Ford Mustang Forum

Ford Mustang Forum (/forums/)
-   2011-2014 Mustang Talk (https://www.allfordmustangs.com/forums/2011-2014-mustang-talk/)
-   -   Question about xpipe. (https://www.allfordmustangs.com/forums/2011-2014-mustang-talk/549737-question-about-xpipe.html)

AdvancedSpecV 09-09-2013 06:16 AM

Question about xpipe.

Hey everyone! So I finally decided to bite the bullet and do some performance upgrades. I ordered the jba modular x pipe, an airaid CAI and the diablo tuner. Well unfortunately American Muscle is currently out of the airaid intakes, so they are only sending me the xpipe for now. My question is can I still install the whole xpipe, or at least the part that doesn't remove the cats? Or should I just wait until my tune/CAI arrives?

xarius 09-09-2013 07:43 AM

From what I'm seeing on the part you ordered, it comes with separate cat delete pipes. You'll have to wait for your tune/r from AM before you remove the cats and install the cat deletes, but you can go ahead and install the mid-pipe section. From some of the reviews, the mid-pipe appears appears to hook up to the stock cat pipes just fine.

Whether you wait to do the whole thing at once, or a piece at a time is up to you and your patience for modding. :)

AdvancedSpecV 09-09-2013 09:50 AM

Ok sounds like a plan. I just checked their site though and the airaid by itself is in stock and so is the tuner, I'm hoping they will ship out today! If they do I will just wait and doit all at once

AMDanBailer 09-09-2013 11:04 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by AdvancedSpecV (Post 5084649)
Hey everyone! So I finally decided to bite the bullet and do some performance upgrades. I ordered the jba modular x pipe, an airaid CAI and the diablo tuner. Well unfortunately American Muscle is currently out of the airaid intakes, so they are only sending me the xpipe for now. My question is can I still install the whole xpipe, or at least the part that doesn't remove the cats? Or should I just wait until my tune/CAI arrives?

Quote:

Originally Posted by AdvancedSpecV (Post 5085089)
Ok sounds like a plan. I just checked their site though and the airaid by itself is in stock and so is the tuner, I'm hoping they will ship out today! If they do I will just wait and doit all at once

Hey,

I'm showing both of these items are back in stock now, so your order should be shipping out shortly! Can you please shoot me a PM with your order number, I just want to make sure everything's good to go for you.

-Dan