Factory HID question - Page 2 - Ford Mustang Forum
Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools
GT Member

Well, I did adjust my foglights up from the factory mineshaft aiming to the level of the low beam lights, since I now had the light reach to pull that off with these in. that makes them a bit more aggressive to other drivers and yeah, if I forget to turn them off people remind me.

2014 Premium GT, SGM, Brembo, Auto, Tech, Comfort, etc. GT500s, Steeda UCA, VMP auto tune, 100 shot on BBR tune, best et: 11.38 at 120.85

2012 GT, Candy Red, Brembo, 3.73, Tech, Comfort, etc. Procal tune, Roush upper, UMI LCAs, Steeda red bracket, GT500s, 28X10X16 Hoosier slicks, best et: 11.91 at 115.23 RIP
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #17 of 21 (permalink) Old 04-13-2013 Thread Starter
PONY Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by 5LHO View Post
Well, I did adjust my foglights up from the factory mineshaft aiming to the level of the low beam lights, since I now had the light reach to pull that off with these in. that makes them a bit more aggressive to other drivers and yeah, if I forget to turn them off people remind me.
This is a rookie question, but how exactly do you aim headlights/foglights? I'm getting raxiom smoked headlights, and I've heard from people(those people could be wrong though) that they need aiming.

Sent from AutoGuide.com Free App

2012 Mustang GT 5.0 6spd manual transmission-BBK Longtube headers-BBK O/R X- Borla S Type mufflers- Dolce DC34 Matte Black wheels - 255/35/20 Nexen N3000 all around.
Raxiom halos, all lights smoked, louvers, Tuned by Lund Racing
GT Member

Yeah, it is a rookie Q. Take off the rad cover. There are plus head screws vertically positioned near the fog light tops that adjust the height, left is up. Similarly, there are screws near the back of the HID housings to adjust them. You need to be real careful with those, as they can strip easily. The fog light ones are solid enough.

Take your car to a nearby wall with a level surface and park it about 5 metres back. Mark where your factory headlight cut line is on the wall.

The when you install the Raxioms, go to the same wall and adjust them to your mark. Done and dusted.

You can adjust your foglights up some b/c you have HIDs but, there's no need to bring them higher than the factory low beam cutoff. i guarantee people will start flashing you if you run those set that way. Great for back roads though, which is why I did it.

The factory headlight aiming is actually ok on these cars. it's the foglights that were set super low on my car, even for fog lights.

2014 Premium GT, SGM, Brembo, Auto, Tech, Comfort, etc. GT500s, Steeda UCA, VMP auto tune, 100 shot on BBR tune, best et: 11.38 at 120.85

2012 GT, Candy Red, Brembo, 3.73, Tech, Comfort, etc. Procal tune, Roush upper, UMI LCAs, Steeda red bracket, GT500s, 28X10X16 Hoosier slicks, best et: 11.91 at 115.23 RIP

post #19 of 21 (permalink) Old 04-14-2013 Thread Starter
PONY Member

Quote:
Yeah, it is a rookie Q. Take off the rad cover. There are plus head screws vertically positioned near the fog light tops that adjust the height, left is up. Similarly, there are screws near the back of the HID housings to adjust them. You need to be real careful with those, as they can strip easily. The fog light ones are solid enough.

Take your car to a nearby wall with a level surface and park it about 5 metres back. Mark where your factory headlight cut line is on the wall.

The when you install the Raxioms, go to the same wall and adjust them to your mark. Done and dusted.

You can adjust your foglights up some b/c you have HIDs but, there's no need to bring them higher than the factory low beam cutoff. i guarantee people will start flashing you if you run those set that way. Great for back roads though, which is why I did it.

The factory headlight aiming is actually ok on these cars. it's the foglights that were set super low on my car, even for fog lights.
Thanks for the info. Much appreciated. I also noticed that my cutoff line for my headlights isn't really a cutoff line. It just kinda.. Fades out instead of a straight time. I've seen great HID cutoffs before and like look nothing like it. Btw I did this with the foglights off just for the people who might ask that.

Sent from AutoGuide.com Free App

2012 Mustang GT 5.0 6spd manual transmission-BBK Longtube headers-BBK O/R X- Borla S Type mufflers- Dolce DC34 Matte Black wheels - 255/35/20 Nexen N3000 all around.
Raxiom halos, all lights smoked, louvers, Tuned by Lund Racing
PONY Member
5.0L Member
S197 Member

Quote:
I have 6k 35w in the fogs and the light output is fantastic. Yours don't look much different than mine. A lot of bulbs are out there that aren't really the colour temp advertised. DDM got itself in hot water for advertising a whole range of colour temps that were actually the same bulb.

here's 6K:

IMG_0896_zps92428e61.jpg Photo by 5lho | Photobucket

here's an approximation of the light on road:

IMG_0898_zps2729bc14.jpg Photo by 5lho | Photobucket

Yeah, they are blinding but, I don't run them in town.
Where and how did you hear about this issue with DDM? I'm curious because I have a buddy that installed two different sets of 6K from DDM in two separate vehicles but they looked nothing like a 6K from DDM that I had from years ago.

Sent from AutoGuide.com App

2013 GT Premium, Brembo's, Track Pack, 6MT, Recaro's, Reverse Sensors/Camera, GT500 A/B, BMR Springs, Strange 10-way Adjustables w/GT500 Mounts, BMR Adjustable Panhard Bar, 20" Staggered Vossen CV2's/Nitto Invo's.....BMR UCA/Bracket, BMR LCA's, BMR LCA Relocation Brackets being done soon.
GT Member

Poke your head around forums on line, particularly BMW ones and, you'll quickly find what I'm talking about.

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Closed Thread

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Ford Mustang Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a VALID email address for yourself, otherwise you will not receive the necessary confirmation email needed to confirm, validate and activate your new AFM member account.

Failure to provide a VALID email address, will result in the cancellation of your new AFM member account registration.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page