Ford Mustang Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.

Time to let the Stang go.

2K views 20 replies 15 participants last post by  Charlie2011GT 
#1 ·
Hello everyone. I am entering a new season of my life, as I recently got engaged. :bounce2: It is truly a blessing.

After much deliberation, I have decided to sell my beauty (see classifieds) to free up money for our future. The beautiful thing is that I wasn't pressured in my decision to sell the stang; it had to come from me. My fiance sacrificed a lot to move to the U.S. (this doesn't compare). For me, there are more important things in life, and the time has come to let go of the car.

Perhaps later down the road I'll get another Mustang. :gringreen

This forum has been great and I have learned a lot from you guys!

#2 ·
Seasons come and go, my friend. Best of luck in your new adventure! Choosing family over self never results in suffering.

#5 ·
Seasons come and go, my friend. Best of luck in your new adventure! Choosing family over self never results in suffering.
Very well said. I will probably have to do the same in a year or two when we get a house. Family comes first and gives back far more than you put into it. As has been said, many more opportunities will come later in life. Congrats on the engagement!

#3 ·
Dibs on your axle backs. :shigrin

While you're no doubt having mixed emotions to some degree about this decision, it's clear you've no doubt you're doing the right thing at this point in your life. And that's really all that matters. I was 59 before I got my first Mustang so, yes, there'll be time for another. Until that day rolls around ... have a great life!

#4 ·
Never understood why in many cases getting engaged has to result of letting you go your dream car...
Anyway, best of luck with your life dude, stop by again and I hope you'll be able to get another one later. :bigthumbsup

#6 ·
Never understood why in many cases getting engaged has to result of letting you go your dream car...
Yeah, seriously. A year after I bought my mustang, I got engaged (heck the, then-gf, encouraged the mustang purchase). 7 months after that, we bought our first house. The thought of selling the car never entered into my mind. I hope the OP isn't of the mindset that moving to another stage in life automatically requires him to drive a certain, "more mature", type of car or give up all his pleasures in life to have a happy family. Too many guys out there like this. And the hit he's going to take getting rid of a 2013 MY car...that doesn't sound very financially saavy.

Best of luck OP, as he figures out his path in life and hopefully he doesn't regret decisions made along the way.

#7 ·
I sincerly wish the OP well. For a "true" motorhead, there is no letting go. Ive been married, and engaged throughout my 61 years. But Ive always had performance and hobby cars, and always will. I did one time get rid of all of them for a short period, only to quickly realize that my enthusiasm for cars is as much a part of me as anything else, in my life. To each their own I guess. And I certainly understand personal priorities and monitary considerations.
Who knows. Once you and your beautiful bride get settled,and established, no telling what the the future holds for the space in your garage.
I wish you both much happiness and prosperity.You know where we are. :bigthumbsup

#8 ·
Best wishes to you! I just got married this past weekend myself, but I was lucky enough to be able to have both my bride and my Mustang. Next stop Hawaii where we decided to rent a Jeep. I've never driven a Jeep Wrangler. Looking forward to it!

#10 ·
Best wishes to you! I just got married this past weekend myself, but I was lucky enough to be able to have both my bride and my Mustang. Next stop Hawaii where we decided to rent a Jeep. I've never driven a Jeep Wrangler. Looking forward to it!
^ Best wish bro
I'm engaged and about to get married in 10 days! She's been with me through my current stang and previous... :bigthumbsup I asked her the other day(just randomly)if I sould trade my GT in for a more fuel efficient vehicle and she said, "You love the car to much, so no". lol What a woman!

#11 ·
I agree that you should never give up on the interest. the way to do it IMO is to downgrade for a while. when we get a house, if I am not able to afford the payments on the Boss, I plan on getting an older Mustang that I can pay for in cash and keep it over the years and slowly modify it until I can either afford a newer one again or grow too attached to it to sell it and build it.

#12 ·
As the other posters stated, I never understood why getting engaged means the mustang has to go. I got married and raised three kids while driving mustangs. The car seats still fit in the back :smilie Now if you plan on getting rid of a high payment and downgrading to a used, cheaper car, then that is a different story.

#13 ·
The best thing you can do in a marriage is to have a hobby you can do alone. Love my family but there are days I just want to be alone. Good luck OP.

#16 ·
Setting priorities is best practice planning. Choosing family over material wants is a "no lose" situation. You'll always be able to pick up another Mustang in the future. Good luck!

Itezja ... rent a Mustang convertible in Hawaii! You cannot go wrong as you'll see when you arrive.

#19 ·
Setting priorities is best practice planning. Choosing family over material wants is a "no lose" situation. You'll always be able to pick up another Mustang in the future. Good luck!

Itezja ... rent a Mustang convertible in Hawaii! You cannot go wrong as you'll see when you arrive.
Thanks tjys! Perhaps you'll want to just rent me the SVT Shelby? haha Keep the weather nice for me.. two days and I'll be there!

Status
Not open for further replies.
You have insufficient privileges to reply here.