(New Member) Automatic Transmission Problems, 2013 GT premium 5.0 Convertible - Page 2 - Ford Mustang Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools
FordService

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dr.H View Post
Purchased 2013 GT (demo) Premium convertible 5.0 with AT about 1 month ago...car has about 5000 miles. The car has been in the shop for about 10 days. The problems are:
1. When taking off from a rolling stop in non-select shift mode, the transmission hesitates before finding 1st gear. Also, at lower RPM in non-select shift and going 30-40 mph, then attempting to moderately speed up to merge with traffic, the transmission hesitates in finding the next lower gear. I have to tromp on it for it not to hesitate.
2. While in Select shift mode and coming to a stop while manually down shifting sequentially to 1st gear, the car will lurch forward at about 3 mph just before I come to a complete stop.
3. Engine Tick when first starting the engine. This lasts for about 15-20 seconds
4. The right front suspension creeks horribly while slowly going over speed bumps.
5. Passenger Head Rest (right post) rattles when the car hits a bump.
Has anyone had any of the above problems, espec. the AT???
Hello Dr.H,

Welcome to the forum! My name is Deysha with Ford Service and I’d like to get this escalated to the customer service manager for your area. Please PM me with your VIN, dealer, mileage, full name, and best daytime number.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sean Reilly View Post
Robert, I would NOT worry about the Engine Tick, as Many Owners experience this with the Coyote engine.(you can read the "Sticky" Thread at the Top of the Page regarding this issue....And You can Contact Deysha our Absolutely Wonderful Ford Service Rep. that frequents this very Forum.
About your Front end "Creak" Well there is a TSB (Technical Service Bulletin) regarding this, as there is a New Lower Control Arm (LCA) with a Heat-shield modification thats seems to work (There is a Sticky at the top of the Page) But at any rate, Im sure that "Deysha" will be Posting a Reply in this thread soon:yelpleased:
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sean Reilly View Post
......Like I said, our resident "Goddess" named Deysha should be chiming in soon .....

Sean.
Quote:
Originally Posted by 5.0 Coyote View Post
DEYSHA ROCKS !!! Let her help you.stargate1.gif
Thank you, guys! You are the best!

Deysha

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

GT Member

Quote:
It just doesn't seem right to have to purchase a tune to correct the hesitation of the transmission. This should be something Ford should do to correct this very common irritating issue. I was initially excited about my purchase, but now see this as a money making scheme by ford, and yes, I regret my purchase. (I would love to be able to get my money back) Ford needs to correct the stock tune. If the performance tune does not void the factory warrantee, this adds more merit to the allegation that Ford uses this to make money. I have had the car for 1 month now, and its been in the shop for 2 weeks with the above issues. Not happy.
I'm not understanding. You bought it from a dealer, so you are saying it was messed up when you bought it or these "problems" arose after you got it home?

2012 black on black GT Premium Auto 6R80 - 400A
20 x 8.5" AR Torq Thrust M - BMR springs & Koni str.t shocks - GT500 mounts - J&M LCAs - CHE reloc brackets - J&M panhard - General GMAX AS3 - GT500 axel backs (no resonators) - GT500 spoiler - MMD tail light trim - Roush side splitters - AM upper/lower billet grill - Bama 93v2R tune - Airade CAI
Rookie

Quote:
Purchased 2013 GT (demo) Premium convertible 5.0 with AT about 1 month ago...car has about 5000 miles. The car has been in the shop for about 10 days. The problems are:
1. When taking off from a rolling stop in non-select shift mode, the transmission hesitates before finding 1st gear. Also, at lower RPM in non-select shift and going 30-40 mph, then attempting to moderately speed up to merge with traffic, the transmission hesitates in finding the next lower gear. I have to tromp on it for it not to hesitate.
2. While in Select shift mode and coming to a stop while manually down shifting sequentially to 1st gear, the car will lurch forward at about 3 mph just before I come to a complete stop.
3. Engine Tick when first starting the engine. This lasts for about 15-20 seconds
4. The right front suspension creeks horribly while slowly going over speed bumps.
5. Passenger Head Rest (right post) rattles when the car hits a bump.
Has anyone had any of the above problems, espec. the AT???
You might as well get use to it if you're gonna keep the car. My V6 2011 auto tranny has been doing the same as yours for over 2 years. Been in shop over 8 times with tranny, parts have been replaced left and right but no fix. Now,ford will not fix it....says it's all normal for this tranny.....it's not normal by no means! If it was normal then why did they try to repair it? I've never had a car with such a sloppy transmission......slamming 1st gear popping rear end..sometimes it sounds like I run over a metal garbage can, hesitation on takeoff and other times when you least need it, lurching forward at stop (dangerous), can't decide which gear it wants.

