Ford Mustang Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.

Where to add seafoam on 5.0 coyote motor!?!?

18K views 22 replies 14 participants last post by  Ironhead5.0 
#1 ·
Hey guys I want to seafoam my car a little, 2011 gt with 29k. Where do I put the seafoam in at? Brake booster, PVC hose? And pictures where to pour I've done this before on other cars just not my 5.0 and don't want to run it in the wrong hose. Anyone show me where to pour it? Thanks guys!

#3 ·
Why? there's no way enough buildup to hurt performance in 29K and you risk doing damage to spark plugs and other parts with Seafoam. Don't get me wrong, if we had DI on this engine I'd do it with a plug change but with PI it just isn't necessary.

#4 ·
just pplop it on the hood and let it do its job.... :winks

why the hell are you using sea foam on a car that is less then 2-3 years old.

#6 ·
Way too soon IMO, and you should plan on changing the plugs and oil afterward too.

#8 ·
ok guys, I was really skeptical about seafoaming it also, I usually never touch a car with the foam until it reaches atleast 75k. Well tonight i ran it through the vaccum connected to the intake. Poured half a can in, let it sit for 15 mins. Sputtered then fired up, WOW I was not expecting no smoke with only 29k miles, it poured out of her like there was no tomorrow!!! Smelled terrible, I drove around burned it out and did some nice throttle punches. After burning it off, I drove the car some more and I can honestly say I have never felt the car run that smooth and pull that hard ever!!! It just slammed be into my seat with authority and broke the 20/40/275 tires like they were going out of style. Now let me say I am skeptical when it comes to fuel additives and snake oils, but I can attest I have a really good butt dyno, ok no dirty jokes now lol!! I won't make this a regular thing but maybe once a year. I figured I'd try it since it's been good in my other cars, I leave my car sitting a good amount of time, and our gas is riddled with Ethanol here. I use 93 Octane with Brenspeed tune, but I can never get less than 10% ethanol and was wondering with the tune being on constantly with extra fuel added was worried about unburned fuel caking on the pistons, so that's why I figured I'd give it a shot. Oh yea and my infamous ticking that I have had from day one, is GONE!!!!! YAY!! Hopefully it won't return!! Just thought i'd give my thoughts impressions!! I would do it again without hesitation!! :bigthumbsup

#10 ·
ok guys, I was really skeptical about seafoaming it also, I usually never touch a car with the foam until it reaches atleast 75k. Well tonight i ran it through the vaccum connected to the intake. Poured half a can in, let it sit for 15 mins. Sputtered then fired up, WOW I was not expecting no smoke with only 29k miles, it poured out of her like there was no tomorrow!!! Smelled terrible, I drove around burned it out and did some nice throttle punches. After burning it off, I drove the car some more and I can honestly say I have never felt the car run that smooth and pull that hard ever!!! It just slammed be into my seat with authority and broke the 20/40/275 tires like they were going out of style. Now let me say I am skeptical when it comes to fuel additives and snake oils, but I can attest I have a really good butt dyno, ok no dirty jokes now lol!! I won't make this a regular thing but maybe once a year. I figured I'd try it since it's been good in my other cars, I leave my car sitting a good amount of time, and our gas is riddled with Ethanol here. I use 93 Octane with Brenspeed tune, but I can never get less than 10% ethanol and was wondering with the tune being on constantly with extra fuel added was worried about unburned fuel caking on the pistons, so that's why I figured I'd give it a shot. Oh yea and my infamous ticking that I have had from day one, is GONE!!!!! YAY!! Hopefully it won't return!! Just thought i'd give my thoughts impressions!! I would do it again without hesitation!! :bigthumbsup
Thanks for the update. Can you post a pic of the hose you used?

#13 ·
The smoke is from burning a can of seafoam through the intake........ I highly doubt it was from large amounts of carbon. Try another can and I guarantee it smokes too.

Why would you say his oil/filter and plugs are going to need changing now? I've used this on all my cars besides this one so far b/c I have 19k miles right now but I've never had an issue. Sold my old GTO w/ 98k miles and had seafoamed twice and never changed the plugs and only oil/filter at 6k miles or so...Just curious your logic on this? Not saying you are right or wrong but provide your reasoning
Because it can foul plugs and inevitably washes past the rings ending up in your oil. Most of that is passing through unburnt, so a fair amount will make it into the engine oil or end up on the plugs. The plugs are more suspect on an engine that actually had a lot of carbon broken loose.

#17 ·
Seafoam works for what it is made for. It's an excellent cleaner with lubricating properties. It is THE cleaner of injector cleaning services. Call and ask.

The paranoia of hydrolocking is overstated and unwarranted if common sense is used...especially when it is mostly distributed amongst 8 cyls. My practice (don't do this because I knew my engine....WIDE open low compression chambers) was to stall the engine by slowly pouring Seafoam in a single plane intake. I then let it sit 10 mins as instructed. Start it up after that and rev it a little then at the end when most of the smoke is gone...rev it to 3-4k rpms to get any puddle remnants out. I've done this several times.

Each vehicle is different to some extent so very slowly pour some in and follow directions.

#20 ·
Sheeeww never knew I would take so much heat from using sea foam. For hose of you guys asking for a picture of which tube ff the intake I used, I will upload a pic for you guys this evening. 1st about hydro locking the cylinder. I poured it slowly and the car never even idled different or acted like she was going to stall. Idle stayed the same while pouring. 2nd I know you guys must think I am crazy, but I did feel a major difference and still do today after driving it more. I always heard that if you run it in the vacuum line there is no need to change the oil!?! Not sure if that's right but oil still looks clean as a whistle. I heard you only change it when you use it in the crank case. Car is still idling wonderfully, tick is still gone. I'll post pics up tonight, like I say this is not regular thing I will do but once a year it's worth it!

#22 ·
Yeah man, if you put in oil you "can" change it but the bottle of seafoam actually says you don't have to. That is when putting it in crankcase. When putting in the intake I've never heard of changing your oil. Thanks in advance for posting the pic. I'm gonna be doing this around 25k-30k miles too. Already had been planning on it so I'm glad this thread came up

#23 ·
You absolutely need to change your oil. I'm not saying seafoam is not a good product, I use it myself, but never on anything with less than 75k miles and usually not till after 100.

Perception is reality, I know guys who swear they feel a major horsepower difference from a K&N filter, and I'm sure in their mind they do feel it, because they are expecting to. In reality, no way.

Status
Not open for further replies.
You have insufficient privileges to reply here.