Ford Mustang Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.

New 2013 GT owner

3K views 23 replies 17 participants last post by  KBsCobra 
#1 ·
After months of research and test driving various cars, I decided to go with the GT. :gringreenThe car just felt lighter, more fun to drive and more bang for the buck than the SS did. I'm itching to start modding it, but it will remain fairly stock for a while as I learn to drive it and get some seat time at the track with it. My immediate plans are shifter bracket, tint, and floor mats..Next will be full suspensionand then later down the road Ill look into doing power adders, but Im having a blast with it just like it is...Anyway, on to a few pics:bigthumbsup

See less See more
#2 ·
so you going to pull the boat with the stang? Nice car..

#3 ·
Congrats, nice ride!

I see you have the track pack or brembo package. What other options does it have?

#7 ·
Congrats. Hope you enjoy it. I'm glad you prefer it over the SS. I love the SS also and did tons and tons of research comparing the 5.0 to the Camaro SS.

I looked at them from every angle and compared just about every number and the 5.0 was my winner!

#22 ·
Congrats. Hope you enjoy it. I'm glad you prefer it over the SS. I love the SS also and did tons and tons of research comparing the 5.0 to the Camaro SS.

I looked at them from every angle and compared just about every number and the 5.0 was my winner!
Traded in my 2010 SS for my 13 GT. I uv it and it has a defferent fill to it..

#8 ·
Beautiful car. Welcome to the club ! :bigthumbsup

#9 ·
Appreciate the compliments, I'm loving this thing!
As far as option go, its a base gt with the tech package, brembos and 3.73 LSD rear option.
No garage yet, planning on getting a new house sometime next year with enough land to build a shop and the boat pulling duties fall on the wife's Tahoe.

Sent from AutoGuide.com Free App

#11 ·
Nice ride! The Ford dealer in Michigan where my dad used to work put those stickers on every car. Head it with a blow dryer and it will peel right off. I hope you enjoy your new Mustang as much as I enjoy mine! :cooldude:

#13 ·
^^^^
Awesome tip!

I thought I was going to have to start a thread to find out if anyone knew how to get rid of the darn thing without damaging the paint.

#16 ·
Congratulations on your new ride!!!

Rob

#17 ·
Yeah, that sticker will come off this weekend when I get some QT with the car. I decided to try just the bracket first(steeda) and see how that goes. Like to keep the mods to only the things that it really needs, but if the bracket doesn't correct it enough I'll do the shifter (steeda tri) and engine mounts to eliminate the problem completely.

I haven't read anything on the sound tube delete I'll have to look that up when I get home and see what that's all about.

One other thing..axle back exhaust. The gt500 seems to be the AB everyone raves about (price/quality). Id love to hear some in person vs YouTube clips, to help me figure that out too. I've contemplated doing the delete pipes but don't want a raspy ungodly droning exhaust either..

Sent from AutoGuide.com Free App

#20 ·
Just placed a small order with Americanmuscle.com , went ahead and got the steeda shifter bracket coming and gonna try the Pypes resonated tip AB's. Going by youtube vids, they seemed to sound pretty clean, and if I don't like em, i won't be out to much..weathertech floor mats are supposed to be here tomorrow and have the car scheduled to be tinted on the 5th..having all six windows done in 40%

Status
Not open for further replies.
You have insufficient privileges to reply here.