FML: Car Hit AGAIN!!! - Page 5 - Ford Mustang Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools
SHELBY GT 350 Member

Garage
Rex, Rex, Rex, why all the vitriol?

If you've ever known anyone who needed a HC spot, like my late brother-in-law who couldn't go two feet without a scooter, you'd realize that HC parking is the most abused traffic law on the books. Aside from "slower traffic keep right".

2005 4.0 MT dual exhaust GT mufflers GT suspension and wheels
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Apprentice

Quote:
Originally Posted by gt1120 View Post
Take another look at the picture.

Notice their passenger sides are towards each other? It gives them more room from other idiots who could potentially door them if they were centered in the parking spot.
Bingo. This gives him the most clearance and completely protects my car as well. My driver side door is against a wall. Obviously, he's not opening his passenger side door into my car so we're good. Incidentally, we're in a corner and the parking spots to my immediate left perpendicular to me are a brand new STI and a brand new Mazdaspeed 3. They're parked the same way

2013 Sterling Grey GT - Recaros, Track Pack: AST4150 coilovers | Vorshlag camber plates | Steeda CAI | Roush AB | BBK X-Pipe
PONY Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by wherermykeys View Post
Bingo. This gives him the most clearance and completely protects my car as well. My driver side door is against a wall. Obviously, he's not opening his passenger side door into my car so we're good. Incidentally, we're in a corner and the parking spots to my immediate left perpendicular to me are a brand new STI and a brand new Mazdaspeed 3. They're parked the same way
Sounds like you have the most ideal spots... lucky jerk.

glock22357

So.....

I dropped the car off Tuesday morning, right after I found the damage.

I haven't even gotten a phone call with an estimate yet. I called yesterday to see if the car was ready, and the person that answered the phone said I would have to talke to the Body Shop manager, who was personally handling the reapirs on my car.

But, I know Johnny (the Manager) and Liz (usual contact) pretty well, we're on a first name basis at this point. And, *sigh*, as usual, Johnny did not return my call.

So, hopefully I will get the car back on Moday or Tuesday. They were going to wet-sand the two other areas they repaired last year, as I never brought the car back for them to do that. They also had a door dent (right in the body-line crease!!) to fix, a small chip on the lip of the hood, and there was some small part/tool rattling around in the rear bulk-head since the last time they repaired my car.

So I expect that I'll be lucky to see it Tuesday.
MACH I Member

I got a place with a garage before I got a new Mustang :p

Lets just say I took order of it within a month of me moving in... lol

2012 Black 3.7L
=Performance Package

glock22357

Quote:
Originally Posted by 2VipeRS View Post
I got a place with a garage before I got a new Mustang :p

Lets just say I took order of it within a month of me moving in... lol
I've owned 2 homes in my life....so I understand.

However, I would like to invite you to my area to live. Find and afford a nice little home with a garage.

Homeownership here is not like it is in Bismark.
Banned

I was lucky to make it out of the Houston apartment I was in without being hit on any occassion. 1 year and I was out!
glock22357

Well, I've had the car back for a few days now, and the repair they did on the door ding is just incredible, like it never happened.

I am looking forward to some nice, warm & dry weather, to wash, polish and wax her to a gleaming shine of awesomeness.

Now, when I look for a place to park in my lot, the places at the end of the rows are automatically not considered. I look for a spot where no one can back into me, but I'm still relatively protected from door dings.

I love driving this car after driving my family member's Accord, what a huge difference!!!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Ford Mustang Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a VALID email address for yourself, otherwise you will not receive the necessary confirmation email needed to confirm, validate and activate your new AFM member account.

Failure to provide a VALID email address, will result in the cancellation of your new AFM member account registration.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page