test and tune day at the track - Ford Mustang Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 7 (permalink) Old 04-16-2013 Thread Starter
Apprentice

test and tune day at the track

Well i finally got to got to the track the other day for the first time in the new mustang!!
This is my first sports car ever and i have never been on a drag strip in my life...gotta say i was pretty pleased....for and 1/8 mile and a stock 5.0 six speed manual she ran like a champ.

personal best:

r/t: .0312
60': 2.221
330: 5.752
1/8: 8.667
mph: 84.79

*only thing i have changed is i put a K&N filter in the car

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 7 (permalink) Old 04-16-2013
GT Member

Nice Job....
Next time stage shallow and go on the last amber light... both 60' and r/t will be better

I don't speak often but when I do, I don't have clue what I am talking about. I just repeat things that I once heard and do not repeat them correctly... My doctor told me it was an ID 10 T problem and it was incurable.
So when I reply to a post or add to a thread I just find the words elsewhere and copy and paste.
post #3 of 7 (permalink) Old 04-16-2013
Apprentice

Did you go to San Antonio? Is it only 1/8 mile or can you do a 1/4 mile as well? Thinking about heading down there...

2013 Mustang GT Brembo, 3.73, Steeda Sport Springs, Koni Str.t, GT500 mounts, BMR Adj. Panhard, BMR LCA, BMR Relocation Brackets, MGW Shifter, FRPP Sport Axle Backs, C&L CAI, Bama tuned, Roush Upper & Lower Grilles, CS Foglights and loving every minute...

post #4 of 7 (permalink) Old 04-16-2013
Banned
V6 Member
5.0L Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by JohnRichard View Post
Nice Job....
Next time stage shallow and go on the last amber light... both 60' and r/t will be better
He had an .031 light!!! That is pretty awesome for someone that hadn't been to a dragstrip before!!

OP, more practice will get you some even better times!!
post #5 of 7 (permalink) Old 04-17-2013
GT Member

If it is an 0.031 light that is awesome... but seeing that the person wrote it out with four 4 numbers showing a ten thousandth of a second (.0001), i though that it was a miss print... I looked at all of my run tickets and it stops at the thousandth of a second(.001)... and they are from a real ******* race track, so I thought the poster meant to write 0.312 not .0312... How does the track you run at print out the r/t?... OP... was it a miss print or did you nail an 0.0312 light

I don't speak often but when I do, I don't have clue what I am talking about. I just repeat things that I once heard and do not repeat them correctly... My doctor told me it was an ID 10 T problem and it was incurable.
So when I reply to a post or add to a thread I just find the words elsewhere and copy and paste.
post #6 of 7 (permalink) Old 04-17-2013 Thread Starter
Apprentice

No that's how it was on there.....my very first run was a .5548 r/t
post #7 of 7 (permalink) Old 04-17-2013
notaV8

coulda gone faster without that k&n, they take power and torque away
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Closed Thread

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Ford Mustang Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a VALID email address for yourself, otherwise you will not receive the necessary confirmation email needed to confirm, validate and activate your new AFM member account.

Failure to provide a VALID email address, will result in the cancellation of your new AFM member account registration.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page