The front suspension has had a TSB for years, mine did in 2011! Why haven't they fixed this yet?...my V6 engine ticks loudly on startup but my headrest doesn't rattle...YET.

Sorry you're having problems but don't hold your breath on getting anything fixed. It's an engineering problem..that's why ford says it normal. I can't believe ford hasn't fixed these problems since I purchased mine. Anyway, good luck on everything and remember it's not normal for your tranny to be having these issues.

Sean Reilly

Quote:
Originally Posted by Spasticdog View Post
You might as well get use to it if you're gonna keep the car. My V6 2011 auto tranny has been doing the same as yours for over 2 years. Been in shop over 8 times with tranny, parts have been replaced left and right but no fix. Now,ford will not fix it....says it's all normal for this tranny.....it's not normal by no means! If it was normal then why did they try to repair it? I've never had a car with such a sloppy transmission......slamming 1st gear popping rear end..sometimes it sounds like I run over a metal garbage can, hesitation on takeoff and other times when you least need it, lurching forward at stop (dangerous), can't decide which gear it wants.

The front suspension has had a TSB for years, mine did in 2011! Why haven't they fixed this yet?...my V6 engine ticks loudly on startup but my headrest doesn't rattle...YET.

Sorry you're having problems but don't hold your breath on getting anything fixed. It's an engineering problem..that's why ford says it normal. I can't believe ford hasn't fixed these problems since I purchased mine. Anyway, good luck on everything and remember it's not normal for your tranny to be having these issues.
"Ranting" is NOT going to Help the OP nor Help anyone else.....First of all. These TiVCT Engines are NOT quiet by any means, This goes for BOTH the 3.7 and the 5.0 Coyote (and the "Roadrunner" Variant). If your Engine was "Ticking" louder than what is considered "Usual", Well you should have Informed the Dealer that if they don't try to fix it (Making sure that Cam Chain Tensioners are within Spec.) then you WILL be forced to Escalate this issue To Ford HQ. (Deysha), and if they still do not want to help, then its Rime to take it to another Dealer, and Speak with the new Dealers GM, and let him (her) know that you shall be Dealing with them, for all of your future Car buying.....Im sure they will be GLAD to be of service to you......This applies to the problems that you gad with your Tranny. As it could have been as easy as having the TCM "Reflashed" AFTER the work that they performed on it....

Sean
SITE ADMINISTRATOR
Mustang II Member
V6 Member
4.6L Member
5.0L Member
S197 Member

I can`t believe that the selling dealer used the car as a demo for 5000 miles & did not observe any of these things before selling it.

2013 GT CONVERTIBLE GHIG
2015 F-150 King Ranch crew cab

Dogs are not our whole lives, but they make our lives whole.
Saving one dog will not change the world, but surely for that one dog, the world will change forever.
AFM SITE ADMINISTRATOR

NEVER APOLOGIZE FOR BEING PATRIOTIC!
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by thelastsumurai View Post
Try pulling fuse 47 out of the battery Junction Fuse Box for about 20 minutes, Then put it back in, and then take it for a drive. Most if not all problems will disappear within a couple of days.
As above and numerous threads concerning bypassing the adaptive technology of the at, I pull fuse 47 every two weeks. It works
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Tags
automatic transmission

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Ford Mustang Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a VALID email address for yourself, otherwise you will not receive the necessary confirmation email needed to confirm, validate and activate your new AFM member account.

Failure to provide a VALID email address, will result in the cancellation of your new AFM member account registration.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page