Different rear seats on Recaro package??? - Page 3 - Ford Mustang Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools
Apprentice

Someone has the case of the Mondays.

2013 Gotta have it Green Mustang GT-Track pack, Recaros, Koni Yellows, Steeda Race Springs, 25% Tint, AMR Wheels, FRPP Sport Axleback, Adjustable Panhard bar, Whiteline Transmission Mount, Hawk DTC-60 Race Pads.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

PONY Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by TRMNTR View Post

So here's the latest, they said they would fix it and would order new seat covers for the back seat. I don't think that is the best way to fix it. I think the best way to fix it is to replace the enter seat base assembly not just the covers. I don't think that some guy at the dealership is as qualified to replace the seat cover as the guy who does them all day every day at the factory or the supplier who builds them for the factory.

They say they can't order the entire seat base assembly just the covers. Again, I don't think this is the right way to fix it.
There really isn't a need to replace the entire seat assembly. Pulling the seat covers off and putting the correct one on is a simple job. I watched a guy do it in the pits at the drag strip on his Mustang in between passes.

No reason to believe that the dealer can't do as good a job as the assembly at the place that put them together (they aren't done on the Ford assembly line, they are from a supplier and shipped to Ford to install). Like I said, if it can be done in the pits between passes on the drag strip it really isn't that difficult to do correctly.

Quote:
Between all of this and the pathetic amount they offered on my trade in, I'm considering walking away from this car, which is very disappointing after I waited 8+ weeks for it to come in.
Perhaps you are having buyers remorse and this is a good excuse to get out of the deal?

2013 MCA Convertible, automatic - Revelare Designs cowl hood, Hellion single turbo.
post #33 of 37 (permalink) Old 09-08-2013 Thread Starter
Apprentice

Quote:
Originally Posted by JimC View Post
There really isn't a need to replace the entire seat assembly. Pulling the seat covers off and putting the correct one on is a simple job. I watched a guy do it in the pits at the drag strip on his Mustang in between passes.

No reason to believe that the dealer can't do as good a job as the assembly at the place that put them together (they aren't done on the Ford assembly line, they are from a supplier and shipped to Ford to install). Like I said, if it can be done in the pits between passes on the drag strip it really isn't that difficult to do correctly.

Perhaps you are having buyers remorse and this is a good excuse to get out of the deal?

No offense, but for almost $40k, I should get a car that comes as it was supposed to from the factory. Why would a guy be changing seat covers in between passes? Either way, it might not be a hard job, but you can't convince me that a guy at a dealer who does a handful of these a year will be able to do as a good of a job as a supplier who probably does hundreds a day, has all the right tools, the right training, quality control, inspection, etc. It shouldn't be that hard to get a finished seat base from the supplier and swap it out.

As for buyers remorse:
This is the first car I ever ordered exactly how I wanted it equipped. It's been the background picture on my computer since June. It's my facebook picture. I had my car all cleaned up and cleaned out, ready to trade in. I had my title, my loan, etc. I was ready to swap keys, sign papers and go. I arrived at the dealership to find my car has a gay pinstripe on it. The sales lady doesn't seem to care that her bracelet is banging against the car as she puts the antenna on. I discover that it has the wrong back seat. The dealer wants me to bend over on my trade in. I understand it's business, but I'm not going to give my car away. Needless to say it was an all around disappointing experience. Do I want this car? Yes. Do I need this car? No.

I sold my Cobra in June, I pulled the trigger on this car on the last Friday of June, the order did not go in until the first Monday of July. I hoped to get it in early to mid August. The car did not arrive until the last Thursday in August. Due to the holiday weekend, etc, I didn't get there to pick it up until Tuesday after Labor Day. Now it's approaching the middle of September. The summer is over and winter will be here soon. If they want to fix the problem and give me a fair deal on the trade, great, I'll take the car. If not, I'll walk away from this one and order another one from another dealer. At this point, it doesn't matter much if I get the car now or in the spring.

Call me crazy, but I don't think I'm asking too much that a new car should be built right. If not, it should be fixed correctly.

PONY Member

He had cloth seat covers and wanted leather - someone had the leather seat covers so he reupholstered right there in the pits.

The stuff under the seat cover is the same - the seat cover is just what they put on over it and is easy to do. There is no way that they are going to order an entire assembly when all that is needed to have it
Quote:
fixed correctly.
is to put the correct seat cover on it.

As far as tools, some hog rings, hog ring pliers, and time is all it takes.

2013 MCA Convertible, automatic - Revelare Designs cowl hood, Hellion single turbo.
post #35 of 37 (permalink) Old 09-08-2013 Thread Starter
Apprentice

Quote:
Originally Posted by JimC View Post
He had cloth seat covers and wanted leather - someone had the leather seat covers so he reupholstered right there in the pits.

The stuff under the seat cover is the same - the seat cover is just what they put on over it and is easy to do. There is no way that they are going to order an entire assembly when all that is needed to have it is to put the correct seat cover on it.

As far as tools, some hog rings, hog ring pliers, and time is all it takes.

Thanks for the info. I'm waiting to hear back from the dealer. We'll see.
PONY Member
S197 Member

I can understand your frustration having also ordered my GT last year. I told my dealer no stickers, no vinyl, and no damn holes in the bumper. I about went nuclear when I found what appears to be filled dimples from drill holes in the front bumper when I took delivery. After inspecting every mustang on the lot, amazingly they ALL had the same dimples -- they arrive from the factory that way. You should get what you ordered, no matter what. Trading in a used car to a dealership will rarely get you what you want. Truth be told, you can probably get more money just selling it to Carmax.

A word of caution on ordering another, if you decide to walk away. DO IT SOON. I believe last year the order banks closed for the 13's around late October (a month after I ordered mine), and with the new body styles/MY's just around the corner, there's probably a small chance custom orders may be cut off even sooner for retooling.

Black 2013 GT Premium | Track Package | Recaros | GT500's | JBA H-Pipe | Borla Over-Axles | OEM GT500 Spoiler | Koni Yellows | Steeda CAI/Tune | Steeda Ultralite Springs | Steeda Adjustable UCA/PHB | Steeda Billet LCAs | MGW | Forgestar F14's
post #37 of 37 (permalink) Old 09-08-2013 Thread Starter
Apprentice

Quote:
Originally Posted by xarius View Post
I can understand your frustration having also ordered my GT last year. I told my dealer no stickers, no vinyl, and no damn holes in the bumper. I about went nuclear when I found what appears to be filled dimples from drill holes in the front bumper when I took delivery. After inspecting every mustang on the lot, amazingly they ALL had the same dimples -- they arrive from the factory that way. You should get what you ordered, no matter what. Trading in a used car to a dealership will rarely get you what you want. Truth be told, you can probably get more money just selling it to Carmax.

A word of caution on ordering another, if you decide to walk away. DO IT SOON. I believe last year the order banks closed for the 13's around late October (a month after I ordered mine), and with the new body styles/MY's just around the corner, there's probably a small chance custom orders may be cut off even sooner for retooling.
I'm with you. I said no dealer badges, stickers, not even a license plate frame. Then they go and put pinstripes on it. I hate the dimples in the bumper too. It's a dumb design from Ford. I would NEVER buy a car with the front plate drilled/mounted. I know I'll take a hit trading in my car, but not as bad as they want me to. Thanks for the tip on ordering. I thought it would be closing soon, but not that soon.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Ford Mustang Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a VALID email address for yourself, otherwise you will not receive the necessary confirmation email needed to confirm, validate and activate your new AFM member account.

Failure to provide a VALID email address, will result in the cancellation of your new AFM member account registration.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page