Ford Mustang Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.

Got a question about window tint

1K views 12 replies 7 participants last post by  HowellDoug 
#1 ·
So I noticed I had streaks and lines in my tint that I got from my dealership and to my surprise the warranty of the car and such does not cover window tint? This saddens me so if I want to get my tint fixed I'd have to pay for it to be redone is there a problem with this? Or is this just how it goes?

#2 ·
Your new car warranty isn't going to cover something aftermarket such as tint installed by the dealership - whether they did it in-house or farmed it out to a local tint shop. Whoever did the tint should certainly stand behind their work and if there are defects they should correct them for you at no cost to you.

I would clarify with the dealership who did the tint and go from there.

#3 ·
I got it from the dealer ship they did it there at the after market section of the dealership. They had me go up there to have pics taken and sent to Ford to see if they cover it. They said no and sent me on my way. :(

#4 ·
If the dealership does not warranty there work, I would find a reputable tint shops that DOES warranty there work, and use them. Most regular tint shops will provide a warranty with there work, unlike your dealership apparently. Sucks having to pay twice, but live and learn. In this case, learn what if any warranty the dealership provides on aftermarket work they do, and get it in writing.

#5 ·
Whoever did the tint should be responsible and fix it. In your case the dealer. If they don't fix it report them to the Better Business Bureau. It's expensive to have it removed and replaced.

#8 ·
This all depends what caused the problem. For example the 05-09 mustangs were bad for putting scratches in the tint, my tint has a lifetime warranty, but i was pre-warned that they would not cover it if the tint became scratched due to the poorly designed belt line mouldings. Now i cant dispute this at all, and wouldn't expect the tint shop to be liable for such damage because its not an issue with the film or the installation. I would try and determine what caused the problem before you take any further action, or get the windows done again just to have the same problem arise.

#10 ·
According to the aftermarket department they said the scratches and streaks were caused by trash getting rubbed up against the tint from within the car. *sigh*

#12 ·
why not post what crappy dealer this is? Then they can feel the wrath of the power of Social Media...can you say "boycott"?
Like I hate Walker Ford in Clearwater...what a bunch of dolts there

Status
Not open for further replies.
You have insufficient privileges to reply here.