FML: Car Hit AGAIN!!! - Page 3 - Ford Mustang Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools
PONY Member

Same here. 2 times within 3 months. My previous car never got hit before. I always park far away and away from everyone. It's getting ridiculous

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

glock22357

Quote:
Originally Posted by wherermykeys View Post

That's a gorgeous Spike's SBR brother. I bet she's a bit on the loud side!!!

Rookie

Garage
Sucks. Five times is a little excessive though; I'd be contacting my landlord, even just to complain.

I just traded in my WRX for a 13 GT, and I hate parking at work now. The Mustang is a good 4-5" wider than my Subaru was, and leaves a lot less "buffer zone" between the lines in parking spots.

Even my WRX picked up 1-2 new big (ie visible dent in the metal) door dings every year, and I'm sure the Mustang will be worse. I just hope I have a little time to enjoy it in its "brand new" state before the inevitable happens.

Most people see/treat their cars as big appliances. The tradeoff of getting to drive the car I've always wanted everyday is that I have to share the roads with all the yahoos that don't give a ****.

SHELBY GT 350 Member

Garage
I always thought Subarus were made out of old beer cans so dented easily. You may not have a problem at all with the Mustang.

2005 4.0 MT dual exhaust GT mufflers GT suspension and wheels
PONY Member

No alarm on the car? If you do I'd change the shock sensor and make it so if a leaf falls on it it goes off

Sent from AutoGuide.com Free App

2007 GT Performance White
Pype Bomb Axleback
JLT Series 3 CAI
Bama 93 Hybrid Tune
Steeda Underdrive Pulleys
glock22357

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brianwu View Post
No alarm on the car? If you do I'd change the shock sensor and make it so if a leaf falls on it it goes off

That wouldn't do anything, except make a nusiance of my car.
PONY Member

The alarm on our cars is not sensitive at all. Try and open the door, no warning. Shake the car, no warning. Shopping cart fly into the side and do $1,000 damage? Alarm doesn't go off.

Atleast if the alarm went off I would have known to check my car at the store.
PONY Member

Seriously how hard is it to pull in and out of a parking spot? People have zero respect for other peoples property and this is why I hate people.

I brought my Stang to work 2 days ago, which I never do but I figured what the hell, its a nice day, what are the odds that something would happen to it?

Apparently the odds were very good. I get off of work and there are 2 beater trucks parked right next to me. One ******* backed in and the other pulled in, so both drivers doors were facing my car. Well the jerk that backed in apparently let his door rest against my door handle , taking a noticeable chunk of paint out of it. My work parking lot is the worst ever! Its fenced in and there are just enough spots for everyone that works there to fit, so I can't even park extremely far away from everyone like I usually do.

I couldn't live in an apartment, I'd be absolutely sick from worrying all the time.

People Suck!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

2013 Sterling Gray Mustang GT- ( Bone Stock)

2009 Silver WRX- ( traded for 13' GT)
Apprentice

Why do people have to be so common?

If I go to the store, I park at the absolute end of the lot. If I park out just far enough that I think no one will park next to me, some asswipe will park his POS Toyota next to me, I think just out of spite. So now I park all the way out.

2012 V6, Kona Blue with appearance package
PONY Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by RandoTheKing View Post
The alarm on our cars is not sensitive at all. Try and open the door, no warning. Shake the car, no warning. Shopping cart fly into the side and do $1,000 damage? Alarm doesn't go off.

Atleast if the alarm went off I would have known to check my car at the store.
I can't say I know out factory alarms. My after market viper is pretty sensitive. Just a knock on the door sets it off

Pype Bomb Axleback
JLT Series 3 CAI
Bama 93 Hybrid Tune
GT Member

My alarm goes off if you shake the car. I have the security pkg though. But i dont see how it would help in this case.

-2012 Grabber Blue GT 6M Premium w/ Brembos, Glass Roof, HID security pkg, Rear Camera, 401a, FRPP GT500 Axle-backs, Front Pioneer TS-D6802R speakers, JHR bracket, Bondra clutch extension.
-1986 Mazda RX-7 GX - Fast Mirage 16" Wheels, Sumo Firenza 205/60R Tires, slotted brakes + performance pads. Otherwise factory stock.
-2008 Mazda Mazda3 GT Sport - Stock, 5MT.
-2004 Volvo XC90 T5 - Comfort pkg, safety pkg.
-1995 Infiniti G20 - Sold, Pioneer head unit, lighting mods, miss it dearly.
PONY Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Elite_Deforce View Post
My alarm goes off if you shake the car. I have the security pkg though. But i dont see how it would help in this case.
If it goes off...just go to the window and see who hit it or is messing with it. Can't get any easier than that

Pype Bomb Axleback
JLT Series 3 CAI
Bama 93 Hybrid Tune
PONY Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brianwu View Post
If it goes off...just go to the window and see who hit it or is messing with it. Can't get any easier than that

Unfortunately when living in an apartment you don't always have a view of your car in the lot. In quite a few apartments you wouldn't even be able to hear your alarm go off, and if you did, you'd have to run out to the lot , and by that time it may be too late.

Also living in an apartment you're bound to have a ton of assholes with fart can exhausts that will set off a sensitive alarm. After a ton of false alarms, it would undoubtedly loose its usefulness.

2013 Sterling Gray Mustang GT- ( Bone Stock)

2009 Silver WRX- ( traded for 13' GT)
Apprentice

Quote:
Originally Posted by glock22357 View Post
That's a gorgeous Spike's SBR brother. I bet she's a bit on the loud side!!!
Thanks man. Yeah it's pretty obnoxious. I always get dirty looks from the oldies at the range Throws a good 2 feet of flame too!

I have to park at the commuter train parking lot and luckily, there's another Mustang who parks right next to me. We're both as far over as possible in the furthest corner of the top level :smilie One day I might leave him my phone number...maybe start a Mustang bromance :nogrinner

2013 Sterling Grey GT - Recaros, Track Pack: AST4150 coilovers | Vorshlag camber plates | Steeda CAI | Roush AB | BBK X-Pipe
MACH I Member

Alarms are more useless than lock nuts, so what, you hear it as its be driven away?

What all you guys without a garage need, is a trunk monkey.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ee3L9BQQ4Gs

http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature...uLPH9An34&NR=1

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Ford Mustang Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a VALID email address for yourself, otherwise you will not receive the necessary confirmation email needed to confirm, validate and activate your new AFM member account.

Failure to provide a VALID email address, will result in the cancellation of your new AFM member account registration.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page