FML: Car Hit AGAIN!!! - Page 2 - Ford Mustang Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools
PONY Member

Sorry to hear that Glock, I hope things will start to look up for you soon. Im sure once you get your baby back, it will.

If its of any consolation the Shelby has been rear ened twice and has some curb rash on the right front and right rear wheels >.>;
It happens with daily use of our cars. At least it can still be fixed not totaled.

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

SHELBY GT 350 Member

Garage
You can't have a nice car while living in an apartment, unless you have your own dedicated garage. This is an undeniable fact of life in the DC-Boston Megatropolis.

"Back in the day" I fixed up my old car only to have it hit and "dinged" and smashed by careless others. I finally gave up and drove it that way, calling it my "Urban Assault Vehicle".

2005 4.0 MT dual exhaust GT mufflers GT suspension and wheels
GT Member

Sucks hard. I would either have a serious word with your landlord or stick notes on all of the other tenants who park there, because I don't understand how you can live with yourself if you damage your neighbour's car, unless you are just oblivious to life.

On a side note, maybe you should not send in your car for repairs the same day you get it damaged. It seems to me that the OCD is causing these attacks... I would have just stopped after the second one...

-2012 Grabber Blue GT 6M Premium w/ Brembos, Glass Roof, HID security pkg, Rear Camera, 401a, FRPP GT500 Axle-backs, Front Pioneer TS-D6802R speakers, JHR bracket, Bondra clutch extension.
-1986 Mazda RX-7 GX - Fast Mirage 16" Wheels, Sumo Firenza 205/60R Tires, slotted brakes + performance pads. Otherwise factory stock.
-2008 Mazda Mazda3 GT Sport - Stock, 5MT.
-2004 Volvo XC90 T5 - Comfort pkg, safety pkg.
-1995 Infiniti G20 - Sold, Pioneer head unit, lighting mods, miss it dearly.

PONY Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Yadkin View Post
You can't have a nice car while living in an apartment, unless you have your own dedicated garage. This is an undeniable fact of life in the DC-Boston Megatropolis.

"Back in the day" I fixed up my old car only to have it hit and "dinged" and smashed by careless others. I finally gave up and drove it that way, calling it my "Urban Assault Vehicle".
hahahaha UAV, love it.

oh, and he speaks truths about apartments.... dont do it...

2013 Canadian Mustang GT "Budget Boss" Deep Impact Blue (Borla Atak Axleback)
1979 International Scout II

"The Time is Now, Adapt and Destroy!"
Apprentice
5.0L Member

Garage
After the 5th time, I would have lost my freakin' mind. Sorry to hear about the damage. I hope you somehow find a way to figure out the culprit, then stick a boot in their ass! (Or call me, I will help....I hate people too :smilie)

2013 GT Premium l Track Pack l Comfort Pack l
Reverse/Security Pack l MT-82 l Black. l GT500 Magnaflow Axle Back l GT500 Rear Valence

Order: 7/6 VIN: 8/20 ETA: 9/25 Dealer: 9/25/12

Winter Car: 2004 Acura TSX (6M, 4300K HID foglights, intake resonator delete)
Wife's Ride: 2008 Ford Edge Limited (Navi, Tow Package)
glock22357

Quote:
Originally Posted by Elite_Deforce View Post
On a side note, maybe you should not send in your car for repairs the same day you get it damaged. It seems to me that the OCD is causing these attacks... I would have just stopped after the second one...
Yes, I'm sure you're right. My OCD is actually causing other people to hit my car.

Yes, that has to be a certain truth. Fuckin' idiot.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Joenpb View Post
You live in a dump, and need to move on. The definition of insanity? Doing the same thing over, & over, & over, & over and expecting different results.

Sorry your car get dinged up again, but the result was predictable, just as it will be the next time something happens. Except perhaps there will be a broken window & stolen GoPro to go along with the damage.
You think I should move on? Well damn, why didn't I think of that? Seriously, moving really is the best idea, isn't it?

Great idea. You wanna pay for the rest of my lease? Yes Joe, there are these things called "leases", and breaking them is expensive, if not at times impossible.
SHELBY GT 350 Member

Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by jdislandlock View Post
hahahaha UAV, love it.

oh, and he speaks truths about apartments.... dont do it...
I considered getting a vanity plate: UAV-1.

I had lots of friends with the same mind-set back then. We got sick of watching our cars get trashed so took an entirely different attitude. We would terrorize people in rotaries, and metro Boston was full of 'em. I was the master of the head fake and wouldn't bother to slow down at all.

My friend "Dan" did the best move though once. He had a '73 Buick with the first generation energy absorbing bumpers, and his rear bumper was heavy chrome and curled around to the sides, making a perfect "can opener". He's passing through a rotary on the artery so had the right-of-way, and some guy in an MG was nosing in. As he passes the guy he did a slight twitch to the right, and tore the MG front bumper right off the front of the car.

Banned

People can be such pigs. I was coming out of my local COSTCO the other day where I always park so far out that it takes a few hours to walk to the entrance :hihi:. No other cars around for several parking rows and some SOB is just pulling in right next to my car with a super jacked up 4 X 4 F350 diesel pickup.

