What would you guys do??? - Ford Mustang Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 19 (permalink) Old 07-08-2013 Thread Starter
PONY Member
5.0L Member
S197 Member

What would you guys do???

Long story short...I was sent a duplicate set of Hotchkis sway bars. I orig. ordered and received a set back in April. They arrived, I installed them and all was good. So this duplicate set arrived out of the blue Mid June!! I was not invoiced for them (I orig. payed with PayPal so the vendor did not have access to my Credit Card info)

So figured I'd do the right thing and let them know they sent me another set by mistake. They emailed back thanking me for being honest, and will consult with Hotchkis re: what action they want done.

Now after weeks of waiting, and after sending them photo's of the shipping label as they requested...I came home to an email (via ebay) from them requesting that I send them back, pay for the shipping and they would reimburse the shipping fee's.

Is it me...or does that seem completely inappropriate and unprofessional?? To expect me to lug this box to some post office, shell out probably $150.00 to send it back to Michigan (from southern Ont. Canada) and sit around a wait for them to "reimburse" me!?!?

Should just keep the damn thing...shipping fee's alone will be more than it's worth. Sorry bout the rant but the whole situation has this weird vibe...and then this "request" sent it over the edge for me!!

Please if any other vendors here on AFM catch this thread...I would be interested in your opinion on this. I want them to have the set back, but don't ask me to pay for shipping up front!! To be honest, I don't trust that they would pay me back.

Anyhow...just wondered about some opinions if this happened to you. Thanks guys

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 19 (permalink) Old 07-08-2013
MACH I Member
V6 Member

Send a message via MSN to Derfdog15 Send a message via Yahoo to Derfdog15
I would tell them pay upfront for shipping or you will keep it.

2003 Redfire V6,
Show: Smoked everything, cobra front bumper, gt rear bumper, rear decklid and lower valence blackout with black mustang letters, 5% rear front 15%, black 98 Cobra rims front, 95 Cobra R rear black with chrome lip, black scoops and spoiler and exhaust tips

Go: CAI, True Duals with flowmaster super 44's, Bama Tune, full suspension (lowered, 8.8, 4.10s, UCA, LCA, springs, CC plates)
post #3 of 19 (permalink) Old 07-08-2013
PONY Member
5.0L Member

I commend you on your honesty. I would ask them to issue a call tag and arrange for them to be picked up. I personally wouldn't go out of my way and pay upfront for return shipping for their mistake. They should be happy you are an honest man and made the call. If they won't issue a call tag I would stick them in the garage until they do.

post #4 of 19 (permalink) Old 07-08-2013
PONY Member

They can send you a shipping label. Anything else is ridiculous.

2014 F-150 STX Sport SCab - Stock

1967 Coupe 306 roller block, E303 cam X302 heads, Crane 1.7RR, T5, 8.8 rear 3.73, CSRP Power discs
post #5 of 19 (permalink) Old 07-08-2013
Apprentice

I would expect them to pay for it upfront to be returned or you are considering it a gift. That would be their only option.
post #6 of 19 (permalink) Old 07-08-2013
SHELBY GT 350 Member

They don't even have to send you a call tag or shipping label, they can e-mail it to you and you can print it out and then call ups for a pickup.

post #7 of 19 (permalink) Old 07-08-2013
SITE ADMINISTRATOR
Mustang II Member
V6 Member
4.6L Member
5.0L Member
S197 Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by killer94vert View Post
I commend you on your honesty. I would ask them to issue a call tag and arrange for them to be picked up. I personally wouldn't go out of my way and pay upfront for return shipping for their mistake. They should be happy you are an honest man and made the call. If they won't issue a call tag I would stick them in the garage until they do.
^^I agree^^ They should have someone come to your house & pick them up. They could Email you a RAC & someone like UPS Freight could come get them (I think the brown trucks have a weight limit of 75lbs.) Why shoul you get the hernia.

2013 GT CONVERTIBLE GHIG
2015 F-150 King Ranch crew cab

Dogs are not our whole lives, but they make our lives whole.
Saving one dog will not change the world, but surely for that one dog, the world will change forever.
AFM SITE ADMINISTRATOR

NEVER APOLOGIZE FOR BEING PATRIOTIC!
post #8 of 19 (permalink) Old 07-08-2013
PONY Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Derfdog15 View Post
I would tell them pay upfront for shipping or you will keep it.
Pretty much this. You've attempted to do the right thing and not violate your integrity. They've responded by asking you to undertake an additional burden to make something right that was never your fault in the first place.

Chances are if you just ignore it, they will forget about it and move on.

But if it were me, I would do this. I would write them a letter stating that they have 60 days to send you a prepaid packaged or otherwise arrange delivery to get the part back. If they fail to respond within 60 days, you will otherwise 'dispose' of the item in a manner most fitting and convenient to you (sell it). Then go to the classified and list it for sale at a nice discount from retail.

