To those of you who left Bama Tunes - Page 9 - Ford Mustang Forum
View Poll Results: Which Tunes Should I Go With?
Stick with BAMA Tunes 27 40.91%
Go with C&L Tunes 1 1.52%
Go with Lund Tunes 8 12.12%
Go with MPT Tunes 20 30.30%
Go with Steeda Tunes 10 15.15%
Voters: 66. You may not vote on this poll

LinkBack Thread Tools
BOSS Member
S197 Member

I still have a Bama tune on my car. Sure other tunes may offer more. But in the end, its a V6 Mustang. And I never did, and never will expect a tune to transform it into a GT 500. I do know that my Bama tune makes the car perform much better than it did stock. Not trying to provoke argument. Im sure you can always tune a car better, to a point ,and get more out of it.But it is still only a tune. Personally, I prefer to be satisfied with a good tune, from a reputable source. If I decide I want more, I mean more, Ill spend some coin and get some real results. Can you say P r o c h a r g e r ?
Sorry for the rant. Couldnt resist. But serious power costs $$$

2011 GT. Grabber Blue. Procharged. 3:73 manual.Billit LCA's. Corsa Extremes. GT 500 wheels. Racemaster DR's. T-56 Tremec. Dynotech DS . Centerforce DF. American Racing headers/high flow cats 560 rwhp.Donny Walsh tuned

2012 Pony Package. Race Red.3:31 automatic.BBK longtubes and catted X.FRPP Sport axlebacks. BBK throttle body. Dynotech DS. Brembo wheels and tires. Strut tower brace. Airraid CAI. Bama tuned.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

SHELBY GT 350 Member
V6 Member
S197 Member

I don't remember if I responded to this thread, and I'm a little too lazy to sift through 9 pages to see if I did. :p I transitioned from Bama to MPT a few months back and have been extremely pleased with the results. Pretty big difference! I am not really convinced that much more can be dragged out of a tune now, unless I pull the factory exhaust heads and cats, and (maybe) toss in some ported cylinder heads and new cams (not sure the cost is worth it), then tweak it a little more from there. Otherwise, I'm down to weight reduction techniques. The car feels very near perfect as is. I'd like a little more low-end torque and quicker acceleration, but don't necessarily need it. She's plenty brutal for a 6-banger! My final impression, now that I've tried a handful of Bama tunes including some after datalogging, and an MPT tune after data logging, is that Bama appears to "play it safe," whereas MPT rides the edge of insanity. So far nothing has "popped" as the result of my tune, and it's been nothing but fun. Honestly, I don't really need any serious power adder(s) either, though I am considering going on "the gas" eventually, if I ever officially 1/4 mile her. Othewise, the 3.7 is too well balanced to monkey with too much. She's the most fun in the mountain twisties. I don't need no stinking V8!

PONY Member
V6 Member
S197 Member

Garage
I have used bama tunes for a long time without any of the problems that some of you guys are having. Of course my car does have the manual transmission maybe that's the difference. I have run everything from the hybrid to 87 p which I am currently running right now using 93 octane fuel. The hybrid and the 93 race tune performed well in my car which reminds me that I have been meaning to change back to the hybrid. Might run across a a Camaro who wants some lol.

Preacherman

Rookie

I believe another great tune would be AED. I've worked with them and they are amazing at helping out and answering all my questions. I can't even count the emails I've sent and I've always got a response that was more than helpful and they've always done anything they can for me. I would look into them as well. I had the bama tune and it was pretty good but I switched and in the 1/4 mile the difference is 2-3 tenths and 2-3MPH faster.
PONY Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by jlawrence613 View Post
What has been your new tuner of choice? After many years of running the Bama 93 Race/Hybrid tunes, I am now leaning on the MPT tune.

I'm making a last ditch effort to shed another .10 or 2 in the 1/4 mile. I've made about 2 dozen passes and feel as though Bama tune is where it is. I've datalogged with them and was told everything seems normal. That may very well be the case. But No harm in seeing what else is out there. Especially considering the SCT handheld tuners now hold up to 10 tunes, I can finally mix and match my tunes with less steps in between.

So what say you? Especially you guys with Autos. MPT, Steeda, C&L, Lund?

I need to get my new tunes up and running before our June 2nd shindig.
I don't have a tune in my 2014 GT yet ,but for an automatic car all my research points to Roush being the best. Talked to other Auto. owners and more of them mention Roush more than any other tune.
PONY Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by V6 Cannonballer View Post
Dan,

Thank you for chiming in. I'm still a Bama customer and would really like to remain one. For now I'm fine, as I do not use my car for any kind of competition, but I am curious to see what folks come up with and would like to know I have the best possible tune. Frankly, all the positive talk I'm seeing about MPT and Steeda, especially from tried and true folks like the current NA kings, have me on the fence. Please give us Bama customers a reason to get off that fence!
Just curious, is that the old Bama tune or the new V2?
Apprentice

I had a BAMA tune on my 2013 GT auto and it ran fine on 91, but then I went to a professional tuner guy,and it was night an day difference..

BOSS Member

Garage
Lund is hard to beat.

Shadow Black 2018 GT 10R80-355
GT Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gwar View Post
I had a BAMA tune on my 2013 GT auto and it ran fine on 91, but then I went to a professional tuner guy,and it was night an day difference..
what improved with your dyno tune?

"night and day"

i wonder if we sometimes exaggerate things....just a bit?

2012 V6 Auto / MPT Performance-Street Tune (5.0 Killa)

PONY Member

Switching from BAMA to MAP was the best thing I did to the car. Gained power, and it actually drives nice and shift correctly.

Guy on another forum just gained 28rwhp from swapping from a bama to MAP tune, and had same experience of car running better.

2012 Candy Red GT Premium
2006 Corvette Z06
BOSS Member

Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jazzcat View Post
i wonder if we sometimes exaggerate things....just a bit?
Sometimes? That's what forums do best.
GT Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blazin72 View Post
Sometimes? That's what forums do best.

2012 V6 Auto / MPT Performance-Street Tune (5.0 Killa)

PONY Member

I think a lot of these guys are referring to the old Bama tunes . Not the V2's. The new Bama V2's are right up there with the best out there.
PONY Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by bodon View Post
I think a lot of these guys are referring to the old Bama tunes . Not the V2's. The new Bama V2's are right up there with the best out there.
Sorry but that's incorrect. There are still better tuners out there.

2015 Mustang GT Premium Sold

2011 Mustang GT Premium Sold

2003 Mach1 Sold
2.3 Whipple, fully built motor with all the bolt-ons 718 rwhp/735 rwtq Sold
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Ford Mustang Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a VALID email address for yourself, otherwise you will not receive the necessary confirmation email needed to confirm, validate and activate your new AFM member account.

Failure to provide a VALID email address, will result in the cancellation of your new AFM member account registration.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page