I hope tomorrow is the big day... - Page 2 - Ford Mustang Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools
PONY Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by IceBlue View Post
OK, got the Mustang tuned. Rob tells me if we spend a day sometime on it, he can squeeze another 70HP out of it from where it is now, yet maintain driveability and still be a safe tune.
By the time I got there today, the tune was already underway and he didn't do a test run for numbers prior to the tune.

I took it for a test drive and between the tune and the pulley switch, quite a difference IMO. Where I was pushing 7lbs on my boost gauge before, it's closer to 9lbs plus now. The tune seems smoother than my old tune and the 5W30 makes the engine a lot quieter.

Here are the corrected to sea level SAE Dyno numbers:

579.9rwhp and 484.53lbs of torque.

Nice numbers ice! Congrats.

2011 Mustang GT Premium Package, Candy Red, Security Pkg
Mods to Date; Vortech V3 Supercharged/Intercooled/9 lb boost, JLT Blow through intake, Tial 50mm Race BOV, K & N Breathers, JPC RACING Tuned,Vortech Boost A Pump, TREMEC Magnum T56 Magnum, Mcleod RST twin clutch, Upgraded clutch line,Modular flywheel, Aluminum Driveshaft,Borla ATAK Exhaust, Eibach Pro Springs,Adjustable Panhard,Raxiom Halo lights, Raxiom tail lights, GT/CS 19 inch wheels,LED Boost Guage, PLX Kiwi wideband
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #17 of 23 (permalink) Old 10-17-2013 Thread Starter
PONY Member

75 to 110 is amazingly quick now.

How's that Tremec working out? You gonna do a differential gear swap?

2012 Shelby American Mustang GTS 580rwhp 485 ft/lbs Grabber Blue White Stripes
Ford Whipple, 5.0L, Tremec XL Magnum, MGW, Centerforce DYAD clutch, Boss 302 Torsen w/4:10s, 302R EPAS, Eibach Coil Overs, Fays 2 Watts Link, Dynotech DS, Shelby UCAs/LCAs, Wilwood brakes 6 piston 4 piston, Drake Bump Steer, heavy duty cooling, welded axle tubes, Interior Package, GT4 wheels, Borla Touring axlebacks, GT500 rear valence w/parking sensors, and airbag cover signed by Carroll Shelby.

post #18 of 23 (permalink) Old 10-18-2013 Thread Starter
PONY Member

Argh!

It snowed last night. Now I have to wait for the roads to dry for another test drive.

Ford Whipple, 5.0L, Tremec XL Magnum, MGW, Centerforce DYAD clutch, Boss 302 Torsen w/4:10s, 302R EPAS, Eibach Coil Overs, Fays 2 Watts Link, Dynotech DS, Shelby UCAs/LCAs, Wilwood brakes 6 piston 4 piston, Drake Bump Steer, heavy duty cooling, welded axle tubes, Interior Package, GT4 wheels, Borla Touring axlebacks, GT500 rear valence w/parking sensors, and airbag cover signed by Carroll Shelby.

GT Member
V6 Member
S197 Member

You're having way too much fun. I'm looking forward to leaving the islands next year and hopefully end up in the mainland ... though Korea is still not out of the question.

2011 Shelby Convertible w/SVT Performance & Electronics Packages
2011 Shelby GTS V6 Convertible, AT, CAI, Aluminum DS, 3.73, Tune
post #20 of 23 (permalink) Old 10-18-2013 Thread Starter
PONY Member

Sorry about that.

I thought you were going the SC route for your V-6.

post #21 of 23 (permalink) Old 10-20-2013 Thread Starter
PONY Member

Hmmm, so I'm looking over my invoice and see they installed Brisk Racing Silver spark plugs RR14YS.
Apparently they are one step colder than stock.

Anyone ever heard of these spark plugs and are they any good?

GT Member
S197 Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by IceBlue View Post
Hmmm, so I'm looking over my invoice and see they installed Brisk Racing Silver spark plugs RR14YS.
Apparently they are one step colder than stock.

Anyone ever heard of these spark plugs and are they any good?
they are good but i like ngk 6510

2011 Musang GT 6MT. Ford Racing 4.10 gears, TA Rear End Girdle, Boss 302 intake manifold, O/R x pipe, Ford Racing K springs, upr pro-series lca/uca/mount NGK 6510 gap to 0.32, ID 1000 injectors, KB Boost a pump, Paxton novi2200sl w 3.6 inch pulley 10psi. tuned by lund racing. unknown power.
post #23 of 23 (permalink) Old 10-20-2013 Thread Starter
PONY Member

I was originally told they were going to be NGK but I got the Brisk Racing Silver instead.
They seem to run fine so far.

There is so much win in this tune on the dyno over the canned Ford Whipple tune I used to have.

The throttle response and smoothness is night and day.

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Ford Mustang Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a VALID email address for yourself, otherwise you will not receive the necessary confirmation email needed to confirm, validate and activate your new AFM member account.

Failure to provide a VALID email address, will result in the cancellation of your new AFM member account registration.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page