New to the V8 World - Page 2 - Ford Mustang Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #16 of 26 (permalink) Old 06-19-2013 Thread Starter
Apprentice
5.0L Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by c_reber View Post
I have a base model, and it has the hill start assist. But it doesn't always work for me. Maybe like someone suggested, you need to have traction/advance trac ON for it to work? Mine is always off:hihi:
I felt the hill assist work a little earlier, the incline just has to be steep enough.

How much is the volume difference if I do headers, no mufflers, and no resonators as opposed to with the resonators on?

Sent from AutoGuide.com Free App

2014 5.0 M6 | 3.73 | GT500 Axleback | Lethal Performance O/R H-pipe | Barton Shifter Bracket | Hypermotive Tune
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by jamison90 View Post
Thanks everyone! How's the power band? Will I feel the low end or high end torque?

The low end torque is a little lacking but a tune will take care of that real quick! Once you get above 3k RPMs, it pulls real nice. The best way to find out about the power band is to drive the hell out of it!

2014 GT Premium, Grabber Blue, 6AT, glass roof, comfort package. Mods to follow shortly...
Apprentice

Quote:
I felt the hill assist work a little earlier, the incline just has to be steep enough.

How much is the volume difference if I do headers, no mufflers, and no resonators as opposed to with the resonators on?

Depends if you're doing long tube headers with an O/R X or H pipe or shorties with cat delete's, etc.

I'm guessing it'll be pretty loud and mean haha.

2014 Mustang GT 5.0 Premium, SGM, 6 speed auto, Brembo package, back up camera.
MODS - 15/30 tint, LMR shorty antenna, JLT oil seperator, GT500 axle backs.
SOON TO BE INSTALLED - Koni sport "yellow" shocks/struts, Steeda Sport springs, Steeda HD upper strut mounts, BMR panhard bar

Apprentice
5.0L Member

Quote:

Nice ride! I bought mine at the same dealership a year and a half ago.

As far as volume goes, I have a muffler delete on mine, and it is pretty loud. I still have factory headers, mid-pipe, and resonators, and it is as loud as I want it to be. What side of town are you on? If you want to hear the setup, let me know, maybe we can set up something.

Enjoy the Stang!

Current - 2012 GT Premium, Black, Brembo Brake Package
On order - 2015 GT Premium, Magnetic, 400A, Ceramic, Performance Package
Ordered - 10/18
Built - 11/18
In Transit - 11/19

Apprentice

Quote:
Originally Posted by c_reber View Post
I have a base model, and it has the hill start assist. But it doesn't always work for me. Maybe like someone suggested, you need to have traction/advance trac ON for it to work? Mine is always off:hihi:
Mines has a mind of its own also unless the incline is really steep where it really counts.

2013 Mustang GT Premium, MT-82
Roush Axlebacks
PONY Member
5.0L Member

Nice ride. Definitely get rid of the mccombs sticker. And as for the front plate. Texas - "no front plate" still a violation ?
Had an officer who was a customer tell me about this.

2013 GT premium GHIG. 6MT. Black int. Brembos. Corsa Sports. Jlt intake. SR Springs. BMR panhard. Pilot Super Sports
PONY Member
5.0L Member
S197 Member

I find hill assist generally kicks in on a steep incline which is where it is most useful. I thought I would find it annoying but don't mind it all to be honest, particularly when you are in real tight with someone hanging on your tail.

2013 Boss 302
2012 Mustang GT Grabber Blue (sold)
401A, MT82, Brembo, 3.55, HID & Security, Electronics Pkg
post #23 of 26 (permalink) Old 06-20-2013 Thread Starter
Apprentice
5.0L Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by franklin9150 View Post
Nice ride! I bought mine at the same dealership a year and a half ago.

As far as volume goes, I have a muffler delete on mine, and it is pretty loud. I still have factory headers, mid-pipe, and resonators, and it is as loud as I want it to be. What side of town are you on? If you want to hear the setup, let me know, maybe we can set up something.

Enjoy the Stang!
Awesome! I love on the northwest side close to 151.

2014 5.0 M6 | 3.73 | GT500 Axleback | Lethal Performance O/R H-pipe | Barton Shifter Bracket | Hypermotive Tune
post #24 of 26 (permalink) Old 06-20-2013 Thread Starter
Apprentice
5.0L Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Action Bronson View Post
Depends if you're doing long tube headers with an O/R X or H pipe or shorties with cat delete's, etc.

I'm guessing it'll be pretty loud and mean haha.
Definitely want loud and mean. I'm thinking about an x pipe, how does that compare to the h pipe? I'd be doing long tubes

Apprentice
5.0L Member

Quote:
Awesome! I love on the northwest side close to 151.

Sent you a PM .....

Current - 2012 GT Premium, Black, Brembo Brake Package
On order - 2015 GT Premium, Magnetic, 400A, Ceramic, Performance Package
Ordered - 10/18
Built - 11/18
In Transit - 11/19

Sean Reilly

Quote:
Definitely want loud and mean. I'm thinking about an x pipe, how does that compare to the h pipe? I'd be doing long tubes

X-pipes tend to be more "Raspy" (and I dont mean in a Bad way) and they have a higher pitch especially at higher RPM's (like a NASCAR engine)......H-pipes have a lower octave (deeper sound) and they usually have a 4 measure throb due to the Right and Left Banks of the V8 bouncing off of each other......The old addage about X-pipes being able to flow more air than H-Pipes, and therefore being able to produce any real measurable H.P. at higher RPM's has been questioned by the Exaust Maker MBRP in plenty of tests... (as long as the crossover Tube in the H-Pipe is of sufficiant size in relation to the size of the 2 sides (coming from each bank of the mid-pipe)..........For me, I have had both, and I most definately prefer the Deep Boom of an H-Pipe system But this is just MY opinion.......But being that you are going with Long tubes, you may want to gather more info from a few of the guys that are sporting the longs. As now you are entertaining the superior scavenging properties of the longer tubes, and you might just be negating the all so good reason for having the longer tubes in the first place.....That being Scavenging! As I do not think that both banks bouncing off each other in the H-Pipe at 4 bangs per bank is necessarily a good thing.......But as I said.....Check with some of the other members that have run both setups ....Check with Grimace427, as he has MUCHO KNOWLEDGE in this matter ...............Sean
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Ford Mustang Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a VALID email address for yourself, otherwise you will not receive the necessary confirmation email needed to confirm, validate and activate your new AFM member account.

Failure to provide a VALID email address, will result in the cancellation of your new AFM member account registration.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page