Tire sticker on door? - Ford Mustang Forum
Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 16 (permalink) Old 04-12-2013 Thread Starter
Apprentice

Tire sticker on door?

Hey all. I just replaced my 18" factory bullit wheels with the wheels from a new GT/CS which are 19".Is there anyway I can get a label to replace the tire info label that reflects the new tire size ? Thanks for your help.

2013 GT GRABBER BLUE/SILVER BOSS STRIPES,CS FOG LIGHTS , SIDE & REAR WINDOW LOUVER , GT 500 AXLE BACKS , NEW SHIFTER , CDC SHAKER SCOOP , PAINTED COIL COVERS , JLT CATCH CAN , 20" GUNMETAL BULLITT'S STAGGERED / NITTO 555'S MORE TO COME...
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 16 (permalink) Old 04-12-2013
PONY Member

The label in the door that shows tire pressure you mean?? I figured they're all the same.

post #3 of 16 (permalink) Old 04-12-2013
PONY Member

I am not anywhere where I can see my car right now, but I think the tire pressure for the 19's is 32 psi

2011 VMPcharged GT Auto, RGR/JPC Motor, Borla Touring, Alum Driveshaft, tuned by VMP [email protected]

Fired up the willing engine, responding with a roar.Tires spitting gravel, I commit my weekly crime.Wind in my hair Shifting and drifting Mechanical music Adrenaline surge - Rush -

post #4 of 16 (permalink) Old 04-12-2013 Thread Starter
Apprentice

I understand what the label is for.It list tire size and recommended pressure.My issue is that my current label is for 18" wheels,but I now have 19" wheels and would like the label to be accurate.

2013 GT GRABBER BLUE/SILVER BOSS STRIPES,CS FOG LIGHTS , SIDE & REAR WINDOW LOUVER , GT 500 AXLE BACKS , NEW SHIFTER , CDC SHAKER SCOOP , PAINTED COIL COVERS , JLT CATCH CAN , 20" GUNMETAL BULLITT'S STAGGERED / NITTO 555'S MORE TO COME...
post #5 of 16 (permalink) Old 04-12-2013
PONY Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by romcjr View Post
I understand what the label is for.It list tire size and recommended pressure.My issue is that my current label is for 18" wheels,but I now have 19" wheels and would like the label to be accurate.
I was just asking to make sure that's what you were referring too. And it is accurate, as I said, they are all the same. I have 18's as well and its 32psi just like Don's Stang and he has 19's.

post #6 of 16 (permalink) Old 04-12-2013
GT Member
5.0L Member

Garage
The Vehicle Tire Inflation Tag is put on by the manufacturers, is in sort a legal document covering the manufacturer's butt. AFAIK you can't get a replacement. It has to match the tires that came on the car as manufactured.

"We are all born ignorant, but one must work hard to remain stupid." ~Benjamin Franklin
2012 Kona Blue Mustang GT
Roush Phase 2 625HP Supercharger | Black OTT Stripe | 400A | 5.0L | 6MT | 3.55 | HID | SP | CP | BBP | EP | RVC
Mods: Forget it .... too much to list!
post #7 of 16 (permalink) Old 04-12-2013
MACH I Member
5.0L Member

USE THE DAMN STICKER ON THE DAMN DOOR!

LOL! Damn just use the search function for numerous discussions......PLEASE!

'95 Ranger 5.0 GT40X Tri-y GT40 Intake S-Trim Snow Stage 2 Lowered Baer Racing Brakes Viper Spec Tremec w/Hurst shifter Custom Interior Dakota Digital Dash Corbeau Toplines OZ Racing AM/FM/Mp3/CD/DVD/TV.

2014 GTIG 5.0 Vert Base. Sil Carb Fiber dash. Bama Race Tune. Gibson axle backs. STEEDA Springs KONI STR.T Adj. Panhard. Dynamatted. Audiocontrol LC8i Amps and Sub! Leather OEM seats. Custom Badging.
post #8 of 16 (permalink) Old 04-12-2013
PONY Member

when I replied I misunderstood what you wanted

Find a 2013 with the 19 inch wheels. The sticker should have a part number on it, I bet the dealer can order it for you

2011 VMPcharged GT Auto, RGR/JPC Motor, Borla Touring, Alum Driveshaft, tuned by VMP [email protected]

Fired up the willing engine, responding with a roar.Tires spitting gravel, I commit my weekly crime.Wind in my hair Shifting and drifting Mechanical music Adrenaline surge - Rush -
post #9 of 16 (permalink) Old 04-13-2013
GT Member

That label only reflects on tires that came from factory. Go by the tire manufacture on what preesure should be
post #10 of 16 (permalink) Old 04-13-2013 Thread Starter
Apprentice

I DON'T need to know what info is on the label !!! I just want the label to match the wheels and tires.They are not all the same.
Thanks Don's Stang for a reply I can use.

