Fays2 Watt's Link Specs - Ford Mustang Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 5 (permalink) Old 03-28-2013 Thread Starter
PONY Member
5.0L Member
S197 Member

Fays2 Watt's Link Specs

I received my Fays2 Watt's link a couple of days ago. I ordered it from Strano Performance Parts, which have excellent customer service. It was packaged very well and quality is top notch (credit to Fays2 here).

If you are considering a Watt's link and have been wondering about the weight, it weighs 25.8 lb. I didn't take off the all the bubble wrap (of which there is a lot) so that it doesn't get scratched until it's installed. it's probably closer to 25 lb flat overall without the wrap.

the frame weighs 10.6 lb so a Whiteline assembly (that attaches to the diff cover) will probably be closer to 15 lbs but I think it's worth it because I can continue to use the finned diff cover. Review on the difference will come soon after it's installed, which will hopefully be next week.

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 5 (permalink) Old 03-29-2013
PONY Member

Looking forward to it!

Car: 2011 Black Mustang v6, 6-Speed Auto, Premium Package
MODS: KW Variant 3 Coilovers w/ Maximum Motorsport CC Plates | J&M Adj. Panhard Rod | AEM Intake | Bama 91R | Borla S-Type Axle-Back | Boss Front Conversion w/ Saleen Grille + Foglight w/ Auto Headlight | Boss Rear Diffuser | Forgestar F14 18x10 +42 w/ Nitto NT05 275/35-18 (all around)| BMR LCA | SVT GT500 BBK|
Chuckwalla(CW)-2:21.065
Streets of Willow(CCW)- 1:29.661
Buttonwillow(CCW)-Let's not talk about it
post #3 of 5 (permalink) Old 03-29-2013
Rookie

post up pics. and how much did it run you?

post #4 of 5 (permalink) Old 03-29-2013 Thread Starter
PONY Member
5.0L Member
S197 Member

I will post pics as soon as it is installed! It's $650 + $55 for shipping (to Canada).
post #5 of 5 (permalink) Old 03-30-2013
Rookie

I put that on my car a few weeks ago and the difference is outstanding. The back end stays planted on rough curves and doesn't dance around anymore. Add in the roll center adjustment that the white line doesn't have and how much cheaper it is and you can't go wrong with it.

Sent from AutoGuide.com App

2012 Black GT/CS JLT CAI / Boss Intake Manifold / Bama 93R Tune / Moroso Oil Catch Can / Roush Axle Back / BMR LCAs / MGW Short Throw / Raxiom Smoke Headlights / DDM 35W HIDs / 20" TSW Nurburgring Matte Gunmetal Staggered 255 285 Nitto NT555 / Koni Yellows / Eibach Pro-Kit Springs / Strano Adj Front and Rear Sway bars / Fayys 2 Watts Link / MM Camber Plates
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Closed Thread

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Ford Mustang Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a VALID email address for yourself, otherwise you will not receive the necessary confirmation email needed to confirm, validate and activate your new AFM member account.

Failure to provide a VALID email address, will result in the cancellation of your new AFM member account registration.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page