2012 Mustang GT v Camaro SS - Page 3 - Ford Mustang Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools
Banned
S197 Member

u mean having a negative opinion of the the competition has got to stop.
my last post here.

Last edited by Sean Reilly; 09-05-2013 at 12:58 PM. Reason: No Need For Trashing The Site!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

PONY Member
5.0L Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by csamsh View Post
Here I fixed this....

Lots of sources to look at...but the ones I choose-

A base manual GT weighs just over 3500lbs, Camaro is over 3700.

Go to an HPDE- Mustangs outnumber Camaros by A LOT

Grand Am Continental Boss 302R's are super restricted (along with M3's) to prevent the class from being dominated by Mustangs and BMW's.

The Boss 302S is THE CAR to have in NASA American Iron

FWIW though...the 1LE is fantastic. It takes $$$ to make a Mustang competitive with a stock 1LE.
Interesting. I always thought the Camaro had a better suspension system than our cars making it better around a track, curvy roads, etc.

Since I have a new Mustang, I would love to be wrong.

I think the Camaro also has a higher top speed, but I guess this really doesn't matter. I'm never going to go over 120mph. But again, correct me if I'm wrong. But it really doesn't matter anyway; I don't think the OP is planning to zoom down the turnpike at 150 anytime soon.

2016 GT/CS. Automatic, convertible. So far 100% stock!
BOSS Member

Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by AWkonablu20115O View Post
my last post here.
This site sucks!!!!
Having a negative opinion of the competition is one thing. Twisting facts to support your negative opinion is another. The negative opinion I have about the Camaro is the ugly gauge cluster(s). The Camaro has grown on me and the 1LE looks great from the outside and I find the stock SS seats are more comfortable and supportive than the Mustang. I absolutely cannot stand the dash in the car. That does not make the car slow and the 1LE in particular is a terrific car. For me it's a tough choice between the 1LE and a Boss 302. But somehow I don't really think this relates to the original topic of this thread.

PONY Member

I think ford screwed up adding the new front end to the 2013+ v6/GT in the picture of the Camaro and mustang the Camaro looks more intimidating, but compared to an 11-12 front end is a different story.

Sent from AutoGuide.com Free App

2012 Mustang GT 5.0 6spd manual transmission-BBK Longtube headers-BBK O/R X- Borla S Type mufflers- Dolce DC34 Matte Black wheels - 255/35/20 Nexen N3000 all around.
Raxiom halos, all lights smoked, louvers, Tuned by Lund Racing
SHELBY GT 350 Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by AWkonablu20115O View Post
my last post here.
This site sucks!!!!

allcamaro.com I'm sure they are nice there.

poor impulse control

2012 V6 traded in for a 2017 VW GTI.
GT Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by rickmcfc View Post
I'm in a bit of a dilemma. I fly out to Los Angeles on Wednesday, and Thursday morning I get the rental car from Hertz. I've pre booked the Mustang GT, as I've always wanted to drive one. However, my friend has just got back from Florida and he also had a booked GT, but upon arrival the mustang looked tired and when it was parked next to the SS, he thought the Camaro just looked the much better car. When he got back to the UK he said its an awesome car and loved every minute. This will be a holiday of a lifetime for me and the Mrs and we want to best possible car for our money. I know that most on here will say the GT is the better car, but is it in the real world and out on the road?

On YouTube I've watched many comparisons between the 2 and the Camaro comes out on top as the much better car. On motor trend the Camaro was over 2 seconds a lap quicker around the streets of willow track.

My heart says get the Mustang, but my head is swinging towards the Camaro.

Help!!!

Gee i dunno... get the Camaro and see how bad they suck... enjoy life dude..

I don't speak often but when I do, I don't have clue what I am talking about. I just repeat things that I once heard and do not repeat them correctly... My doctor told me it was an ID 10 T problem and it was incurable.
So when I reply to a post or add to a thread I just find the words elsewhere and copy and paste.
PONY Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by rickmcfc View Post
I'm in a bit of a dilemma. I fly out to Los Angeles on Wednesday, and Thursday morning I get the rental car from Hertz. I've pre booked the Mustang GT, as I've always wanted to drive one. However, my friend has just got back from Florida and he also had a booked GT, but upon arrival the mustang looked tired and when it was parked next to the SS, he thought the Camaro just looked the much better car. When he got back to the UK he said its an awesome car and loved every minute. This will be a holiday of a lifetime for me and the Mrs and we want to best possible car for our money. I know that most on here will say the GT is the better car, but is it in the real world and out on the road?

On YouTube I've watched many comparisons between the 2 and the Camaro comes out on top as the much better car. On motor trend the Camaro was over 2 seconds a lap quicker around the streets of willow track.

My heart says get the Mustang, but my head is swinging towards the Camaro.

Help!!!

If you want to get a Camaro, get one. And the only comparison tests where the Camaro came on top is the 2010 Mustang vs 2010 Camaro, and the recent Camaro 1LE vs Mustang Track Pack video....(the Camaro 1LE is more comparable to a Boss but Ford didn't sent one to Motortrend).

2012 Mustang GT Premium
BLACK on BLACK 401A. A6, HIDs, Security, Rear Camera+Reverse Sensing, Remote Start, Comfort.
-Roush Axle-backs
(Planning on CAI/Tune then I'll be good)
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by carlg View Post
Interesting. I always thought the Camaro had a better suspension system than our cars making it better around a track, curvy roads, etc.

Since I have a new Mustang, I would love to be wrong.

I think the Camaro also has a higher top speed, but I guess this really doesn't matter. I'm never going to go over 120mph. But again, correct me if I'm wrong. But it really doesn't matter anyway; I don't think the OP is planning to zoom down the turnpike at 150 anytime soon.

Eh, better is a tough word if you're comparing the 1SS/2SS to the GT/GT Track Pack. The Mustang is more nimble and communicates more. The SS has a more planted feeling because of the IRS and handles irregularities better but is very numb. Something about those shocks that makes the car feel like it's going to respond on initial turn in but then you feel like you're controlling Titanic with a paddle. It's a very peculiar sensation. Plus a 3900lb curb weight doesn't help either. With that said, the Mustang's suspension has enough challenges as it is, starting with bouncy dampers and embarrassing bushings...
Sean Reilly

This is going surprisingly well.....All things considered....Members being patient......Got to Love it

Sean.
PONY Member

Stock Camaro SS VS Mustang GT: get the Mustang GT 5.0
1LE Camaro SS VS Mustang GT: get the Camaro 1LE
(Just an optional package is the deciding factor)

2011 Mustang GT Premium, Brembo, 3.73 & Std. transmission, Steeda Sport springs & KONI STRT. GT500 strut mounts, 275/40R19 Michelin Pilot Super Sport, HAWK HPS + ATE DOT 4, Rear CS style pedestal spoiler. Eleanor style side scoops, "C" style side decals, Black AM BOSS style roof vinyl, black hood custom vinyl & Black pony.
Rookie

Why is everyone speaking as if the 1LE is just so bad a** that a stock GT with upgraded gears couldn't keep up with it? The only thing the 1LE does is some suspension work and gearing changes. If you have an 11-14 gt with 4.10s you'd be able to hang with a 1LE, if not beat it.

Sent from AutoGuide.com App
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Ford Mustang Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a VALID email address for yourself, otherwise you will not receive the necessary confirmation email needed to confirm, validate and activate your new AFM member account.

Failure to provide a VALID email address, will result in the cancellation of your new AFM member account registration.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page