tinted my foglights!!!!! - Ford Mustang Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 8 (permalink) Old 06-10-2013 Thread Starter
Apprentice

tinted my foglights!!!!!

I love it, even though it was a huge pain in da ass.

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 8 (permalink) Old 06-10-2013
GT Member

Looks really good, but too old school for me. Kinda what they did in the 1960's.

post #3 of 8 (permalink) Old 06-10-2013
PONY Member

Nice look. I changed my bulbs out to yellow for the same effect.

Received 7/2/10: 11' GT base with 3.73,
Installed: Steeda CAI, SCT, Steeda tune, GT500 axlebacks, SVT leather wheel, Infinity Kappas, Boston amp, Bazooka powered sub, yellow fog light bulbs, dark front corner lights, GT500 splash guards, tint, SVE Drift matte 18"x9" wheels with 265/40s and SVE 1" drop springs, Koni Yellow, HP+ pads, brake duct coolers with CS front lower and splitter
Bought and soon to be installed: Edelbrock E-force stage 2
Stable: 14 SHO, 10 Road Glide

post #4 of 8 (permalink) Old 06-10-2013
PONY Member

I reallllly like the way they turned out. Fits perfectly with the retro styling of the current gen Mustang.

Tim

Mustang base coupe, V6, manual transmission, Red Candy tint, performance package.

Upgrades: DSS aluminum driveshaft, BMR LCA's, Yukon 3.73 gears, MGW shifter.

Displaying 3.7 fender badges is like telling everyone your wife is "office hot."

post #5 of 8 (permalink) Old 06-11-2013
PONY Member
S197 Member

I tinted my foglights last year. If you take out your fogs, its a lot easier to install the vinyl film. I soaked mine in warm, soapy water, then placed each film on the center of each fog light lamp. Using a blow drier and a credit card, push out bubbles from the center to each edge, using the blow drier to heat the vinyl and remove any creases. Once you have one segment stuck, the rest of the vinyl is easier. If you mess up, spray soap solution underneith the tint, and reposition, start over.

post #6 of 8 (permalink) Old 06-11-2013
PONY Member

Looks great...Cool plate too.

2011 Mustang GT Premium Package, Candy Red, Security Pkg
Mods to Date; Vortech V3 Supercharged/Intercooled/9 lb boost, JLT Blow through intake, Tial 50mm Race BOV, K & N Breathers, JPC RACING Tuned,Vortech Boost A Pump, TREMEC Magnum T56 Magnum, Mcleod RST twin clutch, Upgraded clutch line,Modular flywheel, Aluminum Driveshaft,Borla ATAK Exhaust, Eibach Pro Springs,Adjustable Panhard,Raxiom Halo lights, Raxiom tail lights, GT/CS 19 inch wheels,LED Boost Guage, PLX Kiwi wideband
post #7 of 8 (permalink) Old 06-18-2013
PONY Member

I just tinted mine the other day. It actually was a piece of cake, following the instructions to the letter from AM. Maybe I was just lucky.

2011 GT Premium 6M convertible. Sterling Gray w/401A package, charcoal seats w/grabber blue stripe. Security package. Roush front fascia, splitter and rear wing. Black bullit wheels with 18x9 front, 18x10 rear. FRPP suspension. FRPP x-pipe. Roush axle-back exhaust w/square tips. JLT carbon fiber CAI with custom tune. Carbon fiber engine cover & coil pack covers.
post #8 of 8 (permalink) Old 06-19-2013
Rookie

Yellow Fog Tint

Liked the vintage look imparted by the yellow tint. Got a small roll of film from Amazon.

Wish I could find a polished metal bezel cover to go over the entire fog surround. The items on the car are just narrow strips off e-bay.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_0709.jpg
Views:	190
Size:	573.7 KB
ID:	237665   Click image for larger version

Name:	1.jpg
Views:	94
Size:	19.0 KB
ID:	237729  

JH 3
2012 RaceRed GT Premium, Brembo, 3.55, GT500 Axle-backs
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Ford Mustang Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a VALID email address for yourself, otherwise you will not receive the necessary confirmation email needed to confirm, validate and activate your new AFM member account.

Failure to provide a VALID email address, will result in the cancellation of your new AFM member account registration.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page