of 3 (permalink) Old 12-12-2012
PONY Member
5.0L Member
S197 Member

That was pretty cool. I did not know you could do that (WOT) with your personal car. I have done the Richard Petty Driving Experience at Charlotte and it was the most fun I have ever had in a car by a long shot. We did the ride along first and then we got to drive one of their race cars. We could only go so fast as you had to follow the professional driver on every lap. If you got too close to him he would wave you off. If you got too close to him after two wave off's he would park you. I was able to run 141 m.p.h. down the back straight but that was after hitting the brakes about half way for fear of getting parked. The weird thing was before going into turn 3, due to the high banking, the car would want to drift down so you had to turn the steering wheel up toward the wall in order to get the proper line going into the turn. You did get used to it after a couple of times around the track. I highly recommend the driving experience especially at Charlotte.
Thanks for sharing your video.

2014 GT 5.0 Premium (Ordered 2/1/2013, received 3/20/2013) 6A - 401A premium trim - Steeda CAI - (Mike Rousch) SCT Dynojet custom tune - Lethal offroad H-pipe - J&M LCA's - BMR relocation brackets - Circle D 5C converter - DSS aluminum drive shaft - front sway bar delete kit - stock mufflers - and a stock 3:15 gear. Best pass so far - 60 ft. 1.577, 1/4 mile e.t. 11.567, mph 117.22.

(Traded in on new 2014)
2011 GT 5.0 Premium - Black - 6M - 3:73 gear
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Ford Mustang Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a VALID email address for yourself, otherwise you will not receive the necessary confirmation email needed to confirm, validate and activate your new AFM member account.

Failure to provide a VALID email address, will result in the cancellation of your new AFM member account registration.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in