Ford Mustang Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.

S**t You Say to Your Car

2K views 21 replies 17 participants last post by  randeez11 
#1 ·
After reading a thread whereby a gentleman was asking for help naming his new GT, I came to realize that I have been having [one-sided] conversations with my car. It made me wonder how many of you are also speaking or yelling at your cars, as well.
What kind of s**t do you say to your car when you are driving or working on it. I’ll start off and I apologize if you read this in a previous thread.

When I first drove my car and she threw me back into the seat, I yelled, "Sweet Sassy Molassey!" I idled her down and calmed her by gently petting the dashboard while repeating in a soothing voice, "Easy, girl. Easy. You don't want to scare those people over there. They want to like you!"

#3 ·
potholes... "Sorry Baby"
stuck bolts... "You filthing piece of $%&*"
only putting in 87 octane... "don't worry darlin' I'll get ya on the next one"
redline... "wooooohooooo!"
Lynryd Skynryd on the radio... "Alright :bigthumbsup "

I'm sure there are many more haha

#5 ·
I walk past it everyday in the garage and whisper sweet nothings to it during the winter. "Spring will be here soon enough", " you don't want to go out there today" , "damn you look good" etc. I think we finally got our last snow the other day so hopefully this weekend it'll be time for a bath and a long stretch!

G
#6 ·
I rarely say much to my cars anymore. I've probably gone through about 20 cars, so the attachment is fading. When trading in my 2012 last weekend though, I was more aware of it. I made a more conscious effort to remember the last drive. The way the door opened. The texture of the steering wheel and shift knob. The sweep of the gauges as the car woke up. The hum of the tires on that last drive. One last time.

I took longer than usual to remove my personal effects from the car this time. Slowly removing my trusty ice scraper, a random CD, some wax. Closing that trunk one last time. My tradition, the last parting, is to put my hand on the car for a minute to try to remember what it feels like and take a deep breath. I try to remember.

#7 ·
I seldom have much to say to my car. But quite often, I have plenty to say to the drivers of other cars. :winks

#8 ·
I often say "Don't worry, it'll get better soon" when I walk by and the covers are on. Sometimes I call her babe.. The wife used to get jealous but she's come to face reality haha. I also usually say "you're a good car/girl" after a good drive.. And I always look back and say bye before going out of sight.

Haha + 1 I usually keep these to myself though.

#9 ·
"Hold Still" lmao:nogrinner

#10 ·
At WOT: "hhhoooooooooooly shi*"

#11 ·
Some of the same things I say to my wife.. Hey sexy!, Damn girl!, or I love you! Yah I get a lot of rolling eyes...

but

I make up for it because the name of my car is my wifes middle name "Renee". :bigthumbsup

#13 ·
yep its just a car. my wife doesnt want to get rid of her old explorer cause its "her baby". i say no its ur piece of junk i have to work on all the time. oh well i cant complain too much at least no montly payment and she doesnt really need it.

Sent from my SCH-S720C using AutoGuide.Com Free App

#14 ·
F*** you is usually on the list whenever I hear a rattle or suspension noise. Otherwise it's f*** you at myself for messing up a shift.

#15 ·
The only time I talk to my car is to yell at the sync lady, although it seems to work better in my 13 than it did in my 12

#22 ·
Get rid of that "#%^* skip shift. It isnt difficult.

Status
Not open for further replies.
You have insufficient privileges to reply here.