2013 Shelby 1000 revealed with 1,200 horsepower! - Page 2 - Ford Mustang Forum
Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools
notaV8

Quote:
Originally Posted by NoVA_Mike View Post
That's the price for them to turn the GT500 you already purchased into a Shelby 1000.
LOL screw that

i can buy 2 supercars at least with 155k

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

PONY Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by notaV8 View Post
There's tons of supras running around with 1000+ horses and they hook fine, sure they have really sticky tires but it's not a waste.

btw, whys everyone keep saying 200k? i read 155k, or are we just rounding it up
I don't understand how this car doesn't come with a tire from the factory lol. I feel like 1000 hp on street tires is just irresponsible.

2011 Mustang GT - 6 Speed, White, Brembo package
Vortech v3si, homemade intake, Koni yellows, GT500 strut mounts and mufflers, BBK LCAs, Barton 2 post, MT Street Comp tires 255F 285R
567hp/460ft*lb wheel [email protected] / 1.883 60' ([email protected])
1973 Mustang Mach 1- Fuel injected 351c, toploader 4 speed, 9" trac-lok, Hotrod Flatz OD green
PONY Member
S197 Member

there's no point in a Shleby with 1200 HP imo. The stock shelby already can't make the best of the 660 it's got, the chassis and the rest of the car are great for a Coyote or RoadRunner but they ain't right for that level of power. I bet you a 450HP GT3 would mop the floor with the 1200HP shelby on a track.

2011 GT Kona Blue - Saddle 400a, 6MT, 3.55, Electronic, Brembo, Glass Roof, HID, Security, Comfort, RearVC, GT500 Mufflers, Procal tuner, Vorshlag brake lines, Boss/CS Fascia, Brake cooling ducts

PONY Member

150k?? For the upgrade? How on earth could they possibly do enough to justify that figure? Even if you spent 100k on the engine alone all that's left is basically a brake kit and the suspension...

No thanks!

Sent from AutoGuide.com App

2012 GT Premium - 401A - 6MT - 3.73s - Steeda CAI and Tune - Steeda Q-Series Hood - Forgestar CF5s - SVT Brembo Brakes - BOSS Brake Ducts - MGW Shifter - GT500 Axlebacks - BOSS Side Exit Exhuast - Eibach Prokit Springs - Adjustable Panhard Bar - BOSS Strut Tower Brace
SHELBY GT 500 Member
5.0L Member

Garage
It's cool for bragging rights, but not much use if it can't be corralled (pun absolutely intended).

I wouldn't mind having an entry level GT500 myself, 05-08 to be exact. Besides, I'm sure you could get 1000+ RWHP plus all the necessary brake/suspension work for far less than 155k if you were inclined to do so.

“The two most important days in your life are the day you are born and the day you find out why." - Mark Twain
Apprentice

What would it cost to build a fairly reliable 1000HP Mustang? Maybe $25K after the purchase of the base car?
BOSS Member
S197 Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by 5POINTO View Post
Well if you recall Shelby showed one (not even on slicks) last year doing a wheelie.
Maybe on drag radials . On passenger car tires, that I would like to see.

Oh and by the way. I looked at the photos they released last year. They looked fast and furious fake as soon as I glanced at them.Anyone who knows anything can see that lol.And I see that Shelby has admitted to that .

2011 GT. Grabber Blue. Procharged. 3:73 manual.Billit LCA's. Corsa Extremes. GT 500 wheels. Racemaster DR's. T-56 Tremec. Dynotech DS . Centerforce DF. American Racing headers/high flow cats 560 rwhp.Donny Walsh tuned

2012 Pony Package. Race Red.3:31 automatic.BBK longtubes and catted X.FRPP Sport axlebacks. BBK throttle body. Dynotech DS. Brembo wheels and tires. Strut tower brace. Airraid CAI. Bama tuned.
Apprentice

You guys are missing the point. These cars are being sold to Shelby die hards that have a ton of money. I saw 3 of them last weekend, 2 were customer cars and the third was Shelby's. One owner I had previously met last year and he and his wife were very cool, very normal folks with apparently an abnormal amount of money and a passion for Shelby's. The other owner I did not speak to. A third that I did speak to has one but did not have it at the Shelby Bash there in Vegas. I did hear they sold all fifty last year.

The cars are NOT made to be on the track, as the brakes get toasted in a hurry and you just can't put all that power down under 150 MPH. They are statement cars and on the open roads of the desert southwest would be unreal. When one rolled into the parking garage there was absolutely no mistaking what car it was, well before you saw it.

2012 Race Red Boss 302 #3041
2012 Race Red Boss 302 #733 TOTALED at Spring Mtn
1999 7.3 Crew Cab 4x4 6-Speed
1964 Falcon Convert. 289 4-Speed
PONY Member

Over 200K for a Mustang?

'13 5.0 PW Premium / E-Force Supercharger w/ Brenspeed tune / FRPP Recaro's / GT500 quad exhaust / DSS Aluminum / Stop Tech 6P 15" / 13" rears / LP over axels / MGW / Moroso separator / 3:73's / Forgestar F14's 20x9/20x11 w/ Nitto Invo's 275/35's & 315/35's / Steeda Sport springs / Koni STR.T's / Steeda PHB / GT500 Spoiler / Roush upper and lower grills / Stillen front splitter / Boss steering wheel / Alcantara shift and brake boots / 10" matte black racing stripes / Rocker stripes
Apprentice

BTW- one of them was on the dyno and hit over 960 RWHP when the dyno shut down at 200mph.

BOSS Member
S197 Member

The bottom line is for those with lots of money. And I mean wealthy, Ford and Shelby know that this will be a toy,that some of them might want to add, to their stable. Even though they might not necessarily drive it much.
Hell, if I were Jay Leno healed, I'd want one.

2011 GT. Grabber Blue. Procharged. 3:73 manual.Billit LCA's. Corsa Extremes. GT 500 wheels. Racemaster DR's. T-56 Tremec. Dynotech DS . Centerforce DF. American Racing headers/high flow cats 560 rwhp.Donny Walsh tuned

2012 Pony Package. Race Red.3:31 automatic.BBK longtubes and catted X.FRPP Sport axlebacks. BBK throttle body. Dynotech DS. Brembo wheels and tires. Strut tower brace. Airraid CAI. Bama tuned.
Apprentice

Very true. Of the three guys who were at the Bash that have a 1000, one has an underground garage for 40 cars (rumor was 38 Shelbys) and another just sold an oil field services company.

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Closed Thread

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Ford Mustang Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a VALID email address for yourself, otherwise you will not receive the necessary confirmation email needed to confirm, validate and activate your new AFM member account.

Failure to provide a VALID email address, will result in the cancellation of your new AFM member account registration.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page