Bama tune questions - Ford Mustang Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 6 (permalink) Old 12-30-2012 Thread Starter
Banned
V6 Member
5.0L Member

Send a message via AIM to tormenting5.0 Send a message via Yahoo to tormenting5.0
Bama tune questions

Hey guys I couldn't find any good answers so here I go.

The only gas grades I have near me are:

91 and 93 are really hard too find near me. Most stations that carry it are out of the way. So does bama offer tunes for 89 or 92? Or do it just go with 87 and 91 tunes and use 89 or 92 fuel? Also what are the hybrid tunes, do they offer anything better? I really only want better throttle response, less auto trans lag, and as much low end torque I can get.

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 6 (permalink) Old 12-30-2012
GT Member

Not sure what they offer but I know you can use a higher octane fuel with a tune just not lower

Blower and stuff

622 whp and 545 wtq @ 8.5psi
AED Tune = Best mod of all
post #3 of 6 (permalink) Old 12-30-2012
GT Member
S197 Member

Go with the 89 and 91 tunes and you won't go wrong if you use better gas. I'm not sure that they offer an 87 tune. I have 89 and 93 street and 93 performance tunes. Get with them and they can fix you up with whatever you want.

Frank

2013 GT Premium, Red Candy Metallic, Brembos, Auto, GT500 Axlebacks.

SOLD! 2008 GT Premium, Vapor Metallic, 5-speed stick w/MGW, Ford Racing M6066 Whipple S/C, 3.31 gear, GTA's. GT500 front end, spoiler, suspension and wheels. Sequentials and one touch. - can't wipe the smile off my face.

post #4 of 6 (permalink) Old 12-30-2012
GT Member

I would run a 91 tune on 92 octane fuel

2016 DIB GT Premium A6, Borla S-type axle backs, Rovos Pretoria wheels 20x8.5/20x10, Nitto N555G2 tires 255/35/20 and 275/35/20, Koni yellows, BMR springs
post #5 of 6 (permalink) Old 12-31-2012
notaV8

get a 91 hybrid tune and that gives you the low end torque of the 87 street tune and the pros of the high end gains of the race tune! You can use 92 octane and it'll be fine, just don't ever run a lower octane on a higher octane tune because it can harm your car!

If all you want is low end then the 87 street tune will be perfect. Yeah they can adjust all of the transmission settings for you!
post #6 of 6 (permalink) Old 12-31-2012
Site Sponsor

Quote:
Originally Posted by tormenting5.0 View Post
Hey guys I couldn't find any good answers so here I go.

The only gas grades I have near me are:

91 and 93 are really hard too find near me. Most stations that carry it are out of the way. So does bama offer tunes for 89 or 92? Or do it just go with 87 and 91 tunes and use 89 or 92 fuel? Also what are the hybrid tunes, do they offer anything better? I really only want better throttle response, less auto trans lag, and as much low end torque I can get.

tormenting5.0,

Let me clear a few things up for you about our Bama tunes.

We can make a custom tunes for any octane in your area (93octane or lower). So, we can make a 92, 89, and 87 octane tune for your Mustang, since it's the most accessible gas. Of course, you can always run a higher octane than what your tune is designed for, too (ex. 89octane tune with 92octane in the tank).

Next, out of the different octane tunes that we offer there's several different styles, too. We have a Street, Performance, Race, and Hybrid tune (Hybrid is exclusive for forum members).

Street- this tune is very torquey and great for a daily driver. Economy is factored in to get the best MPG possible, too. It seems like this is the best tune for you, IMO.

Performance- this tune is more for mid-ranged power. However, it does factor in Economy as well.

Race- has all mid to high range power. Nothing is left on the table for this tune performance wise. So, you won't get the best MPG, nor will you be able to pass emissions with this tune uploaded.

Hybrid- this tune combines the low end power of the Street tune with the violent high end power of the Race tune. The hybrid tune is our most powerful tune available! Of course, Economy and Emissions is not a concern when running this tune.

Hope this helps your decision. Let me know if there's anything I need to clarify or if you have any other questions!

Shane

Will Levantovsky | AmericanMuscle.com
Toll Free: 866.727.1266 | M-F 9AM-9PM EST | Sat 9AM-5:30PM EST
Bama Hotline: 888.226.9764 | M-F 9AM-5:30PM EST
Free Same-Day Shipping!
WIN A $1500 MMD STYLING PACKAGE
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Ford Mustang Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a VALID email address for yourself, otherwise you will not receive the necessary confirmation email needed to confirm, validate and activate your new AFM member account.

Failure to provide a VALID email address, will result in the cancellation of your new AFM member account registration.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page