Apprentice
5.0L Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by pdmustgt View Post
That label only reflects on tires that came from factory. Go by the tire manufacture on what preesure should be
Wrong....................

2012 Mustang GT, Lava Red Metallic, Brembo, 401A, Cashmere leather, pedestal spoiler and hoodscoop. Mods - Boss shift knob, Weathertechs, GT fender badges, Steeda Ultra-lites/Tokico's D-specs/Steeda HD mounts & phb/GT500 iso's, 20% tint, Steeda UCA, Roush Axlebacks, Bassani X-pipe, no reso's, Painted lower valances, Boss mudflaps, MMD hood struts, MGW shifter, 275/40R19 Michelin Super Sports all around, Whiteline Sways/LCA's/Brackets, Steeda CAI, Bama 93 tune.
PONY Member

I just went out and looked at mine, there is a part number on each sticker, but there is also the vehical Vin number so you may be out of luck

Here are pics, with the part number circled, I blocked my Vin number
The white one your prob Sh!t out of luck, but maybe the dealer can do something about the yellow one
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	decal.jpg
Views:	2880
Size:	83.8 KB
ID:	213345   Click image for larger version

Name:	decal2.jpg
Views:	3311
Size:	129.2 KB
ID:	213353  

GT Member
V6 Member
S197 Member

The white one you are out of luck on, Roush can't even get them, the cross the size and pressures out on the cars they do when tire sizes are different.
Go look at the pics of the Door Sticker Ford : Mustang GT Premium in Ford | eBay Motors

http://i124.photobucket.com/albums/p34/Siberexpress/Sterling/Stripes/af58edf0-2e2e-4ffe-a201-405b00a627bc_zpseb5ae052.jpg
2013 Performance Package V6
2013 F150 6.2L Boss
Yes it is a Boss
GT Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wrext View Post
Wrong....................

LOL ok so when you remove factroy tire put completely different tire on so who tire pressure you going by?
Apprentice
5.0L Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by pdmustgt View Post
LOL ok so when you remove factroy tire put completely different tire on so who tire pressure you going by?

Oh I'm glad you asked! This is a misunderstood theory that 99% of the people that you will buy tires from do not understand. I've been in the industry 10 years selling tires, and I've only really been aware of how to properly figure this out in the last 3 or so.

Bridgestone actually has a guide book called the "Replacement Tire Selection Manual" that spells it out for you with load charts!

Essentially it's all related to load rating, not really size, so let's assume that the factory tires here are the 235/50R18 97W's. The 19 inch in question should be Pirelli Pzero Nero's 245/45R19 98W's.

Since the load rating is numerically higher with the 19's, you could probably just leave the tire pressure the same as stock to duplicate the load capacity scenario in stock form (and that's what Ford does when they fit those 19's on there). According to the guidebook however, the 18 inch tire 97W tire carries 1532 lbs at 32 psi while the 19 inch 98 W tire carries 1488 lbs. At 33 psi, the 19 inch tire carries 1543 lbs per tire. Moral of the story, leave it at 32 and your fine, but according the tire manufacturer, in order to play it safe when fitting the non-stock tires, 33 is the proper pressure for the new set to ensure mirrored load capacity.

The biggest thing that people miss is that P rated and non p-rated tires (also know as euro metric) of the same size and load rating can carry the same weight at different pressures.

Example - 235/50R18 97W vs P235/50R18 97W

Thanks for letting the tire geek rant!
Matt

2012 Mustang GT, Lava Red Metallic, Brembo, 401A, Cashmere leather, pedestal spoiler and hoodscoop. Mods - Boss shift knob, Weathertechs, GT fender badges, Steeda Ultra-lites/Tokico's D-specs/Steeda HD mounts & phb/GT500 iso's, 20% tint, Steeda UCA, Roush Axlebacks, Bassani X-pipe, no reso's, Painted lower valances, Boss mudflaps, MMD hood struts, MGW shifter, 275/40R19 Michelin Super Sports all around, Whiteline Sways/LCA's/Brackets, Steeda CAI, Bama 93 tune.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Closed Thread

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Ford Mustang Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a VALID email address for yourself, otherwise you will not receive the necessary confirmation email needed to confirm, validate and activate your new AFM member account.

Failure to provide a VALID email address, will result in the cancellation of your new AFM member account registration.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page