Mixed emotions about American Muscle - Page 3 - Ford Mustang Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools
Site Sponsor

Hey guys,

Thanks for supporting AM and understanding that the occasional problem does slip through the cracks once in a while. If an issue does occur, feel free to send AMDanBailer or myself a PM. We'll do whatever it takes to get things straightened out!

Shane

Will Levantovsky | AmericanMuscle.com
Toll Free: 866.727.1266 | M-F 9AM-9PM EST | Sat 9AM-5:30PM EST
Bama Hotline: 888.226.9764 | M-F 9AM-5:30PM EST
Free Same-Day Shipping!
WIN A $1500 MMD STYLING PACKAGE
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

PONY Member

So far Ive ordered floor liners, seatcovers and bama tuner from AM and everything has been grade A.

Sent from AutoGuide.com Free App

2013 5.0, Black, Auto, Procharger P1SC stg 2, 4.13'' pulley(8 psi), 3'' x pipe, Circle D 3c, Kooks axleback, BMR control arms. 593rwhp
PONY Member

Every company has some slip ups. It's unfortunate that in some of the cases AM probably shipped out the product in perfect condition only to be hammer thrown by the shipping company at the distribution center.

GT Member

AM took care of me today. I ordered a new spoiler for my cobra. When it arrived yesterday, the spoiler was cracked. I am returning the broken one and ordered a different spoiler since I was not impressed by the quality of the cracked one. I ordered the S281 spoiler and they are shipping it 3 day shipping on their dime.

SOLD: Black 2011 GT 5.0.
1997 SVT Cobra Mustang
Full Steeda Suspension; OR X-Pipe; Flowmaster Exhaust; AMR wheels; Pro 5.0 Shifter, etc..
Apprentice

I ordered quarter window louvers for my car and the colour didnt really match.. and i orderd rims and got 2 rear tires inside out lol.

But i guess when your shipping thousands of things a day a few items slip through the cracks, and atleast their customer support is better than any other company ive ever orderd parts from

2013 V6, Candy Red, Auto, Base
FRPP Sport Axle Back, FRPP X-Pipe MMD side Louvers, Roush CAI, Brembo Brakes, H&R SS springs 1.7/2.1" - SOLD

2015 GT black premium
Apprentice

Ive always been leary of buying things on the internet too however I finally broke down and purchased a GT500 Rear Spoiler from a vendor on here and waited 2 weeks for it to arrive. 2 weeks to the day it arrived and it was damaged. I contact the seller on Sunday night and then Monday, Tuesday came and went with no response from anyone. On Sunday I posted a thread that I was pist because of the damage and I got totally flamed on here because I was airing my frustration.

Monday afternoon I finally went to the manufacturer and they agreed to replace it and then finally the seller contacted me.

My next purchase was gonna be a 2013 Mustang Hood Scoop but after this I think I will pass that up.

I just hope my 2nd Rear Spoiler arrives in good shape.

So I know how you feel pretty much but some members are gonna flame you regardless.

I also posted my rant on another Mustang forum and the moderators pulled it because they said they dont allow members to vent their frustration on their site about their vendors so like I told them whats their forum even for if you cannot display your frustration and dissatisfaction with a company.....
Apprentice

So it wasn't just me with the headlights? I see my headlights burned through the connection from the bulb. I had to send it back and when reinstalling my new set I accidentally snapped the headlight connection so I had to tape the connectors together to make sure the connection doesn't get loose. I was unhappy about that note. I spoke with the AM representative on the phone when I was getting my second set and he told me the new headlights wouldn't come with new warranty. The other day when I was ordering my bama tunes I spoke with a representative who told me the new headlights came with new warranty. I don't know who to believe.

2011 V6 Black Mustang Automatic: Magnaflow Competition Series Cat-Back Exhaust, Airaid Cold Air Intake, Raxiom Smoked Projector Headlights, Raxiom Smoked Aero Tail Lights, 93H-R3.1 Bama tune, BBK Long Tube Headers, BBK Catted X Pipe
Site Sponsor

Quote:
Originally Posted by krnxboyxjoe View Post
So it wasn't just me with the headlights? I see my headlights burned through the connection from the bulb. I had to send it back and when reinstalling my new set I accidentally snapped the headlight connection so I had to tape the connectors together to make sure the connection doesn't get loose. I was unhappy about that note. I spoke with the AM representative on the phone when I was getting my second set and he told me the new headlights wouldn't come with new warranty. The other day when I was ordering my bama tunes I spoke with a representative who told me the new headlights came with new warranty. I don't know who to believe.
krnxboyxjoe,

I think I can clear this up for you! I'm not sure who you spoke with the first time, but they must have had their mind on other things. Every new set of Raxiom headlights come with a 2year warranty. Even if they're replacements!

