Votes: 7 5.2%
  • rather check smiles per gallon

Votes: 8 5.9%

how many of you check your mpg?

6K views 71 replies 53 participants last post by  christy 
#1 ·
Simple poll folks

#38 ·
It seems from what I've been seeing that the 4.6Ls get better mileage than us. Interesting.

#44 ·
I Agree^^^^^^^^^

#39 ·
I reset mine about a week ago and have only done a few quick runs to the stores around town and am getting 9.8mpg on the computer average.

#41 ·
Na why bother is the way I think of it. Honestly, I don't know why anyone that bought a GT would care but I could see checking it to be curious. I put a 93 tune on mine to performance drive it (if that is even a real term) and I know I'm not getting anywhere near what I could be if I could keep my foot out of it.

On the other hand, I have an 06 Focus 2.0 manual trans base model and I check it every tank. It's my daily driver and no joke it averages 32+ mpg almost every time. That thing is unreal

G
#43 ·
I have an app on my iPad to track my fuel use. What I find frustrating is that I will get 25+ at 80 mph and then a few days of town driving, it gets down to 20 mpg. It is amazing how a lousy city department can cost you. Lights every block or so, and it seems every one goes red just as you get there.

#45 ·
I keep track of it in with all of my vehicles-it's just one of those things I guess.

I am happy to announce that our 5.0 is the most economical vehicle in our current stable happy.gif

#46 ·
What kind of mileage do you get?

In my V6, I normally get about 20 or 21 in mixed usage, 17 or 18 in pure city driving, and 33 or 34 in pure highway driving (i.e., if I'm driving from New York to Miami, and keep it locked at 70 mph for 400 straight miles).

#49 · (Edited)
Use trip odometer, it's accurate.

I use my trip odometer on almost every full tank of fuel. I am not sure if non-premium Mustangs have the feature or not. Mine tells me how much fuel I have used since my last fill up (it is always accurate to 1/10th of a gallon), my mpg (always accurate when comparing to manual calculations), hours, minutes and seconds on that tank of fuel and of course miles driven on that tank. It is comforting for me to know how much fuel I have left knowing I have a 16 gallon tank. I never have to worry about running out of gas. BTW, I get between 17 - 18 mpg around town (conservative driving) and about 25 mpg on road trips.

#50 ·
I peek every once in a while. My average is about 15 - 16 mpg. That is 99% city driving. I plan on those numbers going down some with the new exhaust and my desire to make it roar lol. But I figure, I didn't buy a GT for gas mileage

#51 ·
I've only had my 12 GT for a couple of weeks and I have found myself checking it. When I got it the first day I was able to get my MPG down to 12 MPG. I have found myself since trying to get it up. I'm at 16 MPG now. Will reset it at the next fill up now that I know I can though.

#54 ·
ohh, and maybe it's just me but....... you buy a 5.0L V8 with +400hp and than calculate the MPG?? seems a little strange to me.
Maybe if you have it as a DD......

#55 ·
ohh, and maybe it's just me but....... you buy a 5.0L V8 with +400hp and than calculate the MPG?? seems a little strange to me.
Maybe if you have it as a DD......
Bingo.

#56 · (Edited)
Mine says 23 avg now.I live on a highway. :cool:
Edit: I have gotten it to 30+ mpg on long drives.

#57 ·
My computer is a long shot away from accurate. It tells me i never do better than 15.3MPG. By hand i calculate 18.6-19.2MPG combined. Highway i have never done better than 22, thats while on the way to cali though traveling at 85-95mph damn near the whole way so its still not bad as i desire a 7th gear for such an occasion :) im happy with my mileage though, i drive it like it should be (in boost) and 640whp doesnt exactly = 300mpg... As expected.

Sent from AutoGuide.com Free App

#58 ·
I do ... I don't always care but a big drop could signal a problem. Plus if I have a really good run on a tankful it's a fun statistic to pull out when attempting to irritate the next guy who smarts off about my needing to own my own gas pump.

#61 ·
Don't actually check, just have the computer average up. 17/18 combined since new, but not my DD. My everyday Fusion averages 28 combined.

#63 ·
That's odd, mine regularly gets 30 on the highway, what speed do you constantly drive? Gears?

#64 ·
I just check the MPG on the display off and on for entertainment purposes. 15.5 mpg as of today. This is about a run of 4000 miles or so out of 6500 miles on the clock.

Pete

#66 ·
Although I have never really checked my MPG, I can tell you that my 2012 3.7 Mustang fuel mileage is not as good as the mileage I get from my 2001 3.0 Taurus winter beater. My pocket book tells me that.

So much for 44 MPG hype.

And I dont drive the Mustang any more aggressively than I drive the Taurus. :smartass:

#67 ·
When I had my v6 I had the average mpg tab up on my gauge cluster at all times. Averaged 24 at the low end, after the 3.73 swap my highest average was just over 22 but I also accelerate hard and shift late. I've had the gt for 3 days and I'm scared to look at it as the power is quite intoxicating, I'm pretty much incapable of shifting before 3000 rpms because the power is so much fun so I know my mpg is going to be bad.

#69 ·
Don't worry about the mpg you can get 30+mpg...not bad for 420hp!

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.