Best sounding exhaust? - Page 2 - Ford Mustang Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools
PONY Member
5.0L Member
S197 Member

FRPP sports...similar to Borla S types, slightly deeper and touch less rasp. You cant go wrong with either, or any of the advice all of the previous posters have given you.

2013 Boss 302
2012 Mustang GT Grabber Blue (sold)
401A, MT82, Brembo, 3.55, HID & Security, Electronics Pkg
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Rookie

It's hard to say what's "best" cause everyone has a different taste but I have Roush axlebacks and love them. No drone.

There are tons of threads on this very subject on the forum. Check em out.

2014 GT Premium, Grabber Blue, 6AT, glass roof, comfort package. Mods to follow shortly...
SHELBY GT 350 Member
V6 Member
5.0L Member
S197 Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by lup1024 View Post
FRPP sports...similar to Borla S types, slightly deeper and touch less rasp. You cant go wrong with either, or any of the advice all of the previous posters have given you.
+1 add the Boss side exhaust and you're done.
Ford Racing Quad Exhaust - YouTube

2011 Ford Mustang V8 5.0 GT/CS Black Coupe MT - (Mods in my profile, too many to list here...)
"Don't wait for tomorrow to look back and wish for today": In Memory of a great guy: Pcfrisch.

Apprentice

I'm also looking for the "perfect" catback and have just about selected the Borla "S" type as it isnt too terribly loud at idle but roars under WOT. Just remember after you install longtubes the sound doubles easily if cats aren't used and usually something that you loved before the headers ends up being something you despise later. So since i've been in the position before on a another long tube headered vehicle i plan to keep racing cats in my exhaust system. Who cares if it loses 3-5 rwhp I want it to sound nice..

2014 Sterling Gray Gt 3.73's, MT82 Trans, Forgestar CF5's /w Michelin PSS tires, JLT Carbon fiber CAI, Bama 93R Tune, Borla S Catback, DSS Alum driveshaft, BMR springs, LCA, UCA, UCA mount, Panhard, Panhard brace, LCA Relo brackets, Viking Dbl adj shocks, Strange Adj struts, MGW shifter
Banned

Quote:

FRPP Sports are a direct rebadge of the Borla S Types. They're not similar, they're identical.
GT Member
S197 Member

Mine is the best sounding.

2011 Musang GT 6MT. Ford Racing 4.10 gears, TA Rear End Girdle, Boss 302 intake manifold, O/R x pipe, Ford Racing K springs, upr pro-series lca/uca/mount NGK 6510 gap to 0.32, ID 1000 injectors, KB Boost a pump, Paxton novi2200sl w 3.6 inch pulley 10psi. tuned by lund racing. unknown power.
BOSS Member
S197 Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by manolith View Post
Mine is the best sounding.
Next to mine.

2011 GT. Grabber Blue. Procharged. 3:73 manual.Billit LCA's. Corsa Extremes. GT 500 wheels. Racemaster DR's. T-56 Tremec. Dynotech DS . Centerforce DF. American Racing headers/high flow cats 560 rwhp.Donny Walsh tuned

2012 Pony Package. Race Red.3:31 automatic.BBK longtubes and catted X.FRPP Sport axlebacks. BBK throttle body. Dynotech DS. Brembo wheels and tires. Strut tower brace. Airraid CAI. Bama tuned.
GT Member
5.0L Member
S197 Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by nsadams87xx View Post
FRPP Sports are a direct rebadge of the Borla S Types. They're not similar, they're identical.
No, I know for a fact the s types are straight through and the FRPP sports, at least on the v6, are chambered. They do sound different. The stingers are slightly louder and the FRPP are slightly quieter and deeper.

They do sound a little different but overall not far from each other.

Sent from AutoGuide.com Free App

1st Time at the 1/4 Mile Best E.T out of 4 passes (Without Ported Intake Manifold):
Uncorrected 2500DA [email protected] MPH w/ a 2.17 60".Corrected [email protected] MPH
Ford Racing 4.10 Gears/ Borla S Type Axleback/BBK Chrome Equal Length Shorties/Lethal Performance Catless H Pipe/JLT CAI/Ported Upper and Lower Intake Manifolds/Steeda 91 Octane Tune/ SR Springs
Apprentice

Personally, i hate the sound of chambered mufflers. I am a dynomax/magnaflow guy.
PONY Member

Smile

AC your music credit should read Snap "Keep it up" the song was off the Rocky V soundtrack.

2014 Mustang GT MT/3:73 Gears/Brembo Brake Package
PONY Member
5.0L Member
S197 Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Asphalt Cowboy View Post
+1 add the Boss side exhaust and you're done.
Ford Racing Quad Exhaust - YouTube
Cowboy...I am running FRPP Sports with 3/4 baffles on my Boss and the sound is incredible.

2013 Boss 302
PONY Member
5.0L Member
S197 Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by powerwhee View Post
No, I know for a fact the s types are straight through and the FRPP sports, at least on the v6, are chambered. They do sound different. The stingers are slightly louder and the FRPP are slightly quieter and deeper.

They do sound a little different but overall not far from each other.

Sent from AutoGuide.com Free App
Spot on Powerwhee.

2013 Boss 302
SHELBY GT 350 Member
V6 Member
5.0L Member
S197 Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by SD_Stang View Post
AC your music credit should read Snap "Keep it up" the song was off the Rocky V soundtrack.
True, I did skip that part, thanks!
Quote:
Cowboy...I am running FRPP Sports with 3/4 baffles on my Boss and the sound is incredible.
Best set up I think, I took the resonators plates off my Boss exhaust, it's a must.

2011 Ford Mustang V8 5.0 GT/CS Black Coupe MT - (Mods in my profile, too many to list here...)
"Don't wait for tomorrow to look back and wish for today": In Memory of a great guy: Pcfrisch.
Apprentice

I have a Roush axleback and i love it! Mines is on a v6 so it doesnt sound that throaty and leans more towards sporty. On v8 though... the sound must be orgasmic!
Apprentice
5.0L Member
S197 Member

Roush axle back with catted Xpipe/resonator delete. Sounds just right.

Sold-2011 GT, 6spd man, black on black with 3:73's, Airaid CAI, bama 93 race tune, 12.350 1/4 @ 113.5 mph (DA corrected 11.904 @ 117.856 MPH) recently added lethal performance O/R Xpipe and magnaflow axle back, new times coming soon!

2013 GT, 6spd manual, GHIG, Eibach sportlines,
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Ford Mustang Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a VALID email address for yourself, otherwise you will not receive the necessary confirmation email needed to confirm, validate and activate your new AFM member account.

Failure to provide a VALID email address, will result in the cancellation of your new AFM member account registration.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page