Which model Mustang will have the most comfortable ride - Ford Mustang Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 29 (permalink) Old 01-08-2013 Thread Starter
PONY Member

Question Which model Mustang will have the most comfortable ride

this would be on real world roads with pot holes and unmaintained. Just wondering which one will give the best isolation on bad roads.:?:

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 29 (permalink) Old 01-08-2013
PONY Member

If ride comfort is your #1 priority, I suggest you get the Corolla model.

All kidding aside, the V6 would have the softest suspension. Seriously, who buys a Mustang for its mushy suspension...

2012 GT Premium Coupe 6MT
Kona Blue | Black/Grabber Blue
401A | 3.55 | BBP | CP | SP | EP | GR | HID | RVC | RSS | "Piss 5ohwhoa off"
Delivered 07MAR11
post #3 of 29 (permalink) Old 01-08-2013
GT Member

You're going to get different answers from everyone.
For me the base model V6 was too soft and floaty, the performance pkg and my stock brembo pkg are real close and in my opinion probably the most comfortable, now with new suspension I really like the ride but for some its probably too stiff.

post #4 of 29 (permalink) Old 01-08-2013 Thread Starter
PONY Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by hawkeye18 View Post
If ride comfort is your #1 priority, I suggest you get the Corolla model.

All kidding aside, the V6 would have the softest suspension. Seriously, who buys a Mustang for its mushy suspension...
aFTER DRIVING A 88 5.0 FOR OVER 24 YEARS I HAVE EARNED IT.:kooky: THAT IS THE SOFTEST SUSPENSION. I SUSPECTED IT WOULD BE THE V-6 MODEL.
post #5 of 29 (permalink) Old 01-08-2013 Thread Starter
PONY Member

Thumbs up

Quote:
Originally Posted by gt1120 View Post
You're going to get different answers from everyone.
For me the base model V6 was too soft and floaty, the performance pkg and my stock brembo pkg are real close and in my opinion probably the most comfortable, now with new suspension I really like the ride but for some its probably too stiff.
I test drove a 2013 Mustang GT with 3.31 rear end no track pack and I like that rev happy engine.

But the 2012 Mustang GT I test drove, I must admit had alot more power so it seemed as it had the 3.73 gears with 6 spd. manual and the trac pac option which would go against having a comfortable ride or a little on the stiff side.
post #6 of 29 (permalink) Old 01-08-2013
MACH I Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by cobra stang View Post
I test drove a 2013 Mustang GT with 3.31 rear end no track pack and I like that rev happy engine.

But the 2012 Mustang GT I test drove, I must admit had alot more power so it seemed as it had the 3.73 gears with 6 spd. manual and the trac pac option which would go against having a comfortable ride or a little on the stiff side.
Cobra, what exactly are you wanting to achieve with the car? What are you looking for?

Sent from my SCH-I500 using AutoGuide.Com Free App

| 2012 | Base | Performance White | 3.7 | MT82 | 2.73 | FRPP Sport Axlebacks | BMR lcas on the way
post #7 of 29 (permalink) Old 01-08-2013
PONY Member
5.0L Member
S197 Member

Any base model is a cushy ride
post #8 of 29 (permalink) Old 01-08-2013
GT Member

Base model or any without lower profile tires than base.

Now: 2016 Mustang GT Fastback-Magnetic Metallic, Ford Racing Touring axle-backs, Ford Racing front strut and k-brace, K&N CAI, sound tube delete, 1975 Corvette Coupe-L48, 4-speed

Past Lives: 2001 Corvette Z51 Coupe, 2012 Mustang Grabber Blue Coupe, 2008 Mustang Torch Red Vert, 1988 Mazda RX-7 Vert, 1985 Nissan 300ZX, 1979 Mazda RX-7, 1971 Datsun 240Z, 1972 Fiat 124 Vert, 1971 Chevelle, 1970 Challenger
post #9 of 29 (permalink) Old 01-08-2013
PONY Member
5.0L Member

I love my Gt prem. Rides great IMO

2013 Mustang GT - MT82 - Gotta Have It Green
Flowmaster Hushpower mufflers | Barton short throw | Roush chin spoiler
MACH I Member
V6 Member
S197 Member

I'm guessing a base v6.

2012 Mustang V6 Premium | Black on Black - SOLD
Options:6-speed automatic | pony package | HID headlamps | security package | reverse sensing system | comfort package
Build date: 5/12/2011 | Purchased: 6/7/2011
Mods: tape stripe delete | 20% tint | Dynomax SS cat-back exhaust (39507) | smoked side markers | Injen intake (PF9022WB)
Apprentice

Quote:
Originally Posted by PW_Pony View Post
Cobra, what exactly are you wanting to achieve with the car? What are you looking for?
^^This

What do you define as comfortable? I hate driving a Toyota Camry personally because it feels like I'm bouncing and floating all over the place.

With that said, I love my V6 Premium's suspension. No performance package, but it is nice, it's smooth and quiet on the highway. Best thing to do is test a base, test a performance package (or track pack) equipped one and see what feels better. If you go to a good dealer, like near me, they let you take it on the highway, at slow speeds, and try it out to really get a feel for the car and if you like it.

Last edited by R4z3r; 01-08-2013 at 03:20 PM. Reason: Remove ad for how it was sent
MACH I Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by R4z3r View Post
^^This

What do you define as comfortable? I hate driving a Toyota Camry personally because it feels like I'm bouncing and floating all over the place.

With that said, I love my V6 Premium's suspension. No performance package, but it is nice, it's smooth and quiet on the highway. Best thing to do is test a base, test a performance package (or track pack) equipped one and see what feels better. If you go to a good dealer, like near me, they let you take it on the highway, at slow speeds, and try it out to really get a feel for the car and if you like it.
My dealer told me to floor it! On I-30! See I bought a base, and personally it's way too mushy. Having said that, I bought a base with the full intention of putting coilovers on the car.

Sent from my SCH-I500 using AutoGuide.Com Free App

| 2012 | Base | Performance White | 3.7 | MT82 | 2.73 | FRPP Sport Axlebacks | BMR lcas on the way
post #13 of 29 (permalink) Old 03-01-2013 Thread Starter
PONY Member

Unhappy

Quote:
Originally Posted by RickAKATed10 View Post
I'm guessing a base v6.
With gasoline prices of 4.40 per gallon here the Mustang V6 will be the model to go with.
PONY Member

Define comfortable?

Not loud? Bumpy?

The non PP v6 stang will have a nice soft ride. I think even my GT has a firm ride. But if you're going over a bumpy road, that's where you'll feel that SRA no matter what version Mustang you have. It's not too bad as people make it out to be.

2012 Mustang GT Premium
BLACK on BLACK 401A. A6, HIDs, Security, Rear Camera+Reverse Sensing, Remote Start, Comfort.
-Roush Axle-backs
(Planning on CAI/Tune then I'll be good)
GLOBAL MODERATOR
S197 Member

If you are worried about the price of gas,don"t get a Mustang, get a Honda Civic:laughlitt

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Ford Mustang Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a VALID email address for yourself, otherwise you will not receive the necessary confirmation email needed to confirm, validate and activate your new AFM member account.

Failure to provide a VALID email address, will result in the cancellation of your new AFM member account registration.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page