Depreciation on a 2013 gt/cs convertible - Page 3 - Ford Mustang Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools
Apprentice

Quote:
Originally Posted by newponyboy04 View Post
to get something safer for the child? keeping something ou want vs getting something you need is selfish.
I'm not sure how other cars would be safer. This isn't meant to be mean or insulting, I just don't get it. The mustang has a 4/5 star crash test rating and is overall a very safe car. What would make the other cars safer other than just a placebo effect cause it's larger?

By all means though, the larger cars ARE more practical, easier to get kids in and out of, etc. And if the OP would prefer to get it, that's his choice and more power to him (or her).

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

MACH I Member

Quote:
i love how most people who said he will "lose" money fail to realized THEY themself lost money once they drove their car off the lot lol. if he wants a bigger car let him get it. why try and tell him to keep his car when he wants something better? he has plenty of other opportunity to buy another stang later on.

i have nothing against stangs but i still think keeping a car you want vs getting something you need is a bit selfish. non of us need a stang. its fun but i would sell mine in a heart beat. if i needed too.
None of us really need suvs either. Plenty of really fast sedans out there if you must get a grocery getter.

Sent from AutoGuide.com Free App

| 2012 | Base | Performance White | 3.7 | MT82 | 2.73 | FRPP Sport Axlebacks | BMR lcas on the way
PONY Member

Quote:
i love how most people who said he will "lose" money fail to realized THEY themself lost money once they drove their car off the lot lol. if he wants a bigger car let him get it. why try and tell him to keep his car when he wants something better? he has plenty of other opportunity to buy another stang later on.

i have nothing against stangs but i still think keeping a car you want vs getting something you need is a bit selfish. non of us need a stang. its fun but i would sell mine in a heart beat. if i needed too.
You only lose money if you trade it. Depreciation means nothing until you sell it. In his case he's gonna take the worst part of the hit.

He'll end up getting a ford escape and have a loan amount of a gt500. Not cool at all.

Sent from AutoGuide.com Free App

Apprentice
5.0L Member

This thread cracks me up. OP -- sell the car if you must, but don't trade it in if you're going to get snookered like that. The dealer is going off KBB trade in values for your car (and low-balling to boot) for the US, but you didn't pay the US price for the car. Sell the car privately or go to another dealer if you're intent on getting rid of it. If I still had a baby-aged child and only one vehicle, it probably wouldn't be a GT/CS. It's just not practical for babies, though it can be done. Now a Focus ST, however... that's a different story all together

Here's my question... if you can afford 48K for a GT/CS vert, why not... get a second ride? Something pedestrian, used, and cheap. Four grand buys a lot of car. Plus paying cash means you don't have to carry collision insurance (at least in the States I don't know how it works in your country that is 45 minutes away.)

Silver - the fastest color.

2013 Mustang GT P 6M: Second Generation MT-82, Barton shifter and bracket, Catch can, MMD hood struts, Blendmount, Bama 93R. Next up - Headers and off-road X pipe, axle backs.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Replica: $400? No. I'm good. Stock one is fine. It throttles and bodies just fine.
Rawbeef:
Sorry to pile on... But is your wife named Bubba?
GT Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by R4z3r View Post
I'm not sure how other cars would be safer. This isn't meant to be mean or insulting, I just don't get it. The mustang has a 4/5 star crash test rating and is overall a very safe car. What would make the other cars safer other than just a placebo effect cause it's larger?

By all means though, the larger cars ARE more practical, easier to get kids in and out of, etc. And if the OP would prefer to get it, that's his choice and more power to him (or her).
because its been proven over and over that the safest place for a child to sit is in the middle of the back seat. correct me if im wrong (which im not) mustangs dont have a middle back seat. i can name many instances where a sedan/suv/truck are alot safer for a child than a pony car. i never said the mustang wasnt safe, i said "to get a safER car"

a man's most expensive hobby started with a 97 cent hotwheels

1999 saleen s281sc vert 11k miles #261/421 built 1/170 vert 1/10 exact combo
2000 Roush v6 sport 78k miles
Apprentice

I would never trade or sell my stang for a 15k hit lol. That's just not financially smart in any situation new kid on the way or not. You can find an "SUV" all day for 10k why not just get a slightly used one? I just don't see how that big of a hit is beneficial imo.

2012 Race red, 6mt, 3.73s, Roush ABs :shiny:, Bbk Xpipe, Resonator Deletes, Eibach Pro Kit, J&m adj panhard, steeda intake bama tune, AM shifter, Saleen Replica wheels and Nitto tars!
PONY Member

What you need for a safe family and kid hauler is a Explorer. How about the twin turbo Explorer Sport Ecoboost. Not exactly a Stang, but it could still be fun and give you what you want as far as safety and capacity......It's going to cost you either way! best regards Plum
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Tags
2013 , california special , depreciation

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Ford Mustang Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a VALID email address for yourself, otherwise you will not receive the necessary confirmation email needed to confirm, validate and activate your new AFM member account.

Failure to provide a VALID email address, will result in the cancellation of your new AFM member account registration.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page