Road Courses...Anyone tried it with their V6?? - Page 2 - Ford Mustang Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools
PONY Member
V6 Member
S197 Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Radioguy View Post
See my posts above. My 2011 Mustang V6 vert was an auto. I loved it on the road-course. I focused on the brakes, gas and steering wheel and it handled the gearing. Lots of fun

Even with performance brake system, change the fluid to DOT 4 and probably change the brake pads.
Thanks for the info. I was worried it might be always changing gears, but I'm glad to hear you had fun with it.

I'll take it out there stock... if I really get into it then I'll start changing brakes, suspension and all that.

2012 Black V6 Coupe Auto 2.73
BAMA 93+ Race Tune, Magnaflow Comps, 3370lbs
SVT Drift 18", Nitto NT555
13.7 @100mph
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

J Orbit

I've been to track days at Motorsports Ranch and Eagles Canyon here in N Tex. I haven't taken my mustang yet but it should be ready soon.

As far as setup: I've got eibach struts, springs and sway bars, hawk pars and super blue fluid, tires are 255 eagle F1s so the car should do pretty well on the track. My last car barely hit 100 on the back strait of ECR but I'm pretty sure the stang will hit 125.

post #18 of 20 (permalink) Old 06-20-2013 Thread Starter
Rookie

Garage
I have to ask...is your handle name from the GREAT Zenyatta racing mare??:?:

Racing is the best way to convert your money into noise!!

2013 V6 Ford Mustang Premium in Race Red
Mustang Club of America Pacakge
Performance package with 19" rims wrapped with Pirelli tires
Sync Package, Comfort Package, Appearance Package
Navigation with Sirius Radio, Reverse assist, Pony Projection lamps, Black leather interior, Heated seats and mirrors

J Orbit

Quote:
Originally Posted by LadyNRed View Post
11Kona3.7 Hey that is great info about the infields. I had no idea! I will def check those out!

SHOSKER - does the Bama tune void the factory warranty? I am totally new to the performance world here so it is all news to me :-)

I see the overall suggestion is brakes and fluid. Does that apply even with the performance package that has the better brakes/suspension/bigger wheels and performance tires, etc??
Street orientated "performance packs" aren't even in the same ballpark as track-ready kit like racing pads and fluids. Trust me, you need better brakes or you'll have maybe 2 good laps followed by a 3rd lap with a brake pedal that goes to the floor. Not a good feeling.

...and yes, tunes void the warranty. There's much written on this subject so a search will yield tons of info on the topic.
PONY Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by J Orbit View Post
I've been to track days at Motorsports Ranch and Eagles Canyon here in N Tex. I haven't taken my mustang yet but it should be ready soon.

As far as setup: I've got eibach struts, springs and sway bars, hawk pars and super blue fluid, tires are 255 eagle F1s so the car should do pretty well on the track. My last car barely hit 100 on the back strait of ECR but I'm pretty sure the stang will hit 125.
You run out of room pretty quick back there. I have only been there once and plan to go next weekend (6/29). I was able to get it to 110 on the back straight away. I was at the 500 foot mark when I hit 110. That corner came up quick.

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Ford Mustang Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a VALID email address for yourself, otherwise you will not receive the necessary confirmation email needed to confirm, validate and activate your new AFM member account.

Failure to provide a VALID email address, will result in the cancellation of your new AFM member account registration.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page