Ford Mustang Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.

I woke up the pony today......big grin.

2K views 19 replies 14 participants last post by  randeez11 
#1 ·
Took delivery of my car 10-05-2012, drove it for 1016 miles for break in, and then stored it in my garage on 11-07-2012.

Even though the weather has been absolutely crappy this spring, the next few days are going to be sunny and "warm" near 50 degrees. I took off the battery tender, uncovered the exhaust openings, removed the wheel chocks, and started it up. I backed it out so I could park it in it's stall in the garage, but couldn't resist taking a short ride in my development. Mind you, I still only have storage insurance on the car, so real road driving was out of the question. Tomorrow though, I'm off from work, and the insurance is going back to normal. I plan on doing a little cruising after I swap out the summer only's for my all seasons.

I forgot just how much fun this little car is to drive, and it still has the new car smell from when I stored it last November. It's gonna be a great spring and summer. :bigthumbsup

Tim

#3 ·
I know my family back there is ready for summer! I'll be there in July for my grandma's 100th birthday party!!

#4 ·
I am sorry but I'm from florida and I really don't understand the storing your car for six months thing. Maybe its the snow and salted roads. But every day I wake up, open the garage door start the car and drive down the road its a blessing. I am 52 and had waited 30 years to get my first mustang so I guess I'm like a young kid at xmas. All I can say is enjoy that pony and drive it every moment you can you just never know what may happen. Have a great summer and enjoy your stang.:shiny:

#9 ·
I'm the same way! :bigthumbsup I'd rather enjoy my Mustang every day than once every 6 months...
Bought mine in december 2010 and I have 40K miles on it today! :D
Live your dreams while you can, like you said, we never know what's gonna happen tomorrow...

#6 ·
Drove mine all winter here in Michigan. Not quite as much fun as summer driving though. Still haven't been able to do the "first drop of the top" ride this year. Last year I had already had it down several times by now

Sent from my SPH-D710 using Tapatalk 2

#7 ·
Yeah, last year it was friggin 80 degrees in March. Of course the first time I've got incentive to hope for an early warm spring, we get a crap ton of snow......:heha:

Tim

#8 ·
Im getting anxious. I think two more weeks .:bigthumbsup

#16 ·
I drive both Shelby's nearly everyday. Even when we at Fort Lee and driving back to Ohio to see the family during the winter we took one of the Shelby's. most just park them in the garage but I figured if I'm spending that much money I want to be seen in them.

#18 ·
Got eight days before it comes out of storage. Been almost 5 1/2 months in there. Takes me 2-3 weeks to learn to drive it again. Just a fact of life in parts of the country. Live on a Town road that's not on their first to do list. Leaving for work at 5:30 one morning, snow not deep on my side but - all looked to same. This is just the driveway.
Dave

Status
Not open for further replies.
You have insufficient privileges to reply here.