Looking for tips on driving manual - Page 3 - Ford Mustang Forum
Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools
Apprentice
5.0L Member

yeah skip shift is gone from these cars thankfully. That said, when driving around town (speed limit 25) my pattern is 1-2-4 for normal driving. I could start out in 2nd like an earlier poster said, but I just hate doing that. You can launch smooth from 1st with the 3.73 gears you just have to slip the clutch a little (leave it partially disengaged while smoothly accelerating) if you don't do this on ALL the gears you shouldn't damage the clutch driving this way, and it'll help you get the hang of it.

Have fun! Autos might be killer at the track, but on the street it's all about the feel of the gear shift.

Silver - the fastest color.

2013 Mustang GT P 6M: Second Generation MT-82, Barton shifter and bracket, Catch can, MMD hood struts, Blendmount, Bama 93R. Next up - Headers and off-road X pipe, axle backs.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Replica: $400? No. I'm good. Stock one is fine. It throttles and bodies just fine.
Rawbeef:
Sorry to pile on... But is your wife named Bubba?
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

J Orbit

I tell people that a good thing to think of is that you have a basketball, or other round object and a plank of wood as wide as your feet in the floorboard (don't do it literally, use imagination, this isn't a MT82 fix!). Make your feet move as if you are pushing down on one side of the plank while letting up on the other. Get used to that motion and it will become second nature.

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Closed Thread

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Ford Mustang Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a VALID email address for yourself, otherwise you will not receive the necessary confirmation email needed to confirm, validate and activate your new AFM member account.

Failure to provide a VALID email address, will result in the cancellation of your new AFM member account registration.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page