Any solution for softening door slam? - Page 2 - Ford Mustang Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #16 of 32 (permalink) Old 06-18-2013 Thread Starter
Apprentice

Aside from asking EVERY SINGLE PERSON EVERY SINGLE TIME not to slam the door, anyone have any thought as to HOW to absorb the impact of the door closing? I know it's a tough question!

'12 GT Premium, Race Red, 6spd, Roush 575SC, JLT Oil Catch Can, MGW shifter, Eibach Pro springs, FRPP Jounce kit, Steeda Adj UCA, Shaftmasters Aluminum DS, J&M Adj Panhard, UPR PH Brace, J&M LCA's, Black C stripe, 1/4 louvers, Boss spoiler w fogs, 19" staggered Chrome GT500's, MGP Caliper covers, 7 bar AM Grill, rear camera
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

PONY Member
5.0L Member
S197 Member

BMW has a soft close door feature but it is integrated into the latch. I wonder if a small gas shock/dampener could be used? Like a small hood strut??

klp
Apprentice

Quote:
Originally Posted by djhayes1963 View Post
+1, fiancee continuely accidently slams the door, but is getting better, can overlook this because she is extrmely proficient at something else.
Yeah just wait until you get married

'12 Brembo GT - 6MT, 3.73's, Shaker 1000, HID/Security, Comfort package, Steeda CAI, SCT tuner, Borla axle backs, Barton shifter+bracket, Steeda UCA+mount.

Banned
V6 Member
5.0L Member

Send a message via AIM to tormenting5.0 Send a message via Yahoo to tormenting5.0
Quote:
Originally Posted by Czechstang View Post
Simple solution.......be a gentleman and open/close the door for your female passenger
Yeah...you go ahead and do that when you have a screaming 6 month old 90% of the time. That's good when your courting or it's just the two of you. Add kids to the mix, and you just want the f*** out of the car.
MACH I Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by tormenting5.0 View Post
Yeah...you go ahead and do that when you have a screaming 6 month old 90% of the time. That's good when your courting or it's just the two of you. Add kids to the mix, and you just want the f*** out of the car.
I think I'll skip the screaming baby.

Thankfully I only had to ask the gf once to not shut it with the glass.

There's a reason I bought a car with an unusable back seat. She's the only one that can ride with me!

Sent from AutoGuide.com Free App

| 2012 | Base | Performance White | 3.7 | MT82 | 2.73 | FRPP Sport Axlebacks | BMR lcas on the way
Banned
V6 Member
5.0L Member

Send a message via AIM to tormenting5.0 Send a message via Yahoo to tormenting5.0
Quote:
Originally Posted by PW_Pony View Post
I think I'll skip the screaming baby.

Thankfully I only had to ask the gf once to not shut it with the glass.

There's a reason I bought a car with an unusable back seat. She's the only one that can ride with me!

Lol...well I traded my 05 Explorer for the mustang.....then shorty down the line. We're pregnant! Doh!!! I would've kept the Ex if I knew this was going to happen. But she won't let my trade the stang in. And only my son rides in the back seat.
PONY Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by 5.0 Candy REDCS View Post
We need a vendor to make door stickers that read "Please, do NOT slam the door". Years ago you could buy these said stickers at any Canadian Tire, and most of the time they worked.
My wife was terrible at slamming my door shut, one day I told her, every time you slam the door shut, you can take the subway home from work....she thought I was bluffing, but I followed through, that sure brought instant correction!
"there's a reaction to your action"...funny how fast people can change behaviour!
Let me know how much she gets in the divorce settlement.

2012 GT Premium Coupe 6MT
Kona Blue | Black/Grabber Blue
401A | 3.55 | BBP | CP | SP | EP | GR | HID | RVC | RSS | "Piss 5ohwhoa off"
Delivered 07MAR11
Banned
V6 Member
5.0L Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by hawkeye18 View Post
I bet she gets the mustang!
BOSS Member

Garage
Slamming the door shut doesn't bother me as much as people winging the door open and bouncing it against the open stops.
MACH I Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blazin72 View Post
Slamming the door shut doesn't bother me as much as people winging the door open and bouncing it against the open stops.
I think my biggest peeve with it is people using the window to shut the door.

Thankfully the majority of my friends are car people as well and respect the car.

| 2012 | Base | Performance White | 3.7 | MT82 | 2.73 | FRPP Sport Axlebacks | BMR lcas on the way
GT Member
5.0L Member
S197 Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by hawkeye18 View Post
She understands it's MY ride, she also understands I'm not asking too much when I ask please don't slam the door...she realises she has options too, like take the freaking subway home unless you stop slamming the door, in my case it worked.
I'm not asking for something that's over the top here, have the decency and respect my wishes....
If such a request will lead to a divorce, so be it...plenty of women out there bro.

2011 GTCS Candy Red;Premium leather interior package, Remote start, security package, upgraded speakers, 6MT 3:55. 35% tint all around, Borla "S" axle backs, & clear corners.
The rest is all FORD
PONY Member

don't slam the ...... skip to 58 seconds if you want to

Winnebago Man - YouTube
Apprentice

All the responses has me .

2013 Mustang GT Premium, MT-82
Roush Axlebacks
PONY Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by 5.0 Candy REDCS View Post
She understands it's MY ride, she also understands I'm not asking too much when I ask please don't slam the door...she realises she has options too, like take the freaking subway home unless you stop slamming the door, in my case it worked.
I'm not asking for something that's over the top here, have the decency and respect my wishes....
If such a request will lead to a divorce, so be it...plenty of women out there bro.
True love right there.

Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by discohouse View Post
don't slam the ...... skip to 58 seconds if you want to

Winnebago Man - YouTube
Had to wipe the tears off my face, I wanna work for that guy.

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Ford Mustang Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a VALID email address for yourself, otherwise you will not receive the necessary confirmation email needed to confirm, validate and activate your new AFM member account.

Failure to provide a VALID email address, will result in the cancellation of your new AFM member account registration.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page