Tips for removing stickers from visors? - Ford Mustang Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 6 (permalink) Old 04-15-2013 Thread Starter
Rookie

Tips for removing stickers from visors?

So while I'm saving up for my first real round of mods I'm trying to keep myself occupied doing minor (read: free) maintenance and cleaning up minor fit and finish projects.

I have a 2013 premium GT and I love the interior. But the stickers on the visors just detract from the whole and I'd like to remove them. I've done this on other cars I've owned and it was a pretty simple affair - they just peeled right off. The stickers on these visors though seem to be on there quite firmly. I don't want to damage the visors removing the stickers, so I was wondering - does anyone have any tips for getting these things off?

Thanks in advance!

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 6 (permalink) Old 04-15-2013
PONY Member
S197 Member

Blower dryer to heat it up good, while continuing adding heat, slowly peal it off and swab with rubbing alcohol to remove any excess adhesive.

2011 Mustang GT black. Mods: JLT CAI, JBA Long Tube Headers Catted H-pipe, GT500 axle back, Bama 93 Race tune, Koni STRTs, Speeda Sports, GT500 mounts, BMR LCAs, relo brackets and panhard bar
post #3 of 6 (permalink) Old 04-15-2013
PONY Member
V6 Member
S197 Member

[QUOTE=spitfire009;4142913]Blower dryer to heat it up good, while continuing adding heat, slowly peal it off and swab with rubbing alcohol to remove any excess adhesive.[/QUOTE

Same thing but I found goof off works better
(do not let it touch plastics)

2011 V6 Mustang PP - UJ
MT/ 3.31
_____
Procharger P-1SC, Pypes 2.5 dual M-80's Cat-back/ 4" Resonated tips, Airaid Synthamax filter, SCT/Procharger Tune
_____
Boss Front Fascia, Saleen grill, GT500 Lower Rear Diffuser, leather interior

post #4 of 6 (permalink) Old 04-15-2013 Thread Starter
Rookie

Didn't think about using heat! Thanks guys!
post #5 of 6 (permalink) Old 04-15-2013
PONY Member

I know you are looking for free, but there are cheap "GT" stickers that are on ebay that are designed to cover the visor stickers. I'm going to order some for my car. Might be worth a look.

2011 GTCS
Officially too many mods to list...
post #6 of 6 (permalink) Old 04-15-2013
PONY Member
V6 Member
S197 Member

FYI: Dipping a tooth brush in adhesive remover works good, use a small trimmer to get rid of any fibers that may stand up after using the brush.

2011 V6 Mustang PP - UJ
MT/ 3.31
_____
Procharger P-1SC, Pypes 2.5 dual M-80's Cat-back/ 4" Resonated tips, Airaid Synthamax filter, SCT/Procharger Tune
_____
Boss Front Fascia, Saleen grill, GT500 Lower Rear Diffuser, leather interior
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Closed Thread

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Ford Mustang Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a VALID email address for yourself, otherwise you will not receive the necessary confirmation email needed to confirm, validate and activate your new AFM member account.

Failure to provide a VALID email address, will result in the cancellation of your new AFM member account registration.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page