Purchased 2013 GT (demo) Premium convertible 5.0 with AT about 1 month ago...car has about 5000 miles. The car has been in the shop for about 10 days. The problems are:
1. When taking off from a rolling stop in non-select shift mode, the transmission hesitates before finding 1st gear. Also, at lower RPM in non-select shift and going 30-40 mph, then attempting to moderately speed up to merge with traffic, the transmission hesitates in finding the next lower gear. I have to tromp on it for it not to hesitate.
2. While in Select shift mode and coming to a stop while manually down shifting sequentially to 1st gear, the car will lurch forward at about 3 mph just before I come to a complete stop.
3. Engine Tick when first starting the engine. This lasts for about 15-20 seconds
4. The right front suspension creeks horribly while slowly going over speed bumps.
5. Passenger Head Rest (right post) rattles when the car hits a bump.
Has anyone had any of the above problems, espec. the AT???
You might as well get use to it if you're gonna keep the car. My V6 2011 auto tranny has been doing the same as yours for over 2 years. Been in shop over 8 times with tranny, parts have been replaced left and right but no fix. Now,ford will not fix it....says it's all normal for this tranny.....it's not normal by no means! If it was normal then why did they try to repair it? I've never had a car with such a sloppy transmission......slamming 1st gear popping rear end..sometimes it sounds like I run over a metal garbage can, hesitation on takeoff and other times when you least need it, lurching forward at stop (dangerous), can't decide which gear it wants.
The front suspension has had a TSB for years, mine did in 2011! Why haven't they fixed this yet?...my V6 engine ticks loudly on startup but my headrest doesn't rattle...YET.
Sorry you're having problems but don't hold your breath on getting anything fixed. It's an engineering problem..that's why ford says it normal. I can't believe ford hasn't fixed these problems since I purchased mine. Anyway, good luck on everything and remember it's not normal for your tranny to be having these issues.