Torn on what exhaust to go with 13 GT - Ford Mustang Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 5 (permalink) Old 03-29-2013 Thread Starter
Rookie

Torn on what exhaust to go with 13 GT

Had my 2013 GT for about 2 months now, been doing my research since the night I brought it home on different mods and exhausts. I'm pretty pumped, just took advantage of the Steeda discount they're having and ordered their power pack (CAI & Tune). Now I'm looking to close out the day by ordering my exhaust,
I'm just really torn between 3 different option really...1. Roush axle back 2. Flowmaster Outlaw axleback 3. GT500 with O/R X pipe....I know option 3 is the only one in which I'd see a power gain, so that's a definite advantage, disadvantage is its the most expensive of the 3 obviously. I live in Tennessee so emissions aren't an issue with the O/R and GT 500's....

Just looking for different opinions on each and maybe pros and cons because right now I'm pretty torn...thanks!

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 5 (permalink) Old 03-29-2013
notaV8

Quote:
Originally Posted by bleedingTNorang View Post
Had my 2013 GT for about 2 months now, been doing my research since the night I brought it home on different mods and exhausts. I'm pretty pumped, just took advantage of the Steeda discount they're having and ordered their power pack (CAI & Tune). Now I'm looking to close out the day by ordering my exhaust,
I'm just really torn between 3 different option really...1. Roush axle back 2. Flowmaster Outlaw axleback 3. GT500 with O/R X pipe....I know option 3 is the only one in which I'd see a power gain, so that's a definite advantage, disadvantage is its the most expensive of the 3 obviously. I live in Tennessee so emissions aren't an issue with the O/R and GT 500's....

Just looking for different opinions on each and maybe pros and cons because right now I'm pretty torn...thanks!
you want rasp and high pitched sound and no drone go with gt500 and off road x pipe, want cheap and badass deep sound and very little good rasp and no drone for a cheap price and power($600) go with the off road JBA H PIPE and gt500s.

want god awful drone go with the outlaws

want rasp and small drone at 2k-2.2k but good loud sound go for the roush.

post #3 of 5 (permalink) Old 03-29-2013
PONY Member
S197 Member

How about option 4, Borla Touring? If I could go back I'd probably take those instead of the GT500.

2011 GT Kona Blue - Saddle 400a, 6MT, 3.55, Electronic, Brembo, Glass Roof, HID, Security, Comfort, RearVC, GT500 Mufflers, Procal tuner, Vorshlag brake lines, Boss/CS Fascia, Brake cooling ducts

post #4 of 5 (permalink) Old 03-29-2013
PONY Member
5.0L Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by notaV8 View Post
you want rasp and high pitched sound and no drone go with gt500 and off road x pipe, want cheap and badass deep sound and very little good rasp and no drone for a cheap price and power($600) go with the off road JBA H PIPE and gt500s.

want god awful drone go with the outlaws

want rasp and small drone at 2k-2.2k but good loud sound go for the roush.

Does the off road X pipe create the high pitch sound with the GT500's? I have the 500's with otherwise stock exhaust and it isn't even close to a high pitch sound. Nice and deep rumble. Just curious.

Dave USAF (Ret)
2013 Mustang GT Premium Coupe, Comfort Pkg., Red Candy, Saddle Leather, 6 MT, 3.31s Build date: 20120808, Purchase date: 20121009, Mods: GT500 Axle Back Exhaust, Steeda Black Shift Knob, Redline Hood Struts
post #5 of 5 (permalink) Old 03-29-2013
SHELBY GT 350 Member

Best GT exhaust is GT500 mufflers and wide open Boss 302 side exit pipes, sounds KILLER!!!

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Closed Thread

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Ford Mustang Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a VALID email address for yourself, otherwise you will not receive the necessary confirmation email needed to confirm, validate and activate your new AFM member account.

Failure to provide a VALID email address, will result in the cancellation of your new AFM member account registration.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page