Martini Stripes on a White 2013 Mustang - Page 2 - Ford Mustang Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by fredsstang View Post
I am looking at adding some unique stripes to my white Mustang. Any thoughts on these? It's kind of a stolen idea, but man I think it could be hot!

Thanks!
I'm a huge fan of white with red stripes and I think the retro look of these would be a great and very unique combination for this body style. It may not be for everyone, but if you like why not. Photoshop it out and see what you think. Maybe substitute black, charcoal grey or even silver where there is blue in pic. if you are hesitant with that complete color set up.

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

PONY Member
5.0L Member
S197 Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dave View Post
That's sure kind of different, might like it after awhile. Where did you get the picture of that car, that's sure different also.
Dave
That's the Pure Vision Mustang. It was designed to be a sort of 'what if' Ford made a Martini-sponsored road race Mustang in the '60s. The awesome part is the real 4-cam Ford Indy engine. Ironically, I was talking to Steve today, and mentioned the only thing wrong with that car- it's not in my garage!

OP, in my opinion, those stripes could look really good on your car. You'd want to think about getting vintage-style wheels, too, to complete the look. Sometimes I wish I'd gotten the Performance White Mustang the dealer had, instead of my Ingot Silver. White, being neutral, offers lots of opportunities for changes, stripes, etc.

GT Member

IF you like it, go for it, it's your car. Personally, I wouldn't, but then, its not my car your putting them on.

2013 GT 6 spd, GT500 mufflers, BOSS quad exhaust, Roush CAI, Barton shifter & 2 post bracket
CS GT-40 Wheels, Hotchkis sway bars, upper and lower control arms, springs (1.1/1.6 drop) and adj panhard bar KONI yellow struts and shocks J&M caster/camber plates,
BMR Upper control arm mount and lower control arm brackets.

PONY Member

I think if you took there desigh as a starting point, but then made the light blue part of the stripes a little wider, might look better on your year mustang

2011 VMPcharged GT Auto, RGR/JPC Motor, Borla Touring, Alum Driveshaft, tuned by VMP [email protected]

Fired up the willing engine, responding with a roar.Tires spitting gravel, I commit my weekly crime.Wind in my hair Shifting and drifting Mechanical music Adrenaline surge - Rush -
MACH I Member

Personally the only stripe I like well enough to consider on my own PW car, is the black/blue offset one on the PW twin turbo CobraJet.

Sent from my SCH-I500 using AutoGuide.Com Free App

| 2012 | Base | Performance White | 3.7 | MT82 | 2.73 | FRPP Sport Axlebacks | BMR lcas on the way
Apprentice

Quote:
Originally Posted by billabongrob View Post
I approve of this. Please do it.

Edit: I also usually hate stripes...
+1 ...except I guess I like some stripes...

2013 Mustang 227 | MT82 | MCA | Performance Pack

Previously...
First Car: 1979 Mustang 2.3L Turbo MT, Indianapolis Pace Car
First New Car: 1997 Mustang GT 4.6L MT
replica

Do it. Do it now.
SHELBY GT 350 Member

Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by fredsstang View Post
I am looking at adding some unique stripes to my white Mustang. Any thoughts on these? It's kind of a stolen idea, but man I think it could be hot!

Thanks!
First you have to find an old Indy car engine to go in it:

Martini Mustang is a 'what if moment' gone right - Autoblog

2005 4.0 MT dual exhaust GT mufflers GT suspension and wheels
PONY Member

Paint that splitter white and continue the stripes all the way down and I think you got a winner

2011 GTCS
Officially too many mods to list...
PONY Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Charlie2011GT View Post
Paint that splitter white and continue the stripes all the way down and I think you got a winner
This, I have no idea why anyone wouldn't take a stripe all the way down their bumper. All or nothing.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Ford Mustang Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a VALID email address for yourself, otherwise you will not receive the necessary confirmation email needed to confirm, validate and activate your new AFM member account.

Failure to provide a VALID email address, will result in the cancellation of your new AFM member account registration.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page