2010+ black color codes - Ford Mustang Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 7 (permalink) Old 12-28-2012 Thread Starter
Rookie

2010+ black color codes

Hi,

I am looking to buy a pre-painted black GT front bumper for my 2012 black Mustang. The bumpers from 2010-2012 will fit, but I have a problem with the color codes:

The color code of my car is (non-metallic) black, color code "UA".

- One dealer says he only has a bumper in black metallic in stock. Did they even offer black metallic as a color from 2010-2012? Or should this be plain black (code UA)?

- Another dealer lists the item as "black (VA)". I have not seen color code "VA" anywhere. Did this code exist?

Thanks for your help!

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 7 (permalink) Old 12-28-2012
Beast3.7

The only VA paint code I see on paintref.com is "terrain" for a F150, which is brown. Maybe the font used makes the U look like a V?

post #3 of 7 (permalink) Old 12-28-2012 Thread Starter
Rookie

Thanks! I am guessing the VA is a typo and should say UA.

Another question:
The dealer with the 'black metallic' colored one just said it's color a 2012 color with color code "BM". I can not find this code anywhere online. Has anybody heard of that color?

post #4 of 7 (permalink) Old 12-28-2012
GT Member
V6 Member
S197 Member

Since Ford Non Metallic black has been UA for years, and they don't offer the Tuxedo or any other black than the UA on the 2010+, It would probably work.

http://i124.photobucket.com/albums/p34/Siberexpress/Sterling/Stripes/af58edf0-2e2e-4ffe-a201-405b00a627bc_zpseb5ae052.jpg
2013 Performance Package V6
2013 F150 6.2L Boss
Yes it is a Boss
post #5 of 7 (permalink) Old 12-28-2012 Thread Starter
Rookie

I can also only find "UA" as black color for the 2010+ Mustangs on the internet, but he seemed very confident that it's the "accent color" "BM". I don't want to risk ordering the bumper if I'm not 100% sure it's the same color since shipping it back will be a expensive...

What is this mysterious "BM" color...
post #6 of 7 (permalink) Old 12-28-2012
GT Member
V6 Member
S197 Member

There was once a BM paint code from Ford that was a Light Prairie Tan used mostly on F150s. There is no BM paint code for recent model Mustangs. Besides, Ford paint codes aren't acronyms (like BM for Black Metallic), they are randomly assigned letter codes for paint options. BM may be listed as a color acronym for small pieces of interior trim (although I can't think of any offhand) but the exterior black paint is most certainly UA - the only exterior black color offered on recent Mustangs.

2011 Pony Pkg. convertible M6
2000 Trans Am WS7 (sold)
post #7 of 7 (permalink) Old 12-28-2012 Thread Starter
Rookie

Thanks! I did not even think about the acronym ("BM" for Black Metallic). This might explain where this weird code comes from - and makes it a little more likely that the official code is actually UA. I just hope they did not get it confused with "lava red metallic" - which could be seen as a "black metallic" in some light. Will check again with that dealer. Fingers crossed...
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Ford Mustang Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a VALID email address for yourself, otherwise you will not receive the necessary confirmation email needed to confirm, validate and activate your new AFM member account.

Failure to provide a VALID email address, will result in the cancellation of your new AFM member account registration.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page