help pick hood L)))))) - Page 2 - Ford Mustang Forum
Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools
GMP
Apprentice

I like the cowl hood. I have the Cervini Cobra R hood. With the stock leather seats and can see fine over the hood.

Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_8171 - Copy.jpg
Views:	668
Size:	504.3 KB
ID:	203761  

Race Red 2014 GT500 Performance Pack & Track Pack
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #17 of 22 (permalink) Old 03-25-2013 Thread Starter
PONY Member
V6 Member
5.0L Member
S197 Member

Cobra R or 4in lol which has the boner factor lmao

Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	image-1233871118.jpg
Views:	193
Size:	454.4 KB
ID:	203777   Click image for larger version

Name:	image-2873337471.jpg
Views:	2069
Size:	474.6 KB
ID:	203785   Click image for larger version

Name:	image-1303398722.jpg
Views:	163
Size:	265.7 KB
ID:	203793  

Current
12 5.0 white A6 stormtrooper 18x9 18x10 amrs borla s types tru fiber 3in cowl , gt500 spoiler, mmd louvers now to performance and suspension
11 5.0 black on black 6mt comfort package , bama tune, airraid cai, elenor scoops, side scoops, gt500 wing, speeddawgs shift knob gb. Vortech blow - sold
2005 V6 grabber blue , elenor hood wing scoops , foose rims 18x9 18x10 , Bama tuned, dual exhaust. Sold
PONY Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by jasontrucks76 View Post
#3 all the way.!!!!!

Be prepared to spend some money getting it ready for paint tho.
I just did a concept hood and it was a tough hood to fit and finish.

Sent from AutoGuide.com Free App
Hey can you tell me a bit more? I'm considering the concept hood, wondering what you learned. Not to hijack the thread... Maybe pm me? Would appreciate it...

Sent from AutoGuide.com App

2012 GT Premium - 401A - 6MT - 3.73s - Steeda CAI and Tune - Steeda Q-Series Hood - Forgestar CF5s - SVT Brembo Brakes - BOSS Brake Ducts - MGW Shifter - GT500 Axlebacks - BOSS Side Exit Exhuast - Eibach Prokit Springs - Adjustable Panhard Bar - BOSS Strut Tower Brace

Apprentice

Quote:
Originally Posted by GMP View Post
I like the cowl hood. I have the Cervini Cobra R hood. With the stock leather seats and can see fine over the hood.
Oh wow, this hood looks great on your car? Can you please share some additional pics ? Side view? In car? I'm really liking this hood and the Vis stalker!
Apprentice

Quote:
Originally Posted by DW Burnett View Post
Hey can you tell me a bit more? I'm considering the concept hood, wondering what you learned. Not to hijack the thread... Maybe pm me? Would appreciate it...

Sent from AutoGuide.com App
I'm sure were not jacking the thread... It's defiantly connected.
I bought the concept hood from Cervini as all the research I did indicated that they had by far the best product needing the least amount of prep work.
Well, I was pretty disappointed when the hood showed up! It had several wavy edges and a dip in the middle of the hood that would have stood out like a sore thumb if we would have just painted it.
It took my body guy 6 hours to get everything smoothed out to start painting.
I called Cervini and they pretty much told me I was SOL. That what I got was as good as I was going to get... It's still a little puzzling to me how mine could have been so bad and others are so perfect???
It looks fantastic on the car and I'm happy with the looks now. I was just not expecting to have to spend another 5 or 6 hundred to get the darn thing ready to paint.

I would be very curious how yours is when you get it and how the OP's hood is when he gets it.

Sent from AutoGuide.com Free App

...."Those who make Peaceful Revolution Impossible...Will make Violent Revolution Inevitable" -JFK
post #21 of 22 (permalink) Old 03-26-2013 Thread Starter
PONY Member
V6 Member
5.0L Member
S197 Member

Ya I ordered a 4in cowl should be 2-3 weeks

Current
12 5.0 white A6 stormtrooper 18x9 18x10 amrs borla s types tru fiber 3in cowl , gt500 spoiler, mmd louvers now to performance and suspension
11 5.0 black on black 6mt comfort package , bama tune, airraid cai, elenor scoops, side scoops, gt500 wing, speeddawgs shift knob gb. Vortech blow - sold
2005 V6 grabber blue , elenor hood wing scoops , foose rims 18x9 18x10 , Bama tuned, dual exhaust. Sold
Apprentice

Quote:
Originally Posted by moto111 View Post
Ya I ordered a 4in cowl should be 2-3 weeks

15 characters

2013 GHIG GT Premium - Track Pack and Recaro's plus more
1987 Mustang LX "Ironhead" - Everything you can think of
1999 Mustang DOHC swap carbe'd and fully built
1992 Bronco, lifted 33's built 351
Plus a few other cars and bikes in the fleet.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Closed Thread

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Ford Mustang Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a VALID email address for yourself, otherwise you will not receive the necessary confirmation email needed to confirm, validate and activate your new AFM member account.

Failure to provide a VALID email address, will result in the cancellation of your new AFM member account registration.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page