I started running for my car and got there just in time to insert myself between his door and the passenger side of my car. The bottom corner of his door was so far up it would have left a good dent right below my window.

I'm tall and slim and it was a bit of a squeeze for me to get in there without turning sideways. I was so hot I immediately asked him WTF was he doing and why he felt compelled to park so close to my car.

He must of thought I was just some crazy old coot because he said nothing, started his truck and moved to another parking space.
SHELBY GT 350 Member

Garage
Yeah I remember a week after I completed the body work on my old car and got it painted, I parked way out in the middle of a parking lot at a shopping center with no one around me at all. It was late and the stores were about to close. I come out of the store later and start walking to my car. A beat-up pick-up is tooling around the perimeter of the lot and hits a shopping cart. The cart heads downhill towards my my car which is at least 100 feet away. I start running to intercept (I was a sprinter in high school) and the damn cart hits my car in the front fender, bounces off, returns to hit the door, bounces again and them hits the rear fender and scrapes the entire length before continuing on.

I made it to about 20 feet away watching this, and was so mad that I threw my keys up in the air. When they came down they hit the pavement and the ring exploded, and the keys went in six different directions.

PONY Member

Sorry man. No bueno.

I'm knock on wood daily. Live in an apartment that is sorta budget, haven't sprung for the 100 dollars a month for a garage but always try to park in what I call 'luxury spots' aka there's enough room to open my door.
At work, I and one of my co-workers with an SS park next to each other just to protect at least one side of our vehicles so none of the **** wagons whack us.

2013 5.0 - Deep Impact Blue
Brembo, GT500 axle backs, Vogtland springs, GT500 shocks/struts, Laguna SECA transmission scoop, 3.31, Carbotech xp10/8, JLT brake ducts
TWS CCW: 2:03.02
PONY Member

Garage
Yep apartment life sucks. Too many people that don't have a general respect for others' property. Can't imagine 5 times though..

2002 Mustang GT: 5-spd, 96k: CAI, IAC restrictor plate, Mac Prochamber O/R, Borla Stingers
268 rwhp / 312 lb-ft

2015 Chevy Colorado 4cyl, 6-spd manual
1972 Yamaha CT2 175cc
PONY Member

Soooo since your car has been wrecked so many times...Does that mean you'll let it go for 5 dolla?

'14 GT Premium Race Red...6spd manual...3.73's...Steeda A/B's...Steeda CAI...Steeda Gus dialed in tune...Forgestar CF5's + Dark Stars out back...Nitto NT555R's...many more mods on the way...

(Sold) '11 GT Kona Blue...6spd manual...3.31's...Steeda CAI...Steeda Gus tune...Lethal O/R X...Corsa Sport A/B's...Enkei PF01's...etc etc
GT Member
V6 Member
S197 Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Yadkin View Post
Yeah I remember a week after I completed the body work on my old car and got it painted, I parked way out in the middle of a parking lot at a shopping center with no one around me at all. It was late and the stores were about to close. I come out of the store later and start walking to my car. A beat-up pick-up is tooling around the perimeter of the lot and hits a shopping cart. The cart heads downhill towards my my car which is at least 100 feet away. I start running to intercept (I was a sprinter in high school) and the damn cart hits my car in the front fender, bounces off, returns to hit the door, bounces again and them hits the rear fender and scrapes the entire length before continuing on.

I made it to about 20 feet away watching this, and was so mad that I threw my keys up in the air. When they came down they hit the pavement and the ring exploded, and the keys went in six different directions.
my friend with the TL makes fun of me SOOO much for parkingfar away analyzing parking spots and such second day a kid with an audii opened the door right into his mirror. I was rolling.
But I admit if there is a stang or something far out I park next to it one plus is it protects one side of the car and the other it is pretty cool because you can get the ass hats who race through the parking lot

2012 v6 6MT: 32kmiles
Current: Air Raid CAI, Diablosport intune, FRPP sport axle backs, Strut tower brace, 3.7 emblems, eibach adjustable sway bars, J&M lower control arms, 3.55 frpp gears, axle exchange aluminum drive shaft, 19 inch BBP wheel set up
wants:no more issues
2002 mazda miata 5MT "track rat
Future" Custom valved and springs Fat cat motorsports, 9LB wheels, toyo proxxs r888, turbo pushing 250whp, sparco seats, custom roll bar
PONY Member

Sorry bud. I need to find myself a garage. No way I'm parallel parking in Brooklyn. At least you got a free forehead tattoo out of it.
glock22357

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sabin View Post
Sorry bud. I need to find myself a garage. No way I'm parallel parking in Brooklyn. At least you got a free forehead tattoo out of it.
Yeah.....my forehead looks great this morning!!!! Black and blue, nice scab....real professional.

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Ford Mustang Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a VALID email address for yourself, otherwise you will not receive the necessary confirmation email needed to confirm, validate and activate your new AFM member account.

Failure to provide a VALID email address, will result in the cancellation of your new AFM member account registration.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page