Do you guys want ONE talk forum, or a seperate V8 and V6 one? VOTE! - Page 3 - Ford Mustang Forum
View Poll Results: One talk section, or two (V8 and V6)?
I want one talk section for all. 123 65.08%
I want seperate V8 and V6 talk sections. 66 34.92%
Voters: 189. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools
Sean Reilly

Quote:
Originally Posted by randeez11 View Post
We appreciate what you guys are doing for us ! This site rocks. :itsallgood

Really.....Its because of the Great Members that we have here that makes our job Much easier We do indeed appreciate how you guys treat each other .and I mean it......Just go and peek in at the other 2 Big Stang Forums (I cant list them, but you know who they are) and just log on as a guest, and guys and gals, believe me, you will witness Their Members treating each other like animals:nogrinner Im not kidding!.......All of us are lucky enough to be able to come on here with just about ANY problem imaginable regarding our Stangs......And within Minutes you will have a boatload of good answers as to what you should do, or how you should do it ..............If Any One of you needs anything, or has a problem....Feel free to PM me, or even e-mail me....I will get back to you ASAP......And I am sure 5POINTO feels the same ......(kenv) is now the Site Administrator, and he was taking care of this whole site as a Mod. by himself (almost) for way too long. So we are trying to let him catch his breath for long minute...............Again thanks people

Sean Reilly

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

PONY Member

Put it back. They tried to fix what wasn't broken. One general 2011+ and separate techs

2012 Black MCA, HID package, Steeda splitter, Airaid cold air intake, AM Hood struts, FRPP Sport axle back, Soon : matching lower grille, MMD tailight surrounds and tint.
Rookie

Like they said Originally Posted by fake
-General 2011+ talk
-2011+ GT Tech
-2011+ V6 Tech

JMO

2013 GT/CS 6 Speed 3.31's Sterling Gray Borla S-Type

Rookie

Also thank you moderators! I'm new here and think its a fantastic site!

2013 GT/CS 6 Speed 3.31's Sterling Gray Borla S-Type
SHELBY GT 350 Member

So, how come this got posted in the GT Talk section? This seems to be another example of us V6 guys getting screwed.......

poor impulse control

2012 V6 traded in for a 2017 VW GTI.
GT Member
V6 Member
S197 Member

I thought segregation ended in the 60s?

So yeah, 1 talk forum.

2011 Mustang 3.7L V6 Premium ∙ MCA (203A)
Ingot Silver ∙ Charcoal Black ∙ Auto
HIDs ∙ Security ∙ Comfort Package ∙ Remote Start
Koni STR.T shocks/struts ∙ Roush DUB springs
PONY Member
S197 Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by fake View Post
-General 2011+ talk
-2011+ GT Tech
-2011+ V6 Tech

And bring back the 2015 Forum. It's an all new Mustang and should not be intergrated with the 2011+ S197 forums.

JMO
+1 Pretty much sums it up.

Apprentice
5.0L Member

One general talk section. There is always going to be something a v6 owner doesn't know that a GT owner can help with and vice versa

Sent from AutoGuide.com Free App

2014 5.0 M6 | 3.73 | GT500 Axleback | Lethal Performance O/R H-pipe | Barton Shifter Bracket | Hypermotive Tune
BOSS Member

I don't know why there are separate tech sections either. Theres a lot of overlap there as well. The only reason they need to be separate is because of the "V8 is the bestest and yours sucks" crowd. Only age and experience can cure that.
PONY Member

I think that in the talk area most topics apply to both motors and are usually about cosmetic mods or stories. the tech sections should be split by motor so I can skip over all the V6 stuff and only see what is relevant to me.

2011 Black 5.0 GT/CS manual, Tech pkg, HID, Comfort pkg
1/4"wheel spacers, GT500 exhaust, AEM intake, BAMA tune, Amsoil

1995 5.0 cobra clone. BBK full exhaust, BBK intake, 70mm throttle body. (sold)
5POINTO

Quote:
Originally Posted by dmp0001 View Post
I think that in the talk area most topics apply to both motors and are usually about cosmetic mods or stories. the tech sections should be split by motor so I can skip over all the V6 stuff and only see what is relevant to me.
Yup, when you have two totally different engines you can't share tech sections...
MACH I Member

I don't mind either way, but if there is a general 2011+ talk only, for the love of all that is Holy, keep the v6 specific questions in the v6 section.

Putting posts or questions that pertain to both the 2011+ v6 and v8 should go in the 2011+ section. Mods have previously over complicated this matter and upset the majority of posters in the 3.7L forums by putting specific 3.7L questions in the 2011+ talk.

Example:
1. Best looking wheels for my 3.7L
- this should go in the 2011+ Talk
2. Best performing front spring rate for my 3.7L
- this should belong in the 3.7L section because the weight of the 3.7L has a much different distribution than the 5.0 does and input from 5.0L members may harm the intent of the post and provide feedback that does not pertain specifically to the front end weight of the 3.7L
3. Best CAI for my 3.7L
- should belong in the 3.7L section because there is a distinct difference in design, brands and engines between the 5.0 and the 3.7L
4. Best FI option for my 3.7L
- should be in the 3.7L section without question because our engines are completely different (ie. Floating sleeves) and have different FI systems than the 5.0L has.
5. Full suspension recommendations for my 3.7L
- should be just fine in the V6 tech section or the 2011+ talk section, even though it would probably be better in the 2011+ Talk. The poster generally would make the decision to post where they want to get the response from. Bottom line... ask the OP's permission, as they may have an intent.

Sent from AutoGuide.com Free App

2012 Black 3.7L
=Performance Package

PONY Member
V6 Member
S197 Member

Simplify. One 2011-14 3.7 forum. One 2011-14 5.0 forum. Less moderating work. Less forums for us to navigate. More NEW content to browse.

'07 Mustang GT Alloy, 5R55S, 4.10, VMP Tune, JLT 3, Cervinis 2.5" Cowl, GT500 Spoiler/AB's, 19" Brembo Wheels, Sportlines, Koni, Hawk Pads, Kicker Audio

John 3:36 Whoever believes in the Son has eternal life, but whoever rejects the Son will not see life, for Godís wrath remains on them.
Apprentice

Most everyone commenting seem to agree on the separate tech/one talk layout, yet the vote is 68-49?

2013 Mustang GT - Black - 6MT - Vortech V3, Brembos, GT500/Lethal H, Bilstein HD/Steeda HD/Sports, BMR LCA/PHB, Lund

-------Previously-------
1997 Cobra Vert - Triple Black - lots of mods
1996 GT - Black - some mods
1988 GT - Black - no mods
Apprentice

I think one section for talk and separate sections for tech works alright. I can't imagine general talk will be all too dissimilar between the v6 and v8

Candy Red 2013 Mustang GT Premium: Automatic. Airaid CAI, 91 Bama race tune
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Closed Thread

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Ford Mustang Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a VALID email address for yourself, otherwise you will not receive the necessary confirmation email needed to confirm, validate and activate your new AFM member account.

Failure to provide a VALID email address, will result in the cancellation of your new AFM member account registration.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page