What causes wear in the middle of the tire? - Page 2 - Ford Mustang Forum
Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools
GT Member

I run 38 psi all day long and I don't have any uneven wear. And I would have noticed by now with the mileage that's on them.

Sent from AutoGuide.com Free App

-2012 Grabber Blue GT 6M Premium w/ Brembos, Glass Roof, HID security pkg, Rear Camera, 401a, FRPP GT500 Axle-backs, Front Pioneer TS-D6802R speakers, JHR bracket, Bondra clutch extension.
-1986 Mazda RX-7 GX - Fast Mirage 16" Wheels, Sumo Firenza 205/60R Tires, slotted brakes + performance pads. Otherwise factory stock.
-2008 Mazda Mazda3 GT Sport - Stock, 5MT.
-2004 Volvo XC90 T5 - Comfort pkg, safety pkg.
-1995 Infiniti G20 - Sold, Pioneer head unit, lighting mods, miss it dearly.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

J Orbit

Quote:
Originally Posted by Elite_Deforce View Post
I run 38 psi all day long and I don't have any uneven wear. And I would have noticed by now with the mileage that's on them.

See, that's what I had mine at. Right around 38. I lowered the rear PSI to 32ish and the fronts at 35 as suggested here. Hopefully that will abate some of the wear.

BTW these are goodyear F1 supercar tires 255zr18 ford racing wheels. I bought them as a package so I assume they're the right size for the wheel. Only mods are eibach sway bars.

glock22357

I'd guess it's putting the wider tires on the rims.

I'm mentally picturing that doing so forces the tires to be more rounded in their profile, rather than squared-off and flat with the road.

PONY Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Elite_Deforce View Post

Tell us what wore out first when you are throwing them away... my guess... the centers.

2012 V6 Base. 6-speed. 3.31. Roush Wheel Hop Kit. BMR 38mm Front Swaybar. Camber Modded Koni Yellow Struts. Linear Steeda Sport Springs. J&M Camber Plates. J&M Panhard Bar. Airaid Intake. 93R Bama Tune. BBK Ceramic Shorties. Carbon Fiber Trac-Lok w/ Finned Cover. Hawk SR pads. GT Rotors. Spec Al Flywheel & Stage I Clutch, 18x10.5 ET38 Enkei PF01 Wheels. 285 30 R18 RE-71r tires. Boss 302 Radiator.
GT Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by J Orbit View Post
BTW these are goodyear F1 supercar tires 255zr18 ford racing wheels. I bought them as a package so I assume they're the right size for the wheel. Only mods are eibach sway bars.
That would have been nice to know way earlier.
Quote:
Originally Posted by 740weapon View Post
Tell us what wore out first when you are throwing them away... my guess... the centers.
I've been running 5+ psi more than recommended on a few cars for years and have never had this issue. It's not like I'm running 20 psi over, so calm down. 3 psi more isn't going to do anything.

-2012 Grabber Blue GT 6M Premium w/ Brembos, Glass Roof, HID security pkg, Rear Camera, 401a, FRPP GT500 Axle-backs, Front Pioneer TS-D6802R speakers, JHR bracket, Bondra clutch extension.
-1986 Mazda RX-7 GX - Fast Mirage 16" Wheels, Sumo Firenza 205/60R Tires, slotted brakes + performance pads. Otherwise factory stock.
-2008 Mazda Mazda3 GT Sport - Stock, 5MT.
-2004 Volvo XC90 T5 - Comfort pkg, safety pkg.
-1995 Infiniti G20 - Sold, Pioneer head unit, lighting mods, miss it dearly.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Closed Thread

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Ford Mustang Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a VALID email address for yourself, otherwise you will not receive the necessary confirmation email needed to confirm, validate and activate your new AFM member account.

Failure to provide a VALID email address, will result in the cancellation of your new AFM member account registration.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page