Ford Mustang Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.

Where can I go to get my door ding fixed?

3K views 23 replies 10 participants last post by  2013MustangGT 
#1 ·
I have a door ding and want it fixed. What's a good place to do this I can't seem to find anything.

#2 ·
Find a dentless repair center. They can pop a dent out and you can't even tell where it was. I've seen some nasty looking dents removed. Good luck, and too bad about the dent.

#4 ·
Ive got one on the crease. How would they handle that?

#7 ·
They would fill the dent in with body filler, sand and paint. That's at least a 500 dollar fix. You should have went thru your insurance. I had a dent removed with PDR. The guy did a great job. It was on my rear quarter panel, and he had to get to it thru my tail lights. I had to get it painted too because there was paint missing. Total cost was around $700.

Sent from AutoGuide.com Free App

#6 ·
^^^+1. I had one in the crease of my 07 and the only way was bodywork and paint. It's doable but the paint will crack.

#8 ·
i still can go through my insurance I just don't know if i want to.

Insurance claim for a door ding? I've already claimed once for a legit hit and run. (i was so pissed. had to fix the bumper and replace the fender)

that was such a bad experience, I am thinking over if a door ding is worth going through it again.

Insurance was fine, but it still meant two separate days leaving work early, a week and a half in a terrible loaner car, and paying out of pocket for the rental (insurance covers the cost, but thats still $ a day for insurance.)

I want to get the ding fixed bu I have to figure out if its going to be a hassle worth dealing with.

#9 ·
Not true at all about dents on a crease, my dad has been doing pdr since 1996 i also have had a few years, its doable you need to heat the paint for it mot to crack, these dents are more difficult. You need to find a pdr person who isnt lazy lol

#10 ·
I just had a ding on the door crease popped out at a PDR place. Can't tell it was there..no paint crack. Dent Devil was the place. Cost $229. Was right on bodyline/crease of passenger door below the mirror. It was about 2" around and about 1/2" to 3/4" deep.

#13 ·
They showed me how the body line on the Mustang door is actually multiple creases. It bends and then there is about 1/8" flat spot..and then bends again. The width of the flat spot varies along the length of the door somewhat.
It was not an easy dent to pop out I'm sure. That's why it was $229. If I run my finger over it I can just BARELY feel something there where the dent was. Definitely no paint crack. It was worth the $229.

#11 ·
Just look up "paintless dent removal" in your local phone book or web.

I had it done on the last car I had, which was black so, it showed up like a searchlight was on it. Perfect afterwards. About $100 but, it was an easy one, in the middle of a flat panel.

#14 ·
i had around 5 of dents taken out of my old GTO with pdr. one was on a body line. no problems. the car looked as good as new. i love pdr. those guys work magic and can save you thousands of dollars.
Sent from my SCH-S720C using AutoGuide.Com Free App

#18 ·
Just take a picture of the dent with a few different angles and find the closest PDR place around you. Email them the pic and see if they can do the repair. Don't under estimate PDR. A good PDR guy can work wonders. Some PDR guys will act like a certain dent is impossible while another PDR guy will fix it with no sweat so you can check with more than one place to be sure if one turns the job down. Some only want easy dents.
On my 05 GTO I paid $60 to remove a nickel size door ding center panel.
I paid $150 to remove a vertical door dent that included a body line a pretty bad dent too. It happened when a tent pole flew across the yard into the side of the car during a hurricane. One of those big party tent poles.
I paid about $180 to remove 3 hood dents and one ding on the lower quarter panel before the rear tire.
I waited while all these repairs were made. Probably a little over an hour at the longest.

#17 ·
Go PDR. Should be less than $250. As long as the paint isn't cracked you will not know the dent was ever there. In and out in a day.

#23 ·
Went to a 2 other body shops and the estimate for non pdr is $376.69 which is much better then the original $553.87. The other Bodyshop I went to said they might be able to do PDR for $200 but that I will have to confirm it tommorow because the guy doing it wasn't there. So hopefully I can get the PDR done, if not I will do a Non PDR.

#24 ·
So a guy attempted PDR on my door today and actually made the dent a lot less noticeable. If I didn't point it out to someone, they wouldn't even notice it. He didn't charge me for it since everyone is saying they will do non PDR on it...Should I pay $376 for a non pdr or should I just let it be? Also do they match the Deep impact blue paint?

Status
Not open for further replies.
You have insufficient privileges to reply here.