First time Mustang Owner... 2013 5.0 GT - Page 2 - Ford Mustang Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools
PONY Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by powerwhee View Post
Broader torque band? the 5.0 has a much broader and fatter torque band. it makes 350 torque by 3000 rpm. 50 more than the bmw's peak. yea it's torque comes in at 2000 rpm. who cares. the 5.0 is making 50 more by 3000 and almost 100 more by 4200. with simple mods the 5.0 cranks out 380 torque to the wheels from 3500 rpm up. it is a much better engine than the 335i. I have driven and raced many 335i's in my car.

My friend went from a 2011 n55 with a oe tune/intake/exhaust to a 335is with a jb4/intake and I have raced em both, in my v6. The n55 isn't as mod friendly and I beat it, the 335is beats me with his mods on and stock dead even. They are great cars. but not in the same class of speed as the 5.0, without the mods you have on your car. downpipes and a solid accompanying tune can make the 335i a solid 360 rwhp car. than it can keep up with a stock 5.0. a bolt on 5.0 will blow away a 335i in a straight line if it can put its power to the ground without spinning.

The 335i is in a different class when it comes to fit and finish. It looks and feels much better inside. The leather is amazing quality. The panel gaps are formed perfectly. The seats are amazing. The bolsters on the seats for your thighs on the M Sport package are amazing. Everything that has to do with interior quality the BMW excels in. The engine on the mustang is amazing. The interior is ok. The handling with some slight suspension mods can equal a BMW, despite what people say it is not the be all end all in handling.

your lucky to have these choices and still be in high school man. you have some nice parents. really nice.
By broader I don't mean more. My N54 twin turbo had the Juicebox on it and torque was way over 300 ft/lbs maybe around 360ft/lbs or more and that torque was available almost fully all through the range. The mustang may have a little more torque but in the BMW it's more noticeable at all driving speeds.

2012 Mustang 5.0 - 2002 Focus ZTW - 2012 Kia Soul - 1969 Mustang GT
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

PONY Member

All I can say is that they are completely different cars, and Mustangs particularly have a very different driving sensation than most other cars.

Where the BMW is all about dynamics, technology, modern suspension, luxury. The Mustang is crude, rough, FUN, not every clown can drive a Mustang fast, almost any clown can drive a BMW fast and the car forgives the mistakes.

They are totally different animals, I wonīt say one is better (define better for "what"). Better engineered, the BMW, better fun to drive, personal experience, the Mustang definitely.

Go and drive one, then decide what to do.

2015 50 Anniversary Package GT
2014 Race Red Premium GT Convertible
2003 Silver GT
1981 Ford Mustang Fastback
1966 Mustang Coupe 289 4V
15 years ago 1984 Ford Mustang Hardtop
GT Member
5.0L Member
S197 Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Morcla View Post
By broader I don't mean more. My N54 twin turbo had the Juicebox on it and torque was way over 300 ft/lbs maybe around 360ft/lbs or more and that torque was available almost fully all through the range. The mustang may have a little more torque but in the BMW it's more noticeable at all driving speeds.
Yea, my friend has the 335is, which comes with the 7 speed dct, and the n54 with the torque overboost to 370 lb ft for 8 seconds. He has a juice box on it as well. From terry. You probably know him too, if you got the juice box on your car. My friend has tune/intake/axlebacks 5.0. It demolishes the n54 335is with the 7 speed dct, even with his juice box on map 5, the "most aggressive auto tune" map. If the 5.0 took it's mods off, and the 335is had it's mods on, it would probably be a close race. Stock for stock the 335is is the same speed as my car from a low speed roll. From a launch the 335is has launch control and will dust me or the 5.0 because spinning isn't winning. The n54 and n55 are very nice engines, don't get me wrong. But they are not as fast as the 5.0 in any way, shape, or form.

They do make more torque than the 5.0 at the very low end of the RPM range (1500-2500 rpm) but after that the 5.0 makes way more torque and hp. They are more competition for my bolt on v6.

Interior quality shits on the mustang though. Like was said in this thread what is important to you? If it's having all these luxurious features, and the car riding and handling nicely off the showroom floor, and all out interior amenities and comfort the mustang is not on the same level as the BMW. If you are willing to mod the mustang with the huge aftermarket available for it you can make it better than the BMW in every way but interior fit and finish. It may have some of the features, but it does not have the flawless fit and finish of the BMW

1st Time at the 1/4 Mile Best E.T out of 4 passes (Without Ported Intake Manifold):
Uncorrected 2500DA [email protected] MPH w/ a 2.17 60".Corrected [email protected] MPH
Ford Racing 4.10 Gears/ Borla S Type Axleback/BBK Chrome Equal Length Shorties/Lethal Performance Catless H Pipe/JLT CAI/Ported Upper and Lower Intake Manifolds/Steeda 91 Octane Tune/ SR Springs

glock22357

Quote:
Originally Posted by Maxspeed1 View Post
Seems like stock the cars dont handle well. I definitely will do some suspension work, whats the cheapest way to go about modifying suspension. I'm still in high school (flamesuit on) So I don't have excess money to just put into aftermarket parts.
The Track Pack will probably give you the handling you want. That or the Brembo PP.

They can be improved, but drive it before you decide it needs to be better.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Ford Mustang Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a VALID email address for yourself, otherwise you will not receive the necessary confirmation email needed to confirm, validate and activate your new AFM member account.

Failure to provide a VALID email address, will result in the cancellation of your new AFM member account registration.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page