50 year logo announced - Page 2 - Ford Mustang Forum
Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools
PONY Member
5.0L Member
S197 Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by buildingsleeper View Post
I would love to see the red white and blue bars of the original in a circle with the horse in the middle along with the 5 next to it making the 50 with the years under it. give it a classy but yet modern mix.call me crazy but why not go back to the roots but with a modern twist.
Not to knock you. But the problem with that is that when the logo is scaled down to under 2 inches across you end up with an itty bitty smudge inside a zero. An effective logo should have the ability to be easily recognizable down to an inch across. This will probably end up on shirt chest pockets, lapel pins, even cuff links. For a good logo you have to start small, that way they'll be good at any size.

NoVA just means Northern Virginia
VMP Tuned Roush • 79mm Pulley • ID1000 injectors & JLT Intake • GT500 Axlebacks • UMI Panhard Bar, LCAs, & UCAs
Steeda Ultralite Springs • Koni STR.Ts • 19x11 Gloss Gunmetal Forgestar CF10s • 2012 GT Premium 401A Black&Brick
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

notaV8

Quote:
Originally Posted by 46Tbird View Post
Weaksauce.

weksauce indeed

ew 15 char min.

GT Member
V6 Member
S197 Member

If they keep it rectangular it will remotely remind us all of the "Powered by Ford" badges from Shelby.

2011 Shelby Convertible w/SVT Performance & Electronics Packages
2011 Shelby GTS V6 Convertible, AT, CAI, Aluminum DS, 3.73, Tune

Banned

well how about a rendition of the very first mustang that hit the streets back in 1965 to the 2014 version and between them the 50 years. underneath the powered by ford and the cobra logo .
Seadog

If you look, the hoofs are centered between the 5 and the 0. The tail makes it seem a little off. I am sure that other logos will appear, and I doubt this will be an emblem. More likely, it will appear on documents during that production year, and on some products. It will also be used for posters and banners. The big advantage is clarity at any size.
PONY Member
5.0L Member
S197 Member

Just found out why the logo seemed not quite professional to me. It was selected by Ford execs in an internal "front office" contest. One of the people at the Ford corporate HQ devised it and did a rough, it was then selected and "refined". I feel better now.

NoVA just means Northern Virginia
VMP Tuned Roush • 79mm Pulley • ID1000 injectors & JLT Intake • GT500 Axlebacks • UMI Panhard Bar, LCAs, & UCAs
Steeda Ultralite Springs • Koni STR.Ts • 19x11 Gloss Gunmetal Forgestar CF10s • 2012 GT Premium 401A Black&Brick
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Closed Thread

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Ford Mustang Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a VALID email address for yourself, otherwise you will not receive the necessary confirmation email needed to confirm, validate and activate your new AFM member account.

Failure to provide a VALID email address, will result in the cancellation of your new AFM member account registration.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page