Ford Mustang Forum banner

Sync tsb 13-09-22

5K views 13 replies 11 participants last post by  The Sheriff 
#1 ·
So... I've always had minor issues with my SYNC. The entire media input (bluetooth, USB, CD, jukebox) would sometimes not work after I started the car. I was able to fix it each time by shutting down the car, opening the door, and then restarting the car.

A few days ago, all of the audio for the user device tab of the media menu (I have the nav system) completely quit. My ipod (USB input) and phone (bluetooth) were playing, but no audio came out. Also, no audio came out at all when I pressed the sync button when user device was selected, and it didn't recognize voice commands when user device was selected (everything worked normally when something other than user device was selected). Master resets and shutting down and restarting the car didn't fix it.

I brought it into the dealer, and they did Sync TSB 13-09-22. Everything works again, and better than it did originally So all is well.

I did a search, and couldn't find this TSB, so I thought I'd share. It covers intermittent problems, so if you've got nagging sync issues, you should see about getting it done.

Attachments

#2 ·
Thanks for posting this, same issue occasionally happens to me, guess it's something I will point out during my oil change next month.

:worship

#4 ·
Unfortunately, that TSB looks a lot like a "placebo." When you get to the actions, if there isn't an update - which there doesn't seem to be, then proceed with "normal diagnosis." Normal diagnosis" seems to be generally ineffective - thus the FORD SYNC people suggesting "turning off the engine" to "reboot SYNC.":eek:hknow

Attachments

#7 ·
Hi Sean Reilly,

I am only able to provide information on the updates available from: SYNC Technology | SYNC Support | Ford.com If you have specific questions about this TSB, I encourage you to speak with your dealer; they will have the most information to answer your questions.

Kim

#6 ·
Per postings on on Mustang forums, this update brings Sync up to version 4.2.1.4. It does appear to be a legitimate update, but is not available at syncmyride. You have to visit the dealer.

G
#8 ·
Sorry for the Late response, But Kim is indeed Correct, if the Latest Update is NOT Available on the "Syncmyride" website, and you are having issues.....By all means, bring your car to you Ford Dealer for further assistance......

Sean.

#9 · (Edited)
I went into the dealer last week and requested this TSB. When I got it back the tech told me he just went ahead and loaded all of "the latest software for 2014". It seems to have cured all of the weirdness (dropped calls, music not playing, and locking up)I was having after getting the ios7 update on my iPhone5. I did reset sync before taking it in and that didn't help much.

My Sync account shows what he loaded below:

Date Confirmed:
Oct 15, 2013

Version:
Gen1 - 4.2.1.4

Hide detailsShow details
DR3T-14D544-AE

This new software will provide the following enhancements to your current SYNC® system:
- Updated Bluetooth device connectivity
- Improved system stability
- Improved media player functionality
- Enhanced voice recognition capabilities
- Optimized for use with Apple iOS 6 for incoming text messaging
This update includes improvements from all previous SYNC updates such as flattened phone grammar, improvements in device indexing, text messaging capabilities with the implementation of message access profile (MAP), and more. For additional information on previous updates, visit SYNCmyride.com.
Please Read: This update may take up to 20 minutes to complete. About 1 to 3 minutes after you begin the installation, you will hear an Installation Complete message. DO NOT REMOVE YOUR USB DRIVE OR TURN OFF YOUR VEHICLE. You must wait up to an additional 20 minutes until you receive a second Installation Complete message before removing your USB drive. During this interval, while the update is loading, SYNC® will not recognize your mobile phone or media device. Be sure your vehicle's engine is running (not in Accessory mode) throughout the entire installation process. Although your vehicle must be in Park when you initiate the installation process, once the download process has begun, you may drive your vehicle.

#12 ·
I went into the dealer last week and requested this TSB. When I got it back the tech told me he just went ahead and loaded all of "the latest software for 2014". It seems to have cured all of the weirdness (dropped calls, music not playing, and locking up)I was having after getting the ios7 update on my iPhone5. I did reset sync before taking it in and that didn't help much.

My Sync account shows what he loaded below:

Date Confirmed:
Oct 15, 2013

Version:
Gen1 - 4.2.1.4

Hide detailsShow details
DR3T-14D544-AE

This new software will provide the following enhancements to your current SYNC® system:
- Updated Bluetooth device connectivity
- Improved system stability
- Improved media player functionality
- Enhanced voice recognition capabilities
- Optimized for use with Apple iOS 6 for incoming text messaging
This update includes improvements from all previous SYNC updates such as flattened phone grammar, improvements in device indexing, text messaging capabilities with the implementation of message access profile (MAP), and more. For additional information on previous updates, visit SYNCmyride.com.
Please Read: This update may take up to 20 minutes to complete. About 1 to 3 minutes after you begin the installation, you will hear an Installation Complete message. DO NOT REMOVE YOUR USB DRIVE OR TURN OFF YOUR VEHICLE. You must wait up to an additional 20 minutes until you receive a second Installation Complete message before removing your USB drive. During this interval, while the update is loading, SYNC® will not recognize your mobile phone or media device. Be sure your vehicle's engine is running (not in Accessory mode) throughout the entire installation process. Although your vehicle must be in Park when you initiate the installation process, once the download process has begun, you may drive your vehicle.
Will having this update preformed also flash your car back to stock setting if you've had it tuned?

#10 ·
Sorry to resurrect an old thread, but I plan on bringing in my Mustang to a Ford dealership in about 2 weeks to get the update mentioned in the TSB. I've experienced most of the issues that the update is supposed to fix. The dealership shouldn't be charging me for installing the update, correct? I still don't understand why this update isn't available for download from the syncmyride site... I'd prefer to install this myself instead of being hassled with making a trip to a dealership...

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.