Oh geez, so much wrong in such little time - Ford Mustang Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 15 (permalink) Old 10-10-2013
notaV8

Oh geez, so much wrong in such little time

Let me just say my car has around 7300 miles and I've owned it since it came off the truck in january (2013)

I've had some issues since then
Passenger seat lever broke 3 times, still not fixed.
Passenger pony light went out, fixed but now both pony lights have water in them.
Driver power seat went out when this 360lb rhino service tech drove my car
Third gear is sticking
and the paint is bubbling on the hood and front bumper REALLY bad.

I've taken it in several times and I can't believe so much has gone wrong in such little time.

I hope they take me serious when I go in tomorrow. I understand it MAY not be a big deal to some, but the paint bubbling really bad and having transmission problems this early scares me.

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 15 (permalink) Old 10-10-2013
GT Member

Almost qualifies fora lemon lol. Ifit was my car I would make the dealership bend over backward to fixing this. But hey, good time tomake excuse as to why you need racing seats

a man's most expensive hobby started with a 97 cent hotwheels

1999 saleen s281sc vert 11k miles #261/421 built 1/170 vert 1/10 exact combo
2000 Roush v6 sport 78k miles
post #3 of 15 (permalink) Old 10-10-2013
notaV8

Quote:
Originally Posted by newponyboy04 View Post
Almost qualifies fora lemon lol. Ifit was my car I would make the dealership bend over backward to fixing this. But hey, good time tomake excuse as to why you need racing seats
Haha I doubt itll be considered a lemon at all! but yeah I just wish they would permanently fix it all, dont want a new car but if more things pile up then I will have to sell or ask for my money back, I have over $2000 in mods though.

post #4 of 15 (permalink) Old 10-10-2013
Banned

Shoulda kept the 6 JK JK

That sucks man! sorry to hear about your troubles
post #5 of 15 (permalink) Old 10-10-2013
Rookie

From personal experience with my now old 97 f150lighting i would keep on them day and night until everything is fixed.

The squeaky wheel gets the grease if you complain long enough. But best of luck, hopefully they fix the paint issue. Sounds like a bad batch of primer or sealant they used when painting the car.
post #6 of 15 (permalink) Old 10-10-2013
PONY Member
V6 Member
S197 Member

Get Deysha involved.

2014 Race Red Base Model-3.7L, MT82, Tech Package, 18" Black Factory Wheels, AirRaid CAI
post #7 of 15 (permalink) Old 10-10-2013
Banned
4.6L Member

well the paint is a common issue on those cars, it held up the delivery of many back in 11, and uhh the transmission? Probably the start of more fights since Ali ....
post #8 of 15 (permalink) Old 10-10-2013
FordService

Quote:
Originally Posted by notaV8 View Post
Let me just say my car has around 7300 miles and I've owned it since it came off the truck in january (2013)

I've had some issues since then
Passenger seat lever broke 3 times, still not fixed.
Passenger pony light went out, fixed but now both pony lights have water in them.
Driver power seat went out when this 360lb rhino service tech drove my car
Third gear is sticking
and the paint is bubbling on the hood and front bumper REALLY bad.

I've taken it in several times and I can't believe so much has gone wrong in such little time.

I hope they take me serious when I go in tomorrow. I understand it MAY not be a big deal to some, but the paint bubbling really bad and having transmission problems this early scares me.
Hey notaV8,

Let me get this escalated to the customer service manager for your area. Please PM me with your VIN, dealer, mileage, full name, and best daytime number.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mustang No.7 View Post
Get Deysha involved.
Thank you for the support, Mustang No.7!

Deysha
post #9 of 15 (permalink) Old 10-10-2013
PONY Member

Man, sorry to hear about all the problems.

Also, isn't it time to correct your signature if you have a v8 now?
MACH I Member

Your hood is bubbling already? Man, it usually takes around 3 years for it to become apparent. Right around the time that your bumper to bumper warranty is up.

Present: 2012 Mustang GT/CS - Race red - Electronics package - Security package - 3.73 - Steeda shift knob - Steeda shift bracket - ProCal II Tune - GT500 ABs - Shaftmasters DS - Boss 302S Wheels - Build date: February 14th, 2012

Past: 2011 Mustang V6 - Pony Package Premium Coupe - Black - Charcoal Leather - Roush Front Fascia - Matte Black Lemans and Hockey Stick Hood Stripes - 6% HP Charcoal Tint - 3.31
notaV8

Quote:
Originally Posted by Coast 2 Coast View Post
From personal experience with my now old 97 f150lighting i would keep on them day and night until everything is fixed.

The squeaky wheel gets the grease if you complain long enough. But best of luck, hopefully they fix the paint issue. Sounds like a bad batch of primer or sealant they used when painting the car.
I was washing my car and I felt the hood and bumper to be very bumpy as if I was leaving tons of dirt behind but if I drop my towel I just grab a new clean one to avoid scratches and I sprayed it down and the paint is just coming off! There's a HUGE bubble by the driver headlight, I'll take some pics but thanks for the advice.

Quote:
Originally Posted by 2Manystangs View Post
well the paint is a common issue on those cars, it held up the delivery of many back in 11, and uhh the transmission? Probably the start of more fights since Ali ....
Yeah both common issues and I got stuck with both!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Macabre View Post
Man, sorry to hear about all the problems.

Also, isn't it time to correct your signature if you have a v8 now?
It is correct, it has my 5.0 on there and a v8 tomato juice joke lol

Quote:
Originally Posted by matthewr87 View Post
Your hood is bubbling already? Man, it usually takes around 3 years for it to become apparent. Right around the time that your bumper to bumper warranty is up.
Haha that's how they get you!!

By the way Deysha, I will message you promptly, thanks!
FordService

Quote:
Originally Posted by notaV8 View Post
By the way Deysha, I will message you promptly, thanks!
Awesome! I'll be on the look out.

Deysha
notaV8

So an update, they kept the car from monday through thursday, I told them not to drive nor abuse it, i reset the trip B on the LCD when I left the car there, they "drove" it for 17 minutes for 1.3 miles and used .4 gas giving me I think it said 3.2 miles per gallon.... so they probably left tons of tire marks everywhere(as I expected) and they fixed half the stuff, just the seats and the lever already fell off again... wow what piece of crap service. The loaner was an impala which was ironic but fast!
PONY Member

What the heck? wow. Can't believe you've been through so much trouble with your car so early on. I'd be mad.

2012 Mustang GT Premium
BLACK on BLACK 401A. A6, HIDs, Security, Rear Camera+Reverse Sensing, Remote Start, Comfort.
-Roush Axle-backs
(Planning on CAI/Tune then I'll be good)
notaV8

Quote:
Originally Posted by blkandgud View Post
What the heck? wow. Can't believe you've been through so much trouble with your car so early on. I'd be mad.
Yeah you can bet my next car will be sooner than later and it won't be a Ford.

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Ford Mustang Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a VALID email address for yourself, otherwise you will not receive the necessary confirmation email needed to confirm, validate and activate your new AFM member account.

Failure to provide a VALID email address, will result in the cancellation of your new AFM member account registration.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page