2011 Mustang GT M6 3.31s

Matt HONEYCUTT Tune, Lethal Off-Road X, GT500 axlebacks, J&M LCAs, UPR UCA, Whiteline LCA relocation brackets, Eibach Pro-Kit Springs, Koni STR.T shocks/struts, GT500 strut mounts, SR Strut Tower Brace

Best 1/4 E/T (05/18/14 MIR - no tune, X-pipe, or UCA): 12.920 @ 109.40 mph (2.059 60ft)
post #9 of 19 (permalink) Old 07-08-2013
GT Member
5.0L Member
S197 Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fatopotomus View Post
Pretty much this. You've attempted to do the right thing and not violate your integrity. They've responded by asking you to undertake an additional burden to make something right that was never your fault in the first place.

Chances are if you just ignore it, they will forget about it and move on.

But if it were me, I would do this. I would write them a letter stating that they have 60 days to send you a prepaid packaged or otherwise arrange delivery to get the part back. If they fail to respond within 60 days, you will otherwise 'dispose' of the item in a manner most fitting and convenient to you (sell it). Then go to the classified and list it for sale at a nice discount from retail.
Agreed...They send it as a duplicate order, their responsibility to get them back with the LEAST inconvenience to you... they need to make arrangements to have them picked up and sort out the shipping charges themselves, what they requested from you is unacceptable!

2011 GTCS Candy Red;Premium leather interior package, Remote start, security package, upgraded speakers, 6MT 3:55. 35% tint all around, Borla "S" axle backs, & clear corners.
The rest is all FORD
GT Member

What will the shipping company not come pick it up, will the seller not pre-pay shipping?

If the answer is no to one or more above, **** em, why should you be out for their incompetence. What? you’re their mother and you need to hold their hand?... you were honest and up front and told them about the double shipment, right, not like you tried to hide anything, right?

Then make the company be responsible for their incompetence…

Welcome to the stoner generation…

I don't speak often but when I do, I don't have clue what I am talking about. I just repeat things that I once heard and do not repeat them correctly... My doctor told me it was an ID 10 T problem and it was incurable.
So when I reply to a post or add to a thread I just find the words elsewhere and copy and paste.
GT Member

I would sell it on e bay and send them the money.
SHELBY GT 350 Member

Mud likes the honesty of the OP and the majority of the replies.....or you can perform a random act of kindness and randomly install them on some unknown persons car.

2012 V6 traded in for a 2017 VW GTI.
Apprentice

I would have laughed at their request for me to pay up front for shipping. Not only should they pay for a shipping label and pick up, but they should have given you a free T-shirt or something for being honest.

2014 Mustang GT 5.0 Premium, SGM, 6 speed auto, Brembo package, back up camera.
MODS - 15/30 tint, LMR shorty antenna, JLT oil seperator, GT500 axle backs.
SOON TO BE INSTALLED - Koni sport "yellow" shocks/struts, Steeda Sport springs, Steeda HD upper strut mounts, BMR panhard bar
PONY Member

They should send you a pre paid UPS sticker and get with UPS to arrange for pickup! Simple as that. I would not do their work for them!!

2011 GT Coupe Premium, Black exterior with Charcoal black turned leather interior. Rapid spec 400A with 6-speed MT, 3.73 limited slip axle, 19" painted aluminum wheels, HID headlamps, comfort package. FRPP tune with K&N air filter. FRPP Touring axle back exhaust with Borla 2 3/4" over axle pipes. ST Suspensions coilovers w/GT500 mounts. Spohn poly/del sphere adjustable lower control arms and Spohn adjustable panhard bar with Steeda panhard bar brace. Hotchkis Sport sway bars.

post #15 of 19 (permalink) Old 07-09-2013 Thread Starter
PONY Member
5.0L Member
S197 Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by 2005 white s197 View Post
I would sell it on e bay and send them the money.
WTF......What!! No, not doin that lol.

So after I let them know that I prefer not to comply with their "request" and that their has to be another option, the vendor has opted to let it go stating that they are unable to issue a pick-up order in Canada from the U.S and that they hoped I would "do them this favor". I've been burned in the past, I have no idea who they are...and I am not willing to take the chance. God knows with my luck it would end up in Siberia!!

Anyhow, I'm sure for them it's an insignificant loss...a "mistake" that apparently has happened several times before, one would think they'd address that little issue with the guys in the shipping dept.

Thanks for the feedback guys I wanted to do the right thing...but unless they offer to pre-pay, or come up with some other kind of rational solution...I'd prefer to err on the side of caution, and that this vendor should expect that the majority of people are going to react in the same manner.

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Ford Mustang Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a VALID email address for yourself, otherwise you will not receive the necessary confirmation email needed to confirm, validate and activate your new AFM member account.

Failure to provide a VALID email address, will result in the cancellation of your new AFM member account registration.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page