The moderators on this site **** - Page 3 - Ford Mustang Forum
Closed Thread
 
LinkBack Thread Tools
BOSS Member
S197 Member
 
randeez11's Avatar
 
Joined: Jun 2010
Location: Windsor
Posts: 4,842
 
I like this site.Maybe things arent perfect. But what is ? Sometimes if you complain enough, you can manage to screw up the best of things. Cant please everyone all of the time, ever. You can come on here or not come on here at your leasure. Its free. and its non profit. And Im satisfied with it.


2011 GT. Grabber Blue. Procharged. 3:73 manual.Billit LCA's. Corsa Extremes. GT 500 wheels. Racemaster DR's. T-56 Tremec. Dynotech DS . Centerforce DF. American Racing headers/high flow cats 560 rwhp.Donny Walsh tuned

2012 Pony Package. Race Red.3:31 automatic.BBK longtubes and catted X.FRPP Sport axlebacks. BBK throttle body. Dynotech DS. Brembo wheels and tires. Strut tower brace. Airraid CAI. Bama tuned.
randeez11 is offline  
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
MACH I Member
 
PW_Pony's Avatar
 
Joined: Oct 2012
Location: Mount Vernon
Posts: 2,819
 
Really impressed this thread has made it this far.

Sent from AutoGuide.com Free App


| 2012 | Base | Performance White | 3.7 | MT82 | 2.73 | FRPP Sport Axlebacks | BMR lcas on the way
PW_Pony is offline  
GT Member
 
2005 white s197's Avatar
 
Joined: Nov 2007
Location: Clearwater
Posts: 1,018
 
Its a shame to lose a Made Member for any reason, one that has threaded 96 times and 1,517 posts means he was active. Some where in his post's someone learned something. Maybe it would benefit us all if we could have the Mods look into this matter a little further................My 2 cents.
2005 white s197 is offline  
 
PONY Member
5.0L Member
 
carlg's Avatar
 
Joined: Dec 2011
Location: Philadelphia
Posts: 560
 
Quote:
Originally Posted by randeez11 View Post
I like this site.Maybe things arent perfect. But what is ? Sometimes if you complain enough, you can manage to screw up the best of things. Cant please everyone all of the time, ever. You can come on here or not come on here at your leasure. Its free. and its non profit. And Im satisfied with it.
I'm not sure it's non profit. Check out those ads to your right. Every time you click on one, they're attaching a cookie to your browser and if you buy something, the site owners are most likely collecting a commission.

2016 GT/CS. Automatic, convertible. So far 100% stock!
carlg is offline  
SITE ADMINISTRATOR
Mustang II Member
V6 Member
4.6L Member
5.0L Member
S197 Member
 
kenv's Avatar
 
Joined: Jan 2007
Location: Levittown
Posts: 13,071
                     
I am going to leave this up at least for the rest of the night. I deleted the OP`s other thread because I know what would have happened. By morning there would have been 15 pages with folks flaming each other over engine choices. I don`t make the site rules, I just enforce them. Otherwise there would be complete anarchy as on some other sites.

Most folks know that there are site rules here, but as most places, a lot of people either don`t read them, or don`t care. Enforcing the rules is not being a forum Nazi, its just keeping the site a place where enthusiasts can come, exchange ideas & have fun. We don`t just out & out ban a member for an infraction. It can be done, but everyone is entitled to a mistake & we give warnings. The OP in this case has two pages of warnings from different moderators. Some folks just have suicidal tendencies (metaphorically speaking), & just go out of their way to get kicked off a site. I don`t have admin powers to permaban a member, but trust me, I can & do go back to really offensive members & extend their "time out" ban for as long as needed. I can/will enforce the rules here to try to keep this site a place where people will want to come & enjoy their cars, & not a place where there is a bunch of cliques & others are looked down on because of what they drive. This is also a family oriented site, where you can for the most part, have your children learn about this American icon- the Ford Mustang. Sorry for the long rant, & I have probably forgot a few things, but I will post a thread with the site rules so everyone can be refreshed.

In closing, I thank those members who support us (the moderators) we appreciate it & as stated we all do this for free. I am one of the few that are working the site these days, so if I miss anything, or if any member has a problem with something I do, feel free to PM me. I am not infallible, never said I was. Those who choose not to follow the rules are cordially & respectfully invited to move on to greener pastures. It seems that there are new members joining every day, so we want to make this a place they want to keep coming back to.

2013 GT CONVERTIBLE GHIG
2015 F-150 King Ranch crew cab

Dogs are not our whole lives, but they make our lives whole.
Saving one dog will not change the world, but surely for that one dog, the world will change forever.
AFM SITE ADMINISTRATOR

NEVER APOLOGIZE FOR BEING PATRIOTIC!
kenv is offline  
old_goat
Guest
 
old_goat's Avatar
 
Posts: n/a
Quote:
Originally Posted by 2013MustangGT View Post
You seem like a ***** tbh...he's just expressing his viewpoint. Why snitch like a girl?
I posted why a couple of posts back.

No doubt remedial reading is your friend.

I would be more than glad to debate you about this, however we will do it at my level, not yours. So go ahead and keep telling people to STFU and such, this thread will most likely be removed and/or cleaned up, because others will have also reported this thread.

There are better ways to handle a moderator one has problems with beside making a thread like this and handling things in this manner.

Last edited by kenv; 05-16-2013 at 02:23 AM.
PONY Member
 
banjostang's Avatar
 
Joined: Apr 2011
Location: Augusta
Posts: 284
 
Quote:
Originally Posted by 2013MustangGT
You seem like a ***** tbh...he's just expressing his viewpoint. Why snitch like a girl?

Dude, what's up with all the hatin' on the ladies? Never really thought the fairer sex was prone to "snitching" any more than guys. I'm confused. Unless you meant snatc...uh never mind, but if you meant that then I'm really confused.

I did try joining the Al Qaeda Miata forum, but got booted due to their "all imperialists dogs must grow a large beard requirement". I also don't believe that their trunk full of C4 mod puts out near the torque they say it does...


Life is short, this is just a car forum.
to the mods spending their time trying to assist the discussions.

The Dude Abides.
banjostang is offline  
SHELBY GT 350 Member
 
Yadkin's Avatar
 
Joined: Apr 2011
Location: Yadkin Valley
Posts: 6,142
 
Garage
What does the OP have against hair?

2005 4.0 MT dual exhaust GT mufflers GT suspension and wheels
Yadkin is offline  
SHELBY GT 350 Member
V6 Member
5.0L Member
S197 Member
 
Asphalt Cowboy's Avatar
 
Joined: Aug 2010
Location: French Riviera
Posts: 6,960
 
Quote:
Originally Posted by JBert View Post
I guess this is a test to see how quickly you will be banned?

If you actually have some constructive point, it might be more effective if you actually expressed it.
+1
Quote:
Originally Posted by Blazin72 View Post
I think they are actually trying to put threads where they belong. Many people are just used to basically posting wherever they want. Now that there is some semblance of rule enforcement some people are getting upset.
Agreed 100%.
Quote:
Originally Posted by randeez11 View Post
I like this site.Maybe things arent perfect. But what is ? Sometimes if you complain enough, you can manage to screw up the best of things. Cant please everyone all of the time, ever. You can come on here or not come on here at your leasure. Its free. and its non profit. And Im satisfied with it.
I feel the same way Randeez.


2011 Ford Mustang V8 5.0 GT/CS Black Coupe MT - (Mods in my profile, too many to list here...)
"Don't wait for tomorrow to look back and wish for today": In Memory of a great guy: Pcfrisch.
Asphalt Cowboy is offline  
F91
GT Member
5.0L Member
 
F91's Avatar
 
Joined: Jun 2010
Location: Port Orchard
Posts: 2,305
 
Garage
Weird! The OP has been on my ignore list for over a year. Something happen?:smilie

2011 GT | MT82 | 3.73 | Brembos | Barton | Airaid | CDC chin | Corsa X pipe & Xtremes | DSS Aluminum Shaft | BMR Rear loop & LCA relocating brackets | J&M Extreme LCA | Koni Yellows | Steeda Sports | UMI Panhard | SCT & BAMA
"Yo, nutsack! Let me tell you something, man, muscle beats import every time. You know what I'm saying? Every time!" - Dwight
F91 is offline  
GT Member
 
T3RM1N8R's Avatar
 
Joined: Dec 2010
Location: Las Vegas
Posts: 2,448
 
The reality is that this section of the site gets the most traffic. Period.

All the other sections are basically dead, so moving threads to those sections is killing off those threads.

Many people post threads in this section even though technically they may not belong here. They do that in order to actually get legitimate traffic and posts in their thread. Not only that, but the majority of members are in 2011+ talk section anyway, and the thread creators want their feed back and their views. So moving threads to dead sections of the forums is useless. It would be fine if this site had traffic all over the place, and those sections werent dead... Thats not the case though.

For example when a member got a Ford Taurus SHO and posted it here, it was locked and or moved to another section. Pretty stupid if you ask me, especially since the OP wanted feedback and responses from people in this section, mainly the members he has been interacting with this entire time. So it would make the most sense to post it here.

Kenv, you dont have to go out on a limb and start moving threads around. You here to keep the peace... almost like a baby sitter... but for grown men on the internet.

2014 GT 5.0 | Premium | 401A | Roush A/B
T3RM1N8R is offline  
JeffOden
Guest
 
JeffOden's Avatar
 
Posts: n/a
Hilarious, plenty of other forums out there OP. Life's too short to get that angry over your threads getting moved or closed or getting warnings.
MACH I Member
 
PW_Pony's Avatar
 
Joined: Oct 2012
Location: Mount Vernon
Posts: 2,819
 
Quote:
Originally Posted by banjostang View Post
Quote:
I did try joining the Al Qaeda Miata forum, but got booted due to their "all imperialists dogs must grow a large beard requirement". I also don't believe that their trunk full of C4 mod puts out near the torque they say it does...
They told me it would blow my mind!

Sent from AutoGuide.com Free App

| 2012 | Base | Performance White | 3.7 | MT82 | 2.73 | FRPP Sport Axlebacks | BMR lcas on the way
PW_Pony is offline  
Apprentice
 
StangFan25's Avatar
 
Joined: Jul 2012
Location: midwest
Posts: 187
 
Quote:
Originally Posted by kenv View Post
I am going to leave this up at least for the rest of the night. I deleted the OP`s other thread because I know what would have happened. By morning there would have been 15 pages with folks flaming each other over engine choices. I don`t make the site rules, I just enforce them. Otherwise there would be complete anarchy as on some other sites.

Most folks know that there are site rules here, but as most places, a lot of people either don`t read them, or don`t care. Enforcing the rules is not being a forum Nazi, its just keeping the site a place where enthusiasts can come, exchange ideas & have fun. We don`t just out & out ban a member for an infraction. It can be done, but everyone is entitled to a mistake & we give warnings. The OP in this case has two pages of warnings from different moderators. Some folks just have suicidal tendencies (metaphorically speaking), & just go out of their way to get kicked off a site. I don`t have admin powers to permaban a member, but trust me, I can & do go back to really offensive members & extend their "time out" ban for as long as needed. I can/will enforce the rules here to try to keep this site a place where people will want to come & enjoy their cars, & not a place where there is a bunch of cliques & others are looked down on because of what they drive. This is also a family oriented site, where you can for the most part, have your children learn about this American icon- the Ford Mustang. Sorry for the long rant, & I have probably forgot a few things, but I will post a thread with the site rules so everyone can be refreshed.

In closing, I thank those members who support us (the moderators) we appreciate it & as stated we all do this for free. I am one of the few that are working the site these days, so if I miss anything, or if any member has a problem with something I do, feel free to PM me. I am not infallible, never said I was. Those who choose not to follow the rules are cordially & respectfully invited to move on to greener pastures. It seems that there are new members joining every day, so we want to make this a place they want to keep coming back to.
Not in direct reference to this particular case, but maybe in the future, instead of just deleting threads, maybe locking it and explaining why? I know I'd hate to log on looking for replies to my thread only to wonder where it went. Just an idea.


2011 V6 Convertible Kona Blue I Billet Grille
Ford Racing exhaust I Ford Racing M5300N Springs
Airaid CAI I Bama 91 Hybrid Tune
Koni STR.T Shocks
American Racing Bullit Chrome 18" Wheels
255/45/18 Pilot Sport A/S Plus
StangFan25 is offline  
SITE ADMINISTRATOR
Mustang II Member
V6 Member
4.6L Member
5.0L Member
S197 Member
 
kenv's Avatar
 
Joined: Jan 2007
Location: Levittown
Posts: 13,071
                     
Quote:
Originally Posted by StangFan25 View Post
Not in direct reference to this particular case, but maybe in the future, instead of just deleting threads, maybe locking it and explaining why? I know I'd hate to log on looking for replies to my thread only to wonder where it went. Just an idea.
Normally, I just lock the thread (depending on how far downhill it went with flaming/bashing/language etc.), But the owners like to delete a lot of bad threads for bandwidth space. I will keep locking threads that are problem threads until I am instructed to do otherwise. As you alluded to, some of the threads have some very informative info in them that would be of great help to members, but some folks just make it impossible to leave it up.

PS: If I delete a thread & forget to put a reason, please PM me & I will go back & fix that, or at least tell you why I can`t. As I`ve said, I`m certainly not infallible.


2013 GT CONVERTIBLE GHIG
2015 F-150 King Ranch crew cab

Dogs are not our whole lives, but they make our lives whole.
Saving one dog will not change the world, but surely for that one dog, the world will change forever.
AFM SITE ADMINISTRATOR

NEVER APOLOGIZE FOR BEING PATRIOTIC!
kenv is offline  
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
Closed Thread

Quick Reply
Message:
Options

Register Now



In order to be able to post messages on the Ford Mustang Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:


Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a VALID email address for yourself, otherwise you will not receive the necessary confirmation email needed to confirm, validate and activate your new AFM member account.

Failure to provide a VALID email address, will result in the cancellation of your new AFM member account registration.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in










Thread Tools
Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page



Posting Rules  
You may post new threads
You may post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are On

 
For the best viewing experience please update your browser to Google Chrome
 


Search Engine Friendly URLs by vBSEO 3.6.1