Discerning features for v6/gt 2010+ - Page 2 - Ford Mustang Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools
Apprentice

Quote:
Originally Posted by notaV8 View Post
Haha then you won't be able to tell mine is a v6 then! I have a boss 302 grille because I love the tribar pony, I have the 19 inch wheels that come with the performance pkg as well as the california specials, only way you can tell is by the faux gas cap. I also have big dual exhausts. Of course i dont have any 5.0 badges or v6 badges

I also have the 5.0 spoiler

believe me i could tell by the sound instantly

Build Date 05/10
2011 5.0 GT, Kona Blue, 6 MT, 401A Package, 3.73 Gears, Brembo Brakes, JLT Oil Separators, Raxiom Tail Lights, BBK Cat Deletes, Ford Racing X-Pipe, GT500 Mufflers, J&M Lower Control Arms, GT500 Spoiler, Barton Shifter Bracket, SCT Bama Tuned
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

notaV8

Quote:
Originally Posted by KONA11GT View Post
believe me i could tell by the sound instantly
You maybe, not when it's parked.

No one believes me it's a v6, and now with my "cammed" idle people ask me to open the hood because they don't believe me. Even this Ford shop I went to thought it was a v8. It's just in the higher higher RPMs where you can obviously tell the difference.

I'm not trying to be like a 5.0 in any way either lol my car has all v6 parts except for the 5.0 spoiler and boss grille but neither of those say boss or 5.0, theyre just parts.

PONY Member
5.0L Member

The performance package wheels and cs wheels are different. The cs wheels have GT on them and the PP wheels are darker. So a person could tell if it were parked.

OracleHCR
2018 Lightning Blue GT Premium; Performance Package 1:
MagneRide; Active Exhaust

notaV8

Quote:
Originally Posted by OracleHCR View Post
The performance package wheels and cs wheels are different. The cs wheels have GT on them and the PP wheels are darker. So a person could tell if it were parked.
well if someone is going to be analyzing my car for that long and staring at it you bet your arse I'm gonna go out there and see what's up.
PONY Member
5.0L Member

I wouldn't have to stare. I would know in a glance. I wouldn't be looking at it to decide if it were a v6 or v8 anyways. I stop to look at any good looking Stang. Besides, I have a good looking car of my own.

OracleHCR
2018 Lightning Blue GT Premium; Performance Package 1:
MagneRide; Active Exhaust
PONY Member

It's real easy to tell. Just wave at the driver. If he smiles, and waves back, it's a V6. If he snubs you, and looks down on you, then it's most assuredly a V8. LOL.

Suh-----nap!

Tim

Mustang base coupe, V6, manual transmission, Red Candy tint, performance package.

Upgrades: DSS aluminum driveshaft, BMR LCA's, Yukon 3.73 gears, MGW shifter.

Displaying 3.7 fender badges is like telling everyone your wife is "office hot."

post #22 of 24 (permalink) Old 12-31-2012 Thread Starter
PONY Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tim13 View Post
It's real easy to tell. Just wave at the driver. If he smiles, and waves back, it's a V6. If he snubs you, and looks down on you, then it's most assuredly a V8. LOL.

Suh-----nap!

Tim
Hahahaha

Sent from my iPhone using AutoGuide.com Free App

2007 GT Performance White
Pype Bomb Axleback
JLT Series 3 CAI
Bama 93 Hybrid Tune
Steeda Underdrive Pulleys
PONY Member
5.0L Member
S197 Member

Quote:

Suh-----nap!

Tim
YES! LOL

15charrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr
notaV8

Quote:

Suh-----nap!

Tim
a new v8 was behind me today and he was a jerk! I put my window down at the light and he just gave me an evil face and i put my window right back up D: right before that he was behind me at the previous light and flew right past me and was going 80 on a 40! What a moron.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Ford Mustang Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a VALID email address for yourself, otherwise you will not receive the necessary confirmation email needed to confirm, validate and activate your new AFM member account.

Failure to provide a VALID email address, will result in the cancellation of your new AFM member account registration.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page