If you need to warranty a set, shoot me a PM with your first/last name and shipping address. I'll make sure you're taken care of!

Shane

Will Levantovsky | AmericanMuscle.com
Toll Free: 866.727.1266 | M-F 9AM-9PM EST | Sat 9AM-5:30PM EST
Bama Hotline: 888.226.9764 | M-F 9AM-5:30PM EST
Free Same-Day Shipping!
WIN A $1500 MMD STYLING PACKAGE
GT Member

AM did me right this week. I ordered/received a set of FRPP brake lines, and the box had two driver's side rear lines in it. I called em, on Saturday, explained the issue, and without hesitation, they sent me a return shipping label and shipped out a new set of brake lines. I got them on Wednesday.

Sent from my toilet with Crapatalk v2
---------------------------------------------------------------

427w, Tremec Magnum XL, 3.73
Too many mods to list - go here: paddedwall.org/2012mustang/Default.aspx
(Intentionally pissing off badge Nazis everywhere)
Engine swap by Two Ten Performance (twotenperformance.com) in San Antonio
GT Member

Just b/c I know Shane will read this I'll share a little frustrating story I just experienced. More annoying than anything else b/c of the style of communication. First of all let me say I've ordered GT500 ab, tuner, rear tail light tint, side splitters, and probably a couple other things I'm forgetting from AM and had literally zero issues however my most recent experience was a little annoying.

I go to buy some MMR tail light trim and it says "out of stock" but you can set an email to be alerted when they're back in stock so I did. I checked my email the next day and it said "back in stock" so I bought them. Then the next day I get an email that says the "mis-calculated" their inventory or something like that and would I like to cancel, change etc but it's out of stock. That's fine and good service giving me the option to cancel. Then, today I go on their website to show my coworker what the trim looks like and it said "in stock" so I check my email. I got an email from AM so I'm like woo-hoo shipping has went out. NOPE. It said your order has been approved so I look on my credit card and they charged it the day I bought. Seems like a poor way to communicate to me and mis-leading. I'm not worried about it though and they go out of their way to help customers so they have my business. Just wanted to share this so maybe that process can be adjusted a little bit.

2012 black on black GT Premium Auto 6R80 - 400A
20 x 8.5" AR Torq Thrust M - BMR springs & Koni str.t shocks - GT500 mounts - J&M LCAs - CHE reloc brackets - J&M panhard - General GMAX AS3 - GT500 axel backs (no resonators) - GT500 spoiler - MMD tail light trim - Roush side splitters - AM upper/lower billet grill - Bama 93v2R tune - Airade CAI
Rookie

I got Pypes axle-backs for my V6 from Ebay and they came in perfect condition. I then ordered them from AM when I got my GT and the box was a bit beat up and the finish was a bit scuffed up. I said oh well and just installed them. Not sure if it was AM's fault or if they came like that, but I'll live with it.
GT Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Melodeth View Post
I got Pypes axle-backs for my V6 from Ebay and they came in perfect condition. I then ordered them from AM when I got my GT and the box was a bit beat up and the finish was a bit scuffed up. I said oh well and just installed them. Not sure if it was AM's fault or if they came like that, but I'll live with it.
It's usually UPS that damages the merchandise. They destroyed a PC I sent to my sister, and it took a little more than six months to get my insurance check.

Sent from my toilet with Crapatalk v2
---------------------------------------------------------------

427w, Tremec Magnum XL, 3.73
Too many mods to list - go here: paddedwall.org/2012mustang/Default.aspx
(Intentionally pissing off badge Nazis everywhere)
Engine swap by Two Ten Performance (twotenperformance.com) in San Antonio
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Ford Mustang Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a VALID email address for yourself, otherwise you will not receive the necessary confirmation email needed to confirm, validate and activate your new AFM member account.

Failure to provide a VALID email address, will result in the cancellation of your new AFM member account registration.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page