Which wheels to go with? - Ford Mustang Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 13 (permalink) Old 05-15-2013 Thread Starter
Rookie

Which wheels to go with?

Hey guys.....wondering if i can get some opinions on some wheels. Finally got some money and desperately want to get rid of the base gt wheels. I own a black 2013 gt and im looking for some opinions and suggestions for wheels. What do you guys like? What do you think would look the best?

Right now im looking at americanmuscle GT500 replicas
Gloss Black 2013 Style GT500 Mustang Wheel - 19x10 (05-14 All) - Free Shipping!

Motegi racing mr120
Tire Rack - Your performance experts for tires and wheels

Forgestar F14
Matte Black Forgestar F14 Mustang Wheel - 19x10 (05-14) 1910F14MATTEBLACK051 - Free Shipping!

I kind of want to stick with black or matte black wheels especially since i rock a black car. What do you guys think about the above selection? Any other wheels i should look at?

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 13 (permalink) Old 05-15-2013
GT Member

I got a set of these
http://www.konigwheels.com/Konig-Hom...-Wheels/BEYOND
I got 18x8.5s Still gotta get tires though.

"Do not taunt Happy Fun Ball"

post #3 of 13 (permalink) Old 05-15-2013
Apprentice

That's a pretty big price difference... What about SVE drift or RTR?

Sent from AutoGuide.com Free App

2013 Mustang GT Brembo, 3.73, Steeda Sport Springs, Koni Str.t, GT500 mounts, BMR Adj. Panhard, BMR LCA, BMR Relocation Brackets, MGW Shifter, FRPP Sport Axle Backs, C&L CAI, Bama tuned, Roush Upper & Lower Grilles, CS Foglights and loving every minute...

post #4 of 13 (permalink) Old 05-15-2013
PONY Member

I think black on black is a little too much, but that's just my taste. I would look at some gunmetal finishes or even a flat silver or something, these cars look great with more contrast.

Sent from AutoGuide.com App

2012 GT Premium - 401A - 6MT - 3.73s - Steeda CAI and Tune - Steeda Q-Series Hood - Forgestar CF5s - SVT Brembo Brakes - BOSS Brake Ducts - MGW Shifter - GT500 Axlebacks - BOSS Side Exit Exhuast - Eibach Prokit Springs - Adjustable Panhard Bar - BOSS Strut Tower Brace
post #5 of 13 (permalink) Old 05-15-2013
Rookie

Love the gt500 wheels for the $$.
post #6 of 13 (permalink) Old 05-15-2013
PONY Member
5.0L Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by DW Burnett View Post
I think black on black is a little too much, but that's just my taste. I would look at some gunmetal finishes or even a flat silver or something, these cars look great with more contrast.

Plus one here! I think if I had black, I would be looking for a chrome lip, just so everything is not completely black.

My personal taste if I had black would be to get the black deep dish bullitts with the chrome lip.

2016 GT/CS. Automatic, convertible. So far 100% stock!
post #7 of 13 (permalink) Old 05-15-2013
PONY Member
5.0L Member
S197 Member

Heavier wheels take more energy to spin up, reducing acceleration. My Forgestars are an ave of 9# lighter each than OE's and the car is noticeably a bit quicker. Most of the weight is at the outside of the circumference, so the larger the diameter of the wheel will have a negative effect as well. Some Forgestar, TSW, Enkei and Vorshlag models offer fairly lightweight wheels for the $. The OE's are ~ 30#.

2012 GT Prem Cp, Kona w/MT-82, 401A, 3.73's & HID/Sec. GT-500 Spoiler & OE sidescoops. FR Pwr Upgrd & FR3 Adj Hndl Packs. MaxMoto CC plates. BMR Adj Panhard. 255/45 and 285/40-18 Conti DW's on silver Forgestar CF5's.Tint, clear bra, CDC Dead Pedal, JLT Oil Separator and Black in Back.

Ordered 3/18/11. Built 5/4. ETA 5/22. Arrived 5/24.
post #8 of 13 (permalink) Old 05-15-2013
SHELBY GT 350 Member
V6 Member
5.0L Member
S197 Member

2013 GT500's & Forgestar F14 are both nice, not an easy choice... I also love the RTR & SVE. You must have a preference, go with that.
Whatever you choose, you can't go wrong between these wheels. But one thing to consider is if you want staggered wheels or not, I wanted all corners the same, so I can rotate all wheels.

2011 Ford Mustang V8 5.0 GT/CS Black Coupe MT - (Mods in my profile, too many to list here...)
"Don't wait for tomorrow to look back and wish for today": In Memory of a great guy: Pcfrisch.
post #9 of 13 (permalink) Old 05-16-2013
Apprentice

I went with the black deep dish bullitts from AM and I think they look great. They do slow down the car tho.

2011 GT
Apprentice
5.0L Member

Do something different..GT500's, SVE's, Forgestars, RTR's...yes they all look good but make the car yours and set it apart from the crowd.

2011 Sterling Gray GT Premium, Manual, Brembo :nogrinner
MACH I Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by DW Burnett View Post

I agree with this statement. The car looks a bit "dull" with the black on black, 0 contrast look, unless a person goes for the completely "murdered-out" black car.

The F14's are nice because of they are forged, which means lighter wheels and crisper lines on the wheels.

Also, the Motegi link didn't work for me, try this one: http://www.tirerack.com/wheels/Wheel...=Black+Painted

2012 Black 3.7L
=Performance Package

BOSS Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by ATLstang29 View Post
Hey guys.....wondering if i can get some opinions on some wheels. Finally got some money and desperately want to get rid of the base gt wheels. I own a black 2013 gt and im looking for some opinions and suggestions for wheels. What do you guys like? What do you think would look the best?

Right now im looking at americanmuscle GT500 replicas
Gloss Black 2013 Style GT500 Mustang Wheel - 19x10 (05-14 All) - Free Shipping!

Motegi racing mr120
Tire Rack - Your performance experts for tires and wheels

Forgestar F14
Matte Black Forgestar F14 Mustang Wheel - 19x10 (05-14) 1910F14MATTEBLACK051 - Free Shipping!

I kind of want to stick with black or matte black wheels especially since i rock a black car. What do you guys think about the above selection? Any other wheels i should look at?
This is definitely a wide verity! I'm a huge fan of the Forgestar F14's, they look great on just about any year and color. However, they're a bit more pricey then your other options!

The 2013 GT500 Replica Wheels are also really cool. They're a new style so you definitely have the unique factor there! I honestly don't think you can go wrong, IMO they're both going to look great.

Please let me know if you have any questions or need some assistance in the near future! Our Mustang Experts are here Monday-Friday from 9AM-9PM EST and Saturdays from 9AM-5:30PM EST. If you want to hit them up, their number is 866.727.1266. I can also have one of them call you directly.

-Dan

Dan Bailer | AmericanMuscle.com
Toll Free: 866.727.1266 | M-F 9AM-9PM EST | Sat 9AM-5:30PM EST
Bama Hotline: 888.226.9764 | M-F 9AM-5:30PM EST | Sat 9AM-5:30PM EST
Free Same-Day Shipping!
Rookie
4.6L Member
S197 Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by 2VipeRS View Post
I agree with this statement. The car looks a bit "dull" with the black on black, 0 contrast look, unless a person goes for the completely "murdered-out" black car.

The F14's are nice because of they are forged, which means lighter wheels and crisper lines on the wheels.

Also, the Motegi link didn't work for me, try this one: MOTEGI RACING MR120 Black Painted
I'm a huge Forgestar fan however, they are not forged. They are rotary forged... completely different. Next step would be roll formed forged then you have forged. OP, take a look at the Avant Gardes. I've pushed a lot of these wheels, the quality is great and the cost is nice.

Wheels - Avant Garde Wheels - AG Function - AG Form

Stay in the Avant Garde section, don't veer into the Forged section unless you want to spend 4k for a set! lol
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Closed Thread

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Ford Mustang Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a VALID email address for yourself, otherwise you will not receive the necessary confirmation email needed to confirm, validate and activate your new AFM member account.

Failure to provide a VALID email address, will result in the cancellation of your new AFM member account registration.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page