Ford Mustang Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.

2013 Race Red V6 17" wheel options

2K views 19 replies 9 participants last post by  will_reed 
#1 ·
Ok, I want to upgrade the wheels on my Mustang but I would like to stay at 17" so I can keep my stock BFGs for awhile.

I've been considering the following options, but can't make my mind up. I would like something OEM or OEM appearing, I know I don't want black but could go for machined or chrome. Any thoughts?

Sport Tuning Wheels Available at Tire Rack - The T6

Chrome Bullitt Wheel 05-14 Mustang (17x8) at AmericanMuscle.com - Free Shipping!

Silver Bullitt Wheel 05-14 Mustang (17x8) at AmericanMuscle 28242 - Free Shipping!

Black Machined FR500 Mustang Wheel 17x9 (05-14 GT, V6) V1149-796530BMF - Free Shipping!

Chrome 10th Anniversary Cobra Style Mustang Wheel - 17x9 (05-14 GT, V6) - Free Shipping!

I like the FR500s but wish chrome was available in 17". I think the chrome Bullitts would be a nice, classic look but might look like everyone else's red Mustang???

See less See more
#2 ·
The 9" wheels are going to be too large for the stock 225 BFG's. The stock wheels are 17x7, even the 8" wheels will be a little large for those tires.

#3 ·
The 9" wheels are going to be too large for the stock 225 BFG's. The stock wheels are 17x7, even the 8" wheels will be a little large for those tires.

The eight inch wheels will be just fine with the original tires. I have the bullitts and they look and fit great. The nine inch wheels will work but they are not recommended with the small size of the original tire. But I was assured by more than one company that they could have done the nine inch wheel without a problem.

If you like the bullitts, consider the charcoal grey with the chrome lip instead of the silver. The chrome looks good, but IMO on race red it is a much. The T6 looks good also, I like the classic look of bullitts, but the T6 would be my pick on the 2013 mustang

#5 ·
OP,

It's important that you stick with a 17x8 or skinnier rim, if you want to continue using the factory tires. Anything wider than 8" will be too much stretch, unfortunately.

Out of those options, it's really just preference. Personally, I think the silver 17x8 Bullitt wheels have a great factory styled look to them. Plus, they're much easier to take care of for a daily driven car.

Hope this helps your decision. Let me know if you have any other questions!

Shane

#10 ·
I'll look around and see if I can find some more pics of the silver on race red. I kinda like that T6 because it looks similar to the FR500 wheels, but I agree that the Bullitts have a great factory look.

I understand that there is a discount for forum members, how do I get details on that? Thanks!

Sent from AutoGuide.com Free App

#11 ·
I would hold off a while, enjoy the car the way it is, and keep a eye on the classifieds or even criaglist

You may be able to find a wicked deal on some factory 18 or 19 inch wheel/tires maybe a set of brembo take offs or who knows a set of aftermarket 18 or 19 inch wheels, cheeper than staying with 17's

I see in chattanuga craiglist there are some factory 19's for 300 bucks
2010 MUSTANG GT WHEELS
who knows maybe he would take 2-250 for them

I know thats not what your looking for, but if your not in a rush, and you keep your eyes open to might find something awesome at a great price

#14 ·
I picked up a set of Ford 17 x 8 silver bullitt wheels for $104 each from Mustangs Unlimited and swapped the factory tires and sensors, new valve stems. Figured I can go to a wider tire once these are worn.

These are getting a little harder to find since they were 2005-09 but the New Take Off sites should also have them.

Other advantage is these are made in the USA and meet Ford specs for curb, load etc.. that some of the China made wheels may not....

Status
Not open for further replies.
You have insufficient privileges